RIP Wally

smwhorn

When I was a kid, I loved LITB.  And my parents tended to be fans of theater, plays, musicals and whatnot.

There was a dinner theater production that was something like Beaver grown up with Tony Dow and Jerry Mathers, so Mom & Dad took me to it.  I remember that Tony looked like he had aged much better than Jerry.  I was too young to know about child stars.

RIP Wally.  77 is on the young side, but not too bad.

• Hook 'Em 2

I"m not all that old (47), but I grew up watching Leave it to Beaver in the 70s and 80s before there were a ton of channels and much more in syndication.  Wally always seemed like a pretty decent big brother.

His greatest performance, though, was in Kentucky Fried Movie.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wait, he didn’t die in a drug-fueled shootout with cops after he killed a stripper with his bare hands when he was in his early 20s?

must be thinking of Hayley Mills.

Believe it or not, she's still kicking.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I"m not all that old (47), but I grew up watching Leave it to Beaver in the 70s and 80s before there were a ton of channels and much more in syndication.  Wally always seemed like a pretty decent big brother.

Same.  Used to watch it everyday after school.  I want to say it was on TBS?  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Correct. That was back in the day when TBS would start broadcasts at 5 minutes past the half hour (i.e. 3:35 PM).

Became a Braves fan, whether I liked them or not. Same with the Cubs on WGN. My grandmother lived in town and babysat us every day in the summer. Cable tv was glorious.