Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

59 minutes ago, ABSR said:

West Texas 7's are Iowa 9's or 10's.....but your point is still valid.

Hot isn’t relative.

If you want to argue there’s more, that’s a different argument.  But you can be the hottest chick in town and still be a 4.5, ya know.  A 7 is a 7.

15 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Texas women >>>>>>>> iowa

There are way more people in Texas, so of course there are more hot chicks.  I’m on an island and will get negged, I know, but I couldn’t roll my eyes harder at the pervasive “Texas women are hotter than ____” thing.

I’ve been to Texas many times.  For every smoke show southern belle, there’s a 5 chinned heart attack waiting to happen.  Pretty sure a bunch of America’s fattest cities are in Texas.

Lots of hot chicks, and lots that aren’t.  Seems to be the case about anywhere.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

There are way more people in Texas, so of course there are more hot chicks.  I’m on an island and will get negged, I know, but I couldn’t roll my eyes harder at the pervasive “Texas women are hotter than ____” thing.

I’ve been to Texas many times.  For every smoke show southern belle, there’s a 5 chinned heart attack waiting to happen.  Pretty sure a bunch of America’s fattest cities are in Texas.

Lots of hot chicks, and lots that aren’t.  Seems to be the case about anywhere.

While I disagree with whatever point you're making keep in mind the person you're responding to is mentally deficient in several key areas linked to being a functioning member of society. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

While I disagree with whatever point you're making keep in mind the person you're responding to is mentally deficient in several key areas linked to being a functioning member of society. 

Don’t worry, I’m just trying to become a focal point for disdain in the thread by giving what will be a universally reviled opinion.  Stop all this Texan on Texan hate and such.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Don’t worry, I’m just trying to become a focal point for disdain in the thread by giving what will be a universally reviled opinion.  Stop all this Texan on Texan hate and such.

I was with you until you said "seems to be the case about everywhere"

13 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Uniforms that Tech needs to stick with

TTU-2013-new.jpg?itok=Hg-Jo_VP

ap-201111191642601288566.jpg

GettyImages-856072622.jpg?w=980&q=75

And I also like the gray unis

new-under-armour-gray-uniforms-texas-tec

These are all good except for the greys. Always loved their all black look.

Red and black are great colors, idk why Tech feels the need to derp it up with some of those goofy ass uniforms like the ones Blanton posted.

This scheme should be our home uni for day games, as in more than once per season:

ZXLCBMQMNXSDOEH.20081011212755.jpg

This one for night games, like tonight:

920x920.jpg

Throwbacks for Homecoming.

texas-tech.jpg

Edited by slorch

21 hours ago, slorch said:

1. troll somewhere else.  Sling shit somewhere else.  That is what you are doing.

2.  Nobody here sought out yours or any other motherfucker's approval of what is or is not a great college town.

3. With regard to alleged 'persecution complex' nobody here wishes they has gone to school in Austin, Norman, College Station or any of the other sordid places where your beloved autumnal mead might have been available.  Going to school in Lubbock was and is a fantastic experience, regardless of your endorsement( lol...who the fuck are you?)

After catching up on this thread for the first time in ages, this sums up my feelings toward the UT peeps who pop in to troll on this thread. 

A guy at the office today said he was done with Tech after the loss to OU. "They had their shot to maybe compete in a Big 12 Title game, but nope they lost..."

I reminded him that he picked Tech to go 3-9 on our pick'em sheet. Now, he's quitting the program with a 5-4 record with 3 games left to be played. Finish 8-4. That's something to get excited about. It's progress, at least. 

Edited by Bash Riprock

16 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

A guy at the office today said he was done with Tech after the loss to OU. "They had their shot to maybe compete in a Big 12 Title game, but nope they lost..."

I reminded him that he picked Tech to go 3-9 on our pick'em sheet. Now, he's quitting the program with a 5-4 record with 3 games left to be played. Finish 8-4. That's something to get excited about. It's progress, at least. 

No true fan of Tech gives up like that.

I hated Quitterville worse than anything, but I still wanted our team to win.

Fuck that guy... your buddy and PBT.

9 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Two words. Kliff Kingsbury.

He has not won a home Big 12 Twelve game other than KU in 3 years now.

Yep, I think Kliff has turned a corner and has been limited by bad luck with QB injuries this year, but until he starts winning big games at home, there a lot of people who are gonna go back to their tailgate after halftime and drink rather than sitting in freezing cold stands waiting for Kliff to do something they've never seen him do.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, Dirk X West said:

Yep, I think Kliff has turned a corner and has been limited by bad luck with QB injuries this year, but until he starts winning big games at home, there a lot of people who are gonna go back to their tailgate after halftime and drink rather than sitting in freezing cold stands waiting for Kliff to do something they've never seen him do.

turned the corner right into the fucking toilet