24/7 wireless monitoring

Recommend me a simple inexpensive setup. We’ve got a rotating piece of equipment that has been having some issues.  We would like to see the issue as it happens, but sometimes it runs a week and sometimes it’s only an hour, so having someone with eyes on the 3 places we want to monitor at exactly the right moment is difficult. 

we have WiFi and power available. I need 3 cameras. We don’t need night vision, automatic alerts, or be able to talk to someone with the camera. We’ll know pretty quickly that we need to review the video, so as long as we can look at data from 24 hours ago we’re good. I’m not an IT person and don’t want to become one trying to run these things. 

suggestions?

Edited by UT_OB1

Are we talking indoor or outdoor setup?  Might also lead into what type of clarity you need. Is the equipment small like toaster size or large like outdoor satellite dish size?

For indoor would something like the wired "eufy IndoorCam 2K" work ($50/each + $25 for compatible 128GB microSD)?  The 128G microSD which gets you roughly ~12 days, it will also overwrite days after that so as long as you catch your issue prior to overwrite can get to it.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:53 PM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Are we talking indoor or outdoor setup?  Might also lead into what type of clarity you need. Is the equipment small like toaster size or large like outdoor satellite dish size?

For indoor would something like the wired "eufy IndoorCam 2K" work ($50/each + $25 for compatible 128GB microSD)?  The 128G microSD which gets you roughly ~12 days, it will also overwrite days after that so as long as you catch your issue prior to overwrite can get to it.

The spots were looking at…big toaster?  Inside would be fine. They won’t be rained on. I’ll check those cameras out. Thanks!

Car dashcam. They run off USB power, so if you have power nearby, just use a USB phone charger to keep them powered. Easy to mount, suction cup or adhesive pad wherever you need to view. They'll loop record forever, if 24hr is enough time for you to discover the issue, put a 64gb card in each and pull the video for the appropriate timestamp when your incident occurs.