Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lubbock and Tech on campus have both changed tremendously in the past 20 years or so.

I DO feel like it's practically on another planet versus DFW or H-town, with regard to climate, flatland/ no trees, and dusty as hell.  That being said, it's a badass college town.

10 hours ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

The first time I saw Texas play Texas Tech in person, Larry Issacs was playing for Tech and the starting running backs (of note) for the Horns were Roosevelt Leaks and Earl Campbell.  I believe Sherman Lee was also a starting linebacker that year for the Horns.

Nothing has changed since then, Lubbock is still Lubbock, Tech still has to fly all of its recruits in and out after dark and Tech fans will never change.  Always hopeful until the reality of 100 years sits in.  The Red Wannabe’s......as a whole, the most unsophisticated fan base in football....and they live in Lubbock. That’s like having Jerry Jones as a cellmate in hell.....

Time to change your adult diaper.

21 hours ago, Bluemoon3287 said:

Nothing has changed since then, Lubbock is still Lubbock, Tech still has to fly all of its recruits in and out after dark and Tech 

If you don't like Tech, I sure won't lose any sleep over it.  Whatever.  If you're feeling in the mood to criticize something however, there's probably some value in being factual and accurate.  The above is the biggest crock of shit I've ever read here. It's absurd.

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Tech is the school in Texas that all the kids that are too dumb to get into any of the decent schools (atm included) go to and then they spend 4 years in the middle of fuck nowhere sleeping with 7s, probably getting herpes, and then cheering for a football team that has never won anything but random upsets.

Oh? Is that the Crabtree video? I'm over it champ. I hope you beat OU so we can ass rape you at home in front of a bunch of dumb fans looking for an escape from Lubbock, Texas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Tech is the school in Texas that all the kids that are too dumb to get into any of the decent schools (atm included) go to and then they spend 4 years in the middle of fuck nowhere sleeping with 7s, probably getting herpes, and then cheering for a football team that has never won anything but random upsets.

Oh? Is that the Crabtree video? I'm over it champ. I hope you beat OU so we can ass rape you at home in front of a bunch of dumb fans looking for an escape from Lubbock, Texas. 

and another pussy

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

says the moran starting shit with guys who aren't starting anything...with anybody...just talkin 'bout our team.

and most of us have been part of this community a shit-ton longer than you, rook...

Edited by slorch

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

says the moran starting shit with guys who aren't starting anything...with anybody...just talkin 'bout our team.

and most of us have been part of this community a shit-ton longer than you, rook...

Your douchebag Tech buddy is starting plenty of shit. As he does in this thread. 

If it DID happen, we'll lose to Baylor or some shit.  That's just a way of fucking life.

Then we'd get that fabulous Health Supplement that you piss away Bowl in exotic Houston again.  Don't get me wrong, I'd likely go to the game, but damn.

I said before the season started that anything better than 5 wins on that schedule and our QB situation would be a good campaign for cKK.  The way the losses have happened, aside from Ole Miss( understandable with first half injuries,) it's just frustrating as hell thinking about could have been.

13 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

All that banging 7s in the middle of flat nowhere watching mediocre football shit cuts a little close to the bone

Like there is anything wrong with 7s...shit, I think of this like a normal bell curve - 7 is pretty damn good, maybe a standard deviation above the norm...and the "norm" for a college campus outside of College Station is way above the "norm" pretty much anywhere else. 

7 is fantastic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Like there is anything wrong with 7s...shit, I think of this like a normal bell curve - 7 is pretty damn good, maybe a standard deviation above the norm...and the "norm" for a college campus outside of College Station is way above the "norm" pretty much anywhere else. 

7 is fantastic. 

I agree 100%.  Never said it was a bad thing whatsoever.  The Shag Elite “I only fuck 10s” crowd is both nauseating and full of shit.

I also have an affinity for empty spaces and celebrating less than spectacular football, and as an ISU alum very much identified with that particular description of TTU.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I agree 100%.  Never said it was a bad thing whatsoever.  The Shag Elite “I only fuck 10s” crowd is both nauseating and full of shit.

I also have an affinity for empty spaces and celebrating less than spectacular football, and as an ISU alum very much identified with that particular description of TTU.

sopranos.jpg

Heartbreaking last-second TDs that knock us out of national title games, shutouts on Halloween, whatever...we can all come together to celebrate the glory of solid 7s.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

No one is claiming to only fuck 10s. Pump the brakes chief.

There are some babes at Tech. I had a thing with a hot Tech transfer my Junior year. Just wrap it before you tap it amigos.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one is claiming to only fuck 10s. Pump the brakes chief.

There are some babes at Tech. I had a thing with a hot Tech transfer my Junior year. Just wrap it before you tap it amigos.

Wasn’t a shot at your comment at all.  But I’m sure you’ve seen the posts I’m referencing.

You’re original post seemed fairly objective IMO

19 hours ago, Blanton said:

Is this the Tech circle jerk thread?

Fuck off with this shit. It’s getting way too chummy in here.

Your best team of all time lost to fucking Ole Miss. 

It was their Super Bowl, it is the only time in the history of their program they felt relevant, then they shit the sheets and got punked by ou 65-21 2 weeks later. Let them enjoy their one moment

43 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tech now has a better shot to beat BlowU...

Dq8FqQ1VsAAjkJ1.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

Lol, he was 3rd maybe 4th on the depth chart and that was without Rodney Anderson. Their two best backs are Sermon and Brooks. Then Pledger is a talented Freshman. Sutton has 2 of their 22 rushing TDs, they will hardly bat an eye without him.

• Like 1

The decent Texas fans don’t even post in this thread, unless it’s a legit question or comment. 

This board is great because fans from all over are welcome. The regular Tech board tends to be myopic and constantly gruntled, so here we are. 

Not looking for shit, but if dingledorks come in hete expecting Texags or BlowU reactions...welp...not really gonna happen. 

On 10/31/2018 at 8:31 AM, slorch said:

Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lubbock and Tech on campus have both changed tremendously in the past 20 years or so.

I DO feel like it's practically on another planet versus DFW or H-town, with regard to climate, flatland/ no trees, and dusty as hell.  That being said, it's a badass college town.

Haven't been to a lot of college towns around the country eh? LBK would def be in the "average" tier. 

2 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Haven't been to a lot of college towns around the country eh? LBK would def be in the "average" tier. 

I lived it...and then have visited a few or 20 or so college towns.[/ sarcastic, as I am an avid fan of college football and have 2 boys who are college aged]

Lubbock is a great place to go to college.

Edited by slorch

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

I lived it...and then have visited a few or 20 or so college towns.[/ sarcastic, as I am an avid fan of college football and have 2 boys who are college aged]

Lubbock is a great place to go to college.

Lets be honest, it's 3 bars on Broadway. Start at Chimy's then stumble over to Crickets or Mesquites. Nobody goes to the depot that doesn't want to get stabbed. The food out there is also very average. I've always had a good time, I'm just saying there are literally tons of better places.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slorch said:

and you're wrong as fuck.

carry on...

Enough with the persecution complex. No one is saying anything bad about Lubbock. We're questioning the delusionists that think it is a "badass" college town. It doesn't even crack the top 10 in location in Texas - irrelevant schools excluded. 

UT, SMU, Rice, Texas St., TCU, UTD, Trinity, Southwestern are all in far better locations by basically any metric you want to use. 

If you want people to stay out of your thread then you need to quit pretending or you're going to get called out on it. 

• Like 2

I don't think we will beat both this year. If we do, it will be a nearly a miracle. Not to troll, but I think we have a better chance against Texas.

Lincoln Riley coached here, played under the system and Ruffin was our D coordinator. I think we'll lose by 10 or 15 against OU. If we beat UT it will be close too. Or we could lose by 10 or 15 to them. 

IF we beat both, I hope to God they don't make T-Shirts about it. But they will because we get too big for our britches. 

54 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Enough with the persecution complex. No one is saying anything bad about Lubbock. We're questioning the delusionists that think it is a "badass" college town. It doesn't even crack the top 10 in location in Texas - irrelevant schools excluded. 

UT, SMU, Rice, Texas St., TCU, UTD, Trinity, Southwestern are all in far better locations by basically any metric you want to use. 

If you want people to stay out of your thread then you need to quit pretending or you're going to get called out on it. 

1. troll somewhere else.  Sling shit somewhere else.  That is what you are doing.

2.  Nobody here sought out yours or any other motherfucker's approval of what is or is not a great college town.

3. With regard to alleged 'persecution complex' nobody here wishes they has gone to school in Austin, Norman, College Station or any of the other sordid places where your beloved autumnal mead might have been available.  Going to school in Lubbock was and is a fantastic experience, regardless of your endorsement( lol...who the fuck are you?)

Edited by slorch

LOlz at any of those fucking places being a better college experience than I had going to Tech.

Fort Worth?  How fucking boring.

Highland Park?   LOLz

Bay Area Mindset in Travis County?  No fucking way.

Rice?  That isn't a great campus environment...

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOlz at any of those fucking places being a better college experience than I had going to Tech.

Fort Worth?  How fucking boring.

Highland Park?   LOLz

Bay Area Mindset in Travis County?  No fucking way.

Rice?  That isn't a great campus environment...

You sound like a fucking aggy.