Forward Party 2022

immamac

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Dems, or at least Democratic affiliated PACs and such, have tried to put a thumb on a scale by running ads in support of Trumpy candidates in GOP primaries. The logic being that they will be easier to defeat in the general election.

Source?

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I do fear it will take away democrat votes from those who fall for the "everything is leftist fringe" wing of the party that is a very large chunk of the party voters.

There's a ton of these people just like there are a ton of Rs who think that dotard was the only problem, so if he doesn't run again they will go back to yanking that R lever like they are starting a mower.  Of the 60% or whatever that vote, I would say 30% of them don't have any clue what's actually going on.  They claim to want "centrist" policies, but they don't even know what that means.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Teddy Roosevelt lost when he ran as a 3rd party candidate and this time next year no one will even remember the Forward party.  How exactly is Dem leadership propping up Trumpy candidates?  What have they done to help Walker win the Republican nomination in Georgia?  How are they helping Dr. Oz in Pennsylvania?  Republican voters are pushing forth these candidates, not the Dems.

Thanks for the correction on Teddy.  

As far as the Dems pushing Trumpy candidates, I was referring to this.  I should probably fact check it, as I don't have much respect for CNN commentators.  

The race, in the Grand Rapids-based seat, is expected to be close. Which is what makes the news reported by a variety of outlets on Monday -- that the House Democratic campaign arm had placed a major ad buy in advance of the state's August 2 primary -- all the more intriguing.
As Politico reported:"[Meijer's] Western Michigan district is one of the party's top offensive targets this election, and Democratic strategists believe if they can boost Meijer's pro-Trump challenger to victory next week, they will have an easier time this fall trying to flip a seat President Joe Biden carried by nine points in 2020."

The Meijer move is far from the first time this election cycle that Democrats have actively meddled in a Republican primary to help elect an election denier over someone who says that the election was fair and free.
In Maryland earlier this month, the Democratic Governors Association spent more than $1 million on ads touting Dan Cox's conservative credentials in a race against a more moderate Republican. Cox has repeatedly insisted the 2020 election was stolen and helped organize buses to attend the "Stop the Steal" rally on January 6. Cox won the primary.
In Pennsylvania, Democratic nominee Josh Shapiro spent nearlty $1 million on ads highlighting the ultra-conservtaive views of state Sen. Doug Mastriano, one of the highest-profile election deniers in the country. Mastriano won the primary and will face Shapiro in the fall.
In Illinois, Gov. J.B. Pritzker and the DGA dropped upwards of $35 million to boost the candidacy of conservative state Sen. Darren Bailey over the more moderate Richard Irvin. (Bailey was endorsed by Trump.)

I liked some of Yangs ideas but he’s a bad headliner for a 3rd party because he’s already cemented himself as a political loser.  A legit moderate 3rd party in todays political world  would have the following:

Some super rich people with high Q scores who can fund it off the ground.  Maybe somebody like Mark Cuban (maybe).

Target lower level positions in purple areas.  City council and mayoral spots in 2nd and 3rd tier cities.  State congressional spots and House elections in purple areas.  Take advantage of gerrymandering that leaves some districts vulnerable to well funded independent moderates.  The 6 year goal would be to win 5 House seats, 5 recognizable mayoral spots, and a smattering of impactful state spots.  Do that, hope your candidates are good and that the movement catches fire.  Don’t run anyone for president until you are sure you’ve got a shot to actually win.

This Forward deal ain’t that.

I wish it would help get ranked choice voting more acceptable.  Then it wouldn't matter so much how many parties.   

I attended an organizational meeting a friend of mine hosted during Covid, it wasn't well attended.  About 5 hippies was all.  

15 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I wish it would help get ranked choice voting more acceptable.  Then it wouldn't matter so much how many parties.   

I attended an organizational meeting a friend of mine hosted during Covid, it wasn't well attended.  About 5 hippies was all.  

Implementing ranked choice voting nationwide would probably be the closest thing there is to a quick fix to encourage consensus building in politics.

• Hook 'Em 1

Implementing ranked choice voting nationwide would probably be the closest thing there is to a quick fix to encourage consensus building in politics.

Ranked voting for electoral college votes would be a step backwards. That’s more because the EC is fucked up, but it is still a concern.

Hypothetical:
California goes to ranked choice to decide EC votes. It’s a slate with Biden, Trump and Bernie. Biden gets 35% Bernie gets 34%, Trump gets 31%. Biden gets the plurality but not the majority. But most Trump voters pick Bernie in their second slot. Bernie comes in 2nd and wins the EC votes. Trump, finishing 3rd in the most populous state, kills Biden’s path to the White House. Trump would have been worse off if he had finished 2nd.

It’s just a thought experiment, but certainly strategist would try to game for it.

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Shocking.

Andrew Yang once said he doesn't care about people's stance on things like insurrections or overturning elections as long as they join his "party." 

On 7/30/2022 at 9:35 PM, Tuco said:

Ranked voting for electoral college votes would be a step backwards. That’s more because the EC is fucked up, but it is still a concern.

Hypothetical:
California goes to ranked choice to decide EC votes. It’s a slate with Biden, Trump and Bernie. Biden gets 35% Bernie gets 34%, Trump gets 31%. Biden gets the plurality but not the majority. But most Trump voters pick Bernie in their second slot. Bernie comes in 2nd and wins the EC votes. Trump, finishing 3rd in the most populous state, kills Biden’s path to the White House. Trump would have been worse off if he had finished 2nd.

It’s just a thought experiment, but certainly strategist would try to game for it.

In theory, dotard wouldn't be in there because he would never make it out of the R primary with RCV.

On 7/29/2022 at 2:09 PM, Tuco said:

This is why the Democratic leadership is absolutely fucking wrong in trying to prop up Trump candidates.  Maybe short term, you win a few more toss-up elections.  But there will always be a viable opposition party who will win roughly 50% of elections.  And the Democratic leadership is making that opposition party more Trumpy, which makes our country more Trumpy.  

This times a billion.  Like they didn’t learn their lesson from Trump himself in 2016.  Fucking terrible.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
16 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

2024 Update

The No Labels Party?

They just said they’d drop out if Biden has a commanding polling lead. So yeah, they sound like they want to just try and play spoiler in a tight race 

Fucking traitors. Throw them in the same pile as Republicans 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

2024 Update

The No Labels Party?

I think these are different. From what I remember, Forward isn't running in the Presidential election.

In other news, Cornel West is running for the Green Party.