Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

Disagree with you regarding TT's chances of being able to get Neal Brown if they want him.  Tech tends to pay their head coaches pretty well.  Additionally, how many power 5 opportunities are likely to come up that are head and shoulders above Tech, a place he has been before? Illinois, Col, Kansas, I don't think so.  Missouri, okay maybe.

Your point about not wanting to expose himself to Leach fans is silly.  ML has been gone 9 years now.

Dont really understand how Littrell is the equivalent of having "given up".  He has coached within some better than decent programs and certainly improved North Texas' football lot in life in a very short time.

32 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Wish I could say the same.  His decision last year to retain Kliff pretty much destroyed any confidence I might have had in him.  Was a no brainer IMO.

so the basketball and baseball programs do not matter when evaluating our AD? he hired both tadlock and beard. there are other sports within the university besides football. 

i think when tuberville bolted on us i think hocutt had a lot of pressure from the fanbase. we wanted someone who understood lubbock, who had a history here. so i think he caved and hired kliff. at the time i thought it was a decent hire myself.

Edited by Bash Riprock

28 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

Disagree with you regarding TT's chances of being able to get Neal Brown if they want him.  Tech tends to pay their head coaches pretty well.  Additionally, how many power 5 opportunities are likely to come up that are head and shoulders above Tech, a place he has been before? Illinois, Col, Kansas, I don't think so.  Missouri, okay maybe.

Your point about not wanting to expose himself to Leach fans is silly.  ML has been gone 9 years now.

Dont really understand how Littrell is the equivalent of having "given up".  He has coached within some better than decent programs and certainly improved North Texas' football lot in life in a very short time.

he is not going to expose himself to Texas Tech again not a chance he knows that would be a dead end for him

of the jobs that probably will be open Missouri, KSU, North Carolina, BYU, WVU and Illinois would all be much more appealing to him even if some of them might not be as good of a job overall as Tech (they are WAY better for Neal Brown).....even Kansas would be more appealing if the pay was the same or close

or he could wait for the Mississippi job, Colorado, Cincy, or Baylor after 2019

hell even the UH job would be more appealing to him if Major wins fewer than 9 games this year and UH has to fire him to keep Renu and Ferties egos intact

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

so the basketball and baseball programs do not matter when evaluating our AD?

A reasonable point.  I just feel like Kirby really caught some breaks with those two hires.  Tadlock was on the existing staff right there under their nose and in their lap when he was promoted/hired.

You no doubt recall KH turned flips doing everything in his power to keep Tubby as news of his interest in Memphis emerged.  He failed in those efforts.  Even though it's only been a couple of years, Beard appears at this point to be a really solid hire, but it's certainly not as if he was Kirby's guy from the get go.

11 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

A reasonable point.  I just feel like Kirby really caught some breaks with those two hires.  Tadlock was on the existing staff right there under their nose and in their lap when he was promoted/hired.

You no doubt recall KH turned flips doing everything in his power to keep Tubby as news of his interest in Memphis emerged.  He failed in those efforts.  Even though it's only been a couple of years, Beard appears at this point to be a really solid hire, but it's certainly not as if he was Kirby's guy from the get go.

Hocutt's success on luring Beard away from UNLV is pretty evident that he was "his" guy. Beard accepted the UNLV position on 3/26/17 and less than a month later he left and signed with Tech. 

I think Hocutt is doing well.

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 3

Fair enough, we'll have to disagree on that one.  

It's hard for me personally to define Beard as "his guy" when he went to great lengths to keep his predecessor.  Had Beard actually been his guy a 100%, seems to me he would have seen Tubby's potential departure as a genuine opportunity and do nothing short of actually help Tubby pack boxes.

And that retain  Kliff decision, a poor one by any objective measure IMO.

Edited by pigmeat markham
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

he is not going to expose himself to Texas Tech again not a chance he knows that would be a dead end for him

of the jobs that probably will be open Missouri, KSU, North Carolina, BYU, WVU and Illinois would all be much more appealing to him even if some of them might not be as good of a job overall as Tech (they are WAY better for Neal Brown).....even Kansas would be more appealing if the pay was the same or close

or he could wait for the Mississippi job, Colorado, Cincy, or Baylor after 2019

hell even the UH job would be more appealing to him if Major wins fewer than 9 games this year and UH has to fire him to keep Renu and Ferties egos intact

Cincy, Illinois, Kansas, UH appealing?  We must have a different definition of the word.

Who do you propose hiring that to you would be realistic?

1 hour ago, pigmeat markham said:

Cincy, Illinois, Kansas, UH appealing?  We must have a different definition of the word.

Who do you propose hiring that to you would be realistic?

they are all more appealing to NEAL BROWN Vs him coming back to Texas Tech.......coaches are not going to forget their experience at Texas Tech when they were here in the past and the fans acted like idiots

realistic candidates are Norvell from Memphis and he is the ONLY appealing candidate from the AAC outside of Sonny Dykes and that is IF Dykes wins 9 games or 8 games with some big wins....Montgomery at Tulsa is too up and down either of the other two would be better choices, Harsin from Boise,  or Bohl from Wyoming and that is IF Bohl has a better this year than last year Tedford and Long are not coming to Texas Tech although Tedford COULD be a good hire if he has a good year at Fresno.....all the other coaches from the MWC are not appealing at all

the ONLY candidate there is a SMALL chance for from the PAC 12 would be Sumlin if he wins 9+ and AU does not step up to pay him and Tech would have to pay him well

from the ACC there is no coach remotely available that Texas Tech would want even if they had a remote chance of getting them

from the SEC there is no coach that Tech could get that they would want

from the Big 10 Brohm is a big risk IF Tech had a remote chance to get him and unless Barry Ahole is ready to run off Chryst that leaves no other coach from the Big 10 that Tech would want that they have a REMOTE chance at getting

no one is leaving a Big 12 job for Texas Tech unless perhaps Boone threatens Gundy that they have to have sex for Gundy to keep the job

so that means that coaches Tech has a chance at (even a remote one) are Norvell, Dykes, Montgomery (with the last 2 needing to really prove themselves), Harsin, Bohl, Tedford (with the last 2 needing to prove something and the first one possibly saying no to the job), Brohm as a long shot IF he proves something, and Chryst of Barry A is running people off still and Rummy IF he has a really good year and AU does not pay him and Texas Tech does 

from there the remaining G coaches that Tech would want anything to do with are Joey Freshwater (may well decline the job), Butch Davis (that would decline the job) and that is it because Neal Brown knows that Tech has a vocal contingent of retards that he is not going to suffer at a job that would turn into a dead end for him

if Tech was having to go the G5 route then Jason Candle at Toledo if he has a big year, but he will probably be in the running for several Big 10 or ACC jobs as well if he has another big year and would probably take one of those over Tech

that leaves Lester Miles currently looking for a job

going with anyone else is just a give up and a sign that Tech has not learned from the past and is doomed to stick with some sprout of the idiotic air raid that has never done shit of real accomplishment and it will result in dragging back past baggage in some form or another and Sonny Dykes (provided he has a good year at SMU) would be a much better choice with baggage over any other

so best choices and shots in order are Norvell, Candle, Dykes, Harsin, Freshwater, Bohl, Rummy

that based on either proven record and or chance that Tech could land them with the last 4 questionable on record or availability and even the first 2 questionable on availability and Les Miles mixed in there somewhere depending on if tech puts in a grass field or not or at least a little turf plot for him

Neal Brown is not going to suffer Tech fans especially with the lawsuit stupidity still hanging around and the fact that he can wait a year and have about 10 other options that would be clearly as good or better and he will have offers that are as good or that have way less baggage and way less stupidity tied to them after this season

Coaches are not desperate like they were in the past and Neal Brown knows full well the pitfalls of making poor choices and Tech would be the poorest one he could personally make

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

so the basketball and baseball programs do not matter when evaluating our AD? he hired both tadlock and beard. there are other sports within the university besides football. 

i think when tuberville bolted on us i think hocutt had a lot of pressure from the fanbase. we wanted someone who understood lubbock, who had a history here. so i think he caved and hired kliff. at the time i thought it was a decent hire myself.

The choices in basketball and baseball were a shit-ton more objective.

Football is clouded by needy, idiotic fucks who want access to the program more than they want to win.

So yeah, football is absolutely different.  That has been demonstrably repeated in the past decade, in which the latter part, Kirby participated.  that isn't to say Kirby sucks.  It is saying he doesn't necessarily get the benefit of the doubt.

5 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think when tuberville bolted on us i think hocutt had a lot of pressure from the fanbase. we wanted someone who understood lubbock, who had a history here. so i think he caved and hired kliff. at the time i thought it was a decent hire myself.

May have played a role, but I think Tuberville left mostly because it was pretty apparent the way things had been going, he was going to get fired after the upcoming season and with his pal at Cincy, he had an opportunity to get a shiny., brand new contract.

10 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

The world will soon come to an end.  An ISU fan talking shit.

Year before last was a true rout, of that there is no question.  Last year's point differential was 18 points, by no means a nail biter, but by my definition anyway, not exactly "going in dry".  While Campbell appears as if he'll be a good coach, it's important not to get carried away.  

Campbell is 11-14 at ISU.

You gotta realize this is the most shit I've been able to talk.ever.  I really wish it was a school more deserving of it than Tech.

Last year's game wasn't as close as the MOV suggests.  We had the ball down near Tech's goal line late and just sat on it to not run up the score.

17 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

How’s the QB situation? McLane Carter or Jett Duffey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And throw in the true freshman as well to that competition. I don’t think we will know until the week of the first game. 

10 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

they are all more appealing to NEAL BROWN Vs him coming back to Texas Tech.......coaches are not going to forget their experience at Texas Tech when they were here in the past and the fans acted like idiots

realistic candidates are Norvell from Memphis and he is the ONLY appealing candidate from the AAC outside of Sonny Dykes and that is IF Dykes wins 9 games or 8 games with some big wins....Montgomery at Tulsa is too up and down either of the other two would be better choices, Harsin from Boise,  or Bohl from Wyoming and that is IF Bohl has a better this year than last year Tedford and Long are not coming to Texas Tech although Tedford COULD be a good hire if he has a good year at Fresno.....all the other coaches from the MWC are not appealing at all

the ONLY candidate there is a SMALL chance for from the PAC 12 would be Sumlin if he wins 9+ and AU does not step up to pay him and Tech would have to pay him well

from the ACC there is no coach remotely available that Texas Tech would want even if they had a remote chance of getting them

from the Big 10 Brohm is a big risk IF Tech had a remote chance to get him and unless Barry Ahole is ready to run off Chryst that leaves no other coach from the Big 10 that Tech would want that they have a REMOTE chance at getting

no one is leaving a Big 12 job for Texas Tech unless perhaps Boone threatens Gundy that they have to have sex for Gundy to keep the job

so that means that coaches Tech has a chance at (even a remote one) are Norvell, Dykes, Montgomery (with the last 2 needing to really prove themselves), Harsin, Bohl, Tedford (with the last 2 needing to prove something and the first one possibly saying no to the job), Brohm as a long shot IF he proves something, and Chryst of Barry A is running people off still and Rummy IF he has a really good year and AU does not pay him and Texas Tech does 

from there the remaining G coaches that Tech would want anything to do with are Joey Freshwater (may well decline the job), Butch Davis (that would decline the job) and that is it because Neal Brown knows that Tech has a vocal contingent of retards that he is not going to suffer at a job that would turn into a dead end for him

if Tech was having to go the G5 route then Jason Candle at Toledo if he has a big year, but he will probably be in the running for several Big 10 or ACC jobs as well if he has another big year and would probably take one of those over Tech

going with anyone else is just a give up and a sign that Tech has not learned from the past and is doomed to stick with some sprout of the idiotic air raid that has never done shit of real accomplishment and it will result in dragging back past baggage in some form or another and Sonny Dykes (provided he has a good year at SMU) would be a much better choice with baggage over any other

so best choices and shots in order are Norvell, Candle, Dykes, Harsin, Freshwater, Bohl, Rummy

that based on either proven record and or chance that Tech could land them with the last 4 questionable on record or availability and even the first 2 questionable on availability and Les Miles mixed in there somewhere depending on if tech puts in a grass field or not or at least a little turf plot for him

Neal Brown is not going to suffer Tech fans especially with the lawsuit stupidity still hanging around and the fact that he can wait a year and have about 10 other options that would be clearly as good or better and he will have offers that are as good or that have way less baggage and way less stupidity tied to them after this season

Coaches are not desperate like they were in the past and Neal Brown knows full well the pitfalls of making poor choices and Tech would be the poorest one he could personally make

If I were Tech, I would not go after Brohm as he already backed out on Tennessee last year, albeit was a totally different monster at the time...

The coach in Hattiesburg Virginia (Fuente), at Tulsa (Montgomery) & the coach of Memphis (Norvel), would be the few best choices in changing coaches in my opinion... 

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

If I were Tech, I would not go after Brohm as he already backed out on Tennessee last year, albeit was a totally different monster at the time...

The coach in Hattiesburg Virginia (Fuente), at Tulsa (Montgomery) & the coach of Memphis (Norvel), would be the few best choices in changing coaches in my opinion... 

Brohm and Fuente both make $4 million per year

I am not sure Tech could land either one of them though and if they went all in to pay to land them Brohm is a risk since he will only have 2 seasons at Purdue after this year and his first was 7-6.....Tennessee is a total disaster, but they can pay anything and he turned them down

Purdue has the money, but I am not sure they see fit to spend it and their facilities are not great that could be the main issue for him

VT spends more than Tech, but takes in the same or slightly less than Tech, but VT has a pretty loyal fan base and they will be happy with 3rd in the ACC most years (hey sounds like Tech haha) and they are a pretty good school and have good facilities.....the only reason Fuente MIGHT leave them is to get back closer to OK and Texas where he has some history

I think both of them are very long shots though

it will be a tough process for Tech most likely they will probably have to make the decision early (if kliff is gone) and either let Kliff coach the last few games or the DC takes over and then they will have to make sure there are no leaks because unless Kubby is just going into "give up" mode and going for Seth "Lamar" Littrell or similar right from the start they will probably have some coaches turn them down and they will probably have to wait for some coaches to play out a bowl game and the leaks could turn the process into a disaster quickly and ruin the chances to get a big name and or ruin the hiring "excitement" of a decent second choice guy if he all the sudden looks like a #7 last chance choice

as for the QB question they are not in a great position there either duffy is a known moron and has the self control of a horny goat and the other two guys are more QBs for the longer term or "next year" and Kliff has no real next year

people think duffy will be great and that his feet and other stuff matter, but the air raid needs a guy that will actually make a snap decision to pass 90% of the time and only run as a last last chance decision and that is why Mahomes did not live up to his potential because he was too eager to sell out and run and the D was prepared for it

many people think that Shimmy sucked, but he was easily as good as most of the past decent Tech "air raid" QBs simply because he followed the script and did his job, but the fans wanted Mahomes 2.0 because most of them are too stupid to understand the offense they love so much and Mahomes 2.0 was not on the team because he is moron #1 and he will probably show his stupidity again before the end of next year and if he starts he will probably get his ass knocked off in the first couple of games or he will take a seat and act like a little bitch and pout and be a team cancer because he refuses to stay in the pocket and make a short pass like the offense needs and I doubt he has the mental capacity to make the quick reads needed to make the short pass decision

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

Brohm and Fuente both make $4 million per year

I am not sure Tech could land either one of them though and if they went all in to pay to land them Brohm is a risk since he will only have 2 seasons at Purdue after this year and his first was 7-6.....Tennessee is a total disaster, but they can pay anything and he turned them down

Purdue has the money, but I am not sure they see fit to spend it and their facilities are not great that could be the main issue for him

VT spends more than Tech, but takes in the same or slightly less than Tech, but VT has a pretty loyal fan base and they will be happy with 3rd in the ACC most years (hey sounds like Tech haha) and they are a pretty good school and have good facilities.....the only reason Fuente MIGHT leave them is to get back closer to OK and Texas where he has some history

I think both of them are very long shots though

it will be a tough process for Tech most likely they will probably have to make the decision early (if kliff is gone) and either let Kliff coach the last few games or the DC takes over and then they will have to make sure there are no leaks because unless Kubby is just going into "give up" mode and going for Seth "Lamar" Littrell or similar right from the start they will probably have some coaches turn them down and they will probably have to wait for some coaches to play out a bowl game and the leaks could turn the process into a disaster quickly and ruin the chances to get a big name and or ruin the hiring "excitement" of a decent second choice guy if he all the sudden looks like a #7 last chance choice

as for the QB question they are not in a great position there either duffy is a known moron and has the self control of a horny goat and the other two guys are more QBs for the longer term or "next year" and Kliff has no real next year

people think duffy will be great and that his feet and other stuff matter, but the air raid needs a guy that will actually make a snap decision to pass 90% of the time and only run as a last last chance decision and that is why Mahomes did not live up to his potential because he was too eager to sell out and run and the D was prepared for it

many people think that Shimmy sucked, but he was easily as good as most of the past decent Tech "air raid" QBs simply because he followed the script and did his job, but the fans wanted Mahomes 2.0 because most of them are too stupid to understand the offense they love so much and Mahomes 2.0 was not on the team because he is moron #1 and he will probably show his stupidity again before the end of next year and if he starts he will probably get his ass knocked off in the first couple of games or he will take a seat and act like a little bitch and pout and be a team cancer because he refuses to stay in the pocket and make a short pass like the offense needs and I doubt he has the mental capacity to make the quick reads needed to make the short pass decision

In that case, it might be best to bank on either Bohl or Littrell coming in with a solid staff to change things at Tech...

I would think Bolh the bigger national splash, but Littrell the better local splash for the program out of the two coaches...

18 minutes ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Whoever Tech goes with for QB will be way better than Nic Shimonek...

suhhU9U.gif

Seriously though, Shimonek had so much potential. I remember him being a Manning Award candidate last October and I think that jinxed him. He would always overthink everything and start fucking up from what I noticed. It's like, rattle him once, he can't recover from it.

https://texastech.com/news/2017/10/12/football-shimonek-added-to-manning-award-watch-list.aspx

DL9ddxmVQAAX8DJ.jpg

Edited by Longboard Horn

7 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

In that case, it might be best to bank on either Bohl or Littrell coming in with a solid staff to change things at Tech...

I would think Bolh the bigger national splash, but Littrell the better local splash for the program out of the two coaches...

Re Littrell, OC Graham Harrel would be a hit with the fans.

14 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

Neil Brown's experience at Tech was fucked up because of Tuberville. 

Nothing else matters beyong that with regard to Brown. 

That being said, Tech needs to step away from that whole fiasco. 

That doesnt mean they will. 

38 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Symons was the best.  Crabtree made Harrell.  He’s overrated.  

You might recall Harrell had almost 16000 career passing yards.  Crabtree had a little over 3000 career receiving yards.  Likewise, GH beat out 5 star juco QB, Robert Johnson, as well as Chris Todd (who OU and others recruited mightily) for the job.

Symons had the best single season and I think most of us just wonder what he would have done with 2 healthy knees.

Harrell was squirrelly as fuck, but IMHO, he's the best QB in Tech history.  He was a great college QB.  Crabtree was leveraged like hell in the offense, and he should have been, but not until GH's Junior season.  Graham Harrell was hardly a one trick pony when it came to hitting the open receiver.  I didn't like him early on, but his mental toughness won me over.  He was a gamer from hell.  Leach rode the hell out of him until Harrell could execute the offense to perfection.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Neil Brown's experience at Tech was fucked up because of Tuberville. 

Nothing else matters beyong that with regard to Brown. 

That being said, Tech needs to step away from that whole fiasco. 

That doesnt mean they will. 

Neal brown will clearly remember that mike fans were too stupid to even understand that "NASCAR" was about the tempo of running an offense and not an actual offense

you could apply the "NASCAR" idea to any offense especially one that lends itself to the offensive players being able to get up and line back up without really needing to huddle

unfortunately for Tech many of the offensive players that Neal had to work with were more used to the "here let me stare at this gum wrapper or think about the stupid stuff I will say at half time Vs calling a play then we can needlessly burn a time out that we will need at the end of the half or game" pace of offense so they could not adjust to a faster tempo of an offense even if that offense was similar to the one they were familiar with

it was not because of Tuberville that mike fans were too stupid to understand that it was because mike fans tried to insist that a coach that had a much larger set of accomplishments run the air raid and call it the air raid and talk endlessly about the stupid air raid

Neal Brown is not going to come to Tech when he knows those morons still infest the stands and a small, but vocal part of the fan base especially when he will have plenty of other options

Tuberville consistently interfered with what Neil Brown's offense was supposed to be.

It has zero to do with Mike Leach, except to you, maybe.

I'm neutral on Neil Brown, but I want Tech to move on.  It's that simple.

We probably won't...because why do that?

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

Neal brown will clearly remember that mike fans were too stupid to even understand that "NASCAR" was about the tempo of running an offense and not an actual offense

you could apply the "NASCAR" idea to any offense especially one that lends itself to the offensive players being able to get up and line back up without really needing to huddle

unfortunately for Tech many of the offensive players that Neal had to work with were more used to the "here let me stare at this gum wrapper or think about the stupid stuff I will say at half time Vs calling a play then we can needlessly burn a time out that we will need at the end of the half or game" pace of offense so they could not adjust to a faster tempo of an offense even if that offense was similar to the one they were familiar with

it was not because of Tuberville that mike fans were too stupid to understand that it was because mike fans tried to insist that a coach that had a much larger set of accomplishments run the air raid and call it the air raid and talk endlessly about the stupid air raid

Neal Brown is not going to come to Tech when he knows those morons still infest the stands and a small, but vocal part of the fan base especially when he will have plenty of other options

Dude, Leach has been gone nine years.  That's a long time.

My parents both went to Tech and I have fond memories of going to games in Lubbock when I was a kid. BJ Tolliver, Tyrone Thurman, James Gray were the guys I remember the most.

As such, I really wish Tech would go full-time to the throwbacks unis they've rolled out the last few years - they're great, soooo much better than anything they've had since the Zach Thomas days...

tech2_zpsghuht1n0.jpg

tech1_zps03xnsvmy.jpg

tech3_zpsbr8vbxqt.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, Longboard Horn said:

All because of this cock gobbling piece of shit
9d7e2b7b3f95dc922c643dcb81fb8578.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be very interesting to see how Leach could have done at Tech for the last 10 years given that UT has been down and OU has been good but meh at times.

Edited by Pam Cummings

15 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

suhhU9U.gif

Seriously though, Shimonek had so much potential. I remember him being a Manning Award candidate last October and I think that jinxed him. He would always overthink everything and start fucking up from what I noticed. It's like, rattle him once, he can't recover from it.

https://texastech.com/news/2017/10/12/football-shimonek-added-to-manning-award-watch-list.aspx

DL9ddxmVQAAX8DJ.jpg

Just like Taylor Potts.

38 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Would be very interesting to see how Leach could have done at Tech for the last 10 years given that UT has been down and OU has been good but meh at times.

8.4 wins a season average and a lot of spare bowl games and more and more demands for money and more losses to TCU and Baylor and probably still plenty of losses to Texas

he is the same coach he always was and always will be and this season at WSU is setting up nicely for a big multifaceted leach meltdown

Edited by ButtFumble

10 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

8.4 wins a season average and a lot of spare bowl games and more and more demands for money and more losses to TCU and Baylor and probably still plenty of losses to Texas

This is such bullshit, it's absurd.  Like him or hate him, I couldn't personally care less, but you're denying reality.  

While an average of 8.4 wins would look really good right now,  in his last six years at TT, Leach won 9 games twice and 11 games once, was nationally ranked 5 times at season's end, while going to the Cotton Bowl twice as well as the Alamo, Holiday and Gator Bowls.  Certainly not the national championship game, but not exactly "spare" bowl games either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

This is such bullshit, it's absurd.  Like him or hate him, I couldn't personally care less, but you're denying reality.  

While an average of 8.4 wins would look really good right now,  in his last six years at TT, Leach won 9 games twice and 11 games once, was nationally ranked 5 times at season's end, while going to the Cotton Bowl twice as well as the Alamo, Holiday and Gator Bowls.  Certainly not the national championship game, but not exactly "spare" bowl games either.

no it is 100% the truth he coached 10 seasons in a 12 team conference and never won the conference a single time and his best achievement was being in a 3 way tie for the conference division one time

lets look at the amazing teams that he beat for those 9 and 11 win seasons (and remember no fan base talks more shit about the Baylor OOC than Texas Tech fans)

2005 he played FIU 5-6, Sam Houston State D1-AA, and Indiana....STATE D1-AA in the OOC so he played two D1-AA teams and a team with a losing record in the Sun Belt

in 2007 he played SMU (1-11), UTEP (4-8), Rice (3-9), and Northwestern State D1-AA in the OOC and he also mixed in that amazing loss to a 6-6 Colorado team so he could do a classic "mike coached team" and fall out of the rankings the next week after managing to get in the rankings with the most shittastic OOC schedules in history

in 2008 it was Eastern Washington D1-AA, Nevada (7-6), SMU (1-11), and fucking UMASS D1-AA

so out of those 29 "amazing wins" in those three "amazing" seasons mike got 5 of those wins against D1-AA teams and 5 of them against some of the shittiest D1-A programs out there and one of them against the only team with a winning record from three seasons of OOC games Nevada that was 7-6

so 11 out of those 29 wins in those three seasons were against total shit with two of those seasons having two D1-AA games

you compare that to what Art Briles or Mike Gundy have done at Baylor or OkState or what Patterson did BEFORE EVEN BEING IN THE BIG 12 and mike looks like an even bigger piece of shit for a coach

the guy has coached 16 seasons (and will be 17 if he manages to not fuck something up before this season at WSU) in two conferences of 12 teams and he has never even outright won the division in those 16 seasons and he won't this year for sure much less managed to win the conference

he made his way at Tech scheduling total dogshit and running up the score on them and yet Tech fans talk the most shit about Baylor and their scheduling while ignoring that it did not come close to being as shitty as how mike demanded that Tech schedule

and oh yea there was 2009 when he had North Dakota D1-AA, Rice (2-10), New Mexico (1-11), and UH <----- you remember that UH game right another classic mike moment (that WSU got to experience in a bowl game) when mike "sung his sword" and drunken kevin sumlin took that sword and butt fucked mike with it and stole the victory from him and then mike threw the team under the bus and tried to blame it on them.....and then another classic mike Tech finally manages to get ranked and an A&M team that was  3-3 with wins over New Mexico (1-11), Utah State (4-8), and UAB (5-7) and then three straight losses to Arkansas, OkState and KSU came to Lubbock and butt fucked Tech to a 52-30 win 

yea that is a hell of am amazing coach there....much less he is still doing the same stupid shit all these years later and costing his team wins and rankings and possible chances to have actual meaningful accomplishments in a season Vs just numbers of wins with a large % coming over total shit

8 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

no it is 100% the truth he coached 10 seasons in a 12 team conference and never won the conference a single time and his best achievement was being in a 3 way tie for the conference division one time

lets look at the amazing teams that he beat for those 9 and 11 win seasons (and remember no fan base talks more shit about the Baylor OOC than Texas Tech fans)

2005 he played FIU 5-6, Sam Houston State D1-AA, and Indiana....STATE D1-AA in the OOC so he played two D1-AA teams and a team with a losing record in the Sun Belt

in 2007 he played SMU (1-11), UTEP (4-8), Rice (3-9), and Northwestern State D1-AA in the OOC and he also mixed in that amazing loss to a 6-6 Colorado team so he could do a classic "mike coached team" and fall out of the rankings the next week after managing to get in the rankings with the most shittastic OOC schedules in history

in 2008 it was Eastern Washington D1-AA, Nevada (7-6), SMU (1-11), and fucking UMASS D1-AA

so out of those 29 "amazing wins" in those three "amazing" seasons mike got 5 of those wins against D1-AA teams and 5 of them against some of the shittiest D1-A programs out there and one of them against the only team with a winning record from three seasons of OOC games Nevada that was 7-6

so 11 out of those 29 wins in those three seasons were against total shit with two of those seasons having two D1-AA games

you compare that to what Art Briles or Mike Gundy have done at Baylor or OkState or what Patterson did BEFORE EVEN BEING IN THE BIG 12 and mike looks like an even bigger piece of shit for a coach

the guy has coached 16 seasons (and will be 17 if he manages to not fuck something up before this season at WSU) in two conferences of 12 teams and he has never even outright won the division in those 16 seasons and he won't this year for sure much less managed to win the conference

he made his way at Tech scheduling total dogshit and running up the score on them and yet Tech fans talk the most shit about Baylor and their scheduling while ignoring that it did not come close to being as shitty as how mike demanded that Tech schedule

and oh yea there was 2009 when he had North Dakota D1-AA, Rice (2-10), New Mexico (1-11), and UH <----- you remember that UH game right another classic mike moment (that WSU got to experience in a bowl game) when mike "sung his sword" and drunken kevin sumlin took that sword and butt fucked mike with it and stole the victory from him and then mike threw the team under the bus and tried to blame it on them.....and then another classic mike Tech finally manages to get ranked and an A&M team that was  3-3 with wins over New Mexico (1-11), Utah State (4-8), and UAB (5-7) and then three straight losses to Arkansas, OkState and KSU came to Lubbock and butt fucked Tech to a 52-30 win 

yea that is a hell of am amazing coach there....much less he is still doing the same stupid shit all these years later and costing his team wins and rankings and possible chances to have actual meaningful accomplishments in a season Vs just numbers of wins with a large % coming over total shit

I agree in the sense that I think there are 4 things Leach is really known for as a coach in this order:

1. offenses which put up tons of pass yards/points

2. playing shit ooc schedules

3. having shit defenses most years

4. that one magical 11 win season

At the end of the day he's a good coach. Not a great one or some kind of miracle worker. He's entertaining though so it gives him bonus points in how he is generally perceived by fans.

• Like 1