Aug 2 primaries and beyond

StassneyHorn

Big night for Trump vs Republicans.

AZ primaries on Tuesday  for Governor and Senate the main attraction.

Kansas scheduling the Roe v Wade vote during the primary will be fun and stupid. They also have another chance at rejecting Kris Kobach.

Michigan will try to figure out who the hell any of the Republicans on the ballot are is cool cool cool.

Missouri has 20 Republicans running for Senate. 

editing title to include primaries past this date. I hate having to look for relatable threads for specific candidates later.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

• StassneyHorn changed the title to Aug 2 primaries and beyond

Four Republican state legislators (Sen. Bryan Hughes, Sen. Paul Bettencourt, Rep. Briscoe Cain and Rep. Andrew Murr) have thrown a wrench in the lawsuit against the state’s omnibus voter suppression law, Senate Bill 1, by refusing to produce documents related to the passage of the law. The legislators are not defendants in the case, but were served with third-party subpoenas from four sets of plaintiffs (LULAC Texas, Texas AFT, Texas Alliance for Retired Americans and Voto Latino) seeking documents that the plaintiffs believe will shed light on the legislative process. The district court rejected the legislators’ arguments that a large group of documents were privileged (meaning they could not be shared with the plaintiffs because they were protected by legislative and/or attorney-client privilege) and ordered them to produce nearly 300 documents. The legislators appealed this decision to the 5th U.S. Circuit of Appeals and an oral argument on the issue is scheduled for Aug. 2. 

It’s notable that this is not the only discovery issue ongoing in Texas: In the lawsuit challenging the state’s new maps, multiple sets of Republican legislators are fighting deposition and document subpoenas because they do not want to share how they drew the new districts.

https://www.democracydocket.com/news/litigation-look-ahead-august/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Four Republican state legislators (Sen. Bryan Hughes, Sen. Paul Bettencourt, Rep. Briscoe Cain and Rep. Andrew Murr) have thrown a wrench in the lawsuit against the state’s omnibus voter suppression law, Senate Bill 1, by refusing to produce documents related to the passage of the law. The legislators are not defendants in the case, but were served with third-party subpoenas from four sets of plaintiffs (LULAC Texas, Texas AFT, Texas Alliance for Retired Americans and Voto Latino) seeking documents that the plaintiffs believe will shed light on the legislative process. The district court rejected the legislators’ arguments that a large group of documents were privileged (meaning they could not be shared with the plaintiffs because they were protected by legislative and/or attorney-client privilege) and ordered them to produce nearly 300 documents. The legislators appealed this decision to the 5th U.S. Circuit of Appeals and an oral argument on the issue is scheduled for Aug. 2. 

It’s notable that this is not the only discovery issue ongoing in Texas: In the lawsuit challenging the state’s new maps, multiple sets of Republican legislators are fighting deposition and document subpoenas because they do not want to share how they drew the new districts.

https://www.democracydocket.com/news/litigation-look-ahead-august/

So for us non-lawyers, those dipshits couldn't defend their own bill with documentation to show why it was worthy of being passed?  Or something?

• Hook 'Em 1

Kari Lake R AZ Gov candidate 

Mark Brnovich, R Senate candidate, day before primary admitting they were “dead wrong” with the audit. One dead person out of 282. One instance was a Republican woman in Scottsdale voting her mothers ballot.

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/brnovich-senate-audit-dead-wrong-it-its-claims-that-deceased-voters-cast-2020-ballots/

Trump endorsed “Eric” no last name for Missouri Senate. There are two famous Erics and one lesser known. Both known Erics have claimed endorsement. Joe Biden is the one with dementia though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Kari Lake R AZ Gov candidate 

Mark Brnovich, R Senate candidate, day before primary admitting they were “dead wrong” with the audit. One dead person out of 282. One instance was a Republican woman in Scottsdale voting her mothers ballot.

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/brnovich-senate-audit-dead-wrong-it-its-claims-that-deceased-voters-cast-2020-ballots/

Trump endorsed “Eric” no last name for Missouri Senate. There are two famous Erics and one lesser known. Both known Erics have claimed endorsement. Joe Biden is the one with dementia though.

Hahahah is this One america fake news?

• Hook 'Em 1

Kind of an interesting deal with the Kansas votes and turnout. I don't exactly know how it works there, but A LOT more people are voting on the abortion issue than in the primaries.

image.png.26600bc6d24c33451447abb09c0ad5b6.png

Grand total of 276,000 in those two races with R Gov primary being 53% of turnout versus 47% in the D Gov primary.

Then, you juxtapose that with the turnout in the abortion vote. Again, a lot of primary non-participants are voting in droves. But you also have got to think a lot of the R Gov primary voters are also voting "No" and thus pro-choice.

image.thumb.png.8b116448569288c6d5d491f8d79b305a.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Kind of an interesting deal with the Kansas votes and turnout. I don't exactly know how it works there, but A LOT more people are voting on the abortion issue than in the primaries.

Grand total of 276,000 in those two races with R Gov primary being 53% of turnout versus 47% in the D Gov primary.

Then, you juxtapose that with the turnout in the abortion vote. Again, a lot of primary non-participants are voting in droves. But you also have got to think a lot of the R Gov primary voters are also voting "No" and thus pro-choice.

Very interesting analysis. I still think it’s something that will help dems and hurt the GOP in the fall tho.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Very interesting analysis. I still think it’s something that will help dems and hurt the GOP in the fall tho.

Oh, I agree. I'm surprised participation in the Dwm governor primary is at 47% of total. That's awfully high for a red state.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Unaffiliated Kansas voters can vote in primary elections on state referendums like the abortion one, but they aren’t allowed to vote for candidates as part of a party’s primary. Hence the huge delta between abortion votes and candidate votes. 

Edited by UrbanAchiever
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Oh, I agree. I'm surprised participation in the Dwm governor primary is at 47% of total. That's awfully high for a red state.

That an incumbent D with no challenger is hanging with a GOP primary is relatively encouraging

7 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Unaffiliated Kansas voters can vote in primary elections on state referendums like the abortion one, but they aren’t allowed to vote for candidates as part of a party’s primary. Hence the huge delta between abortion votes and candidate votes. 

I’d guess a majority of those voters would vote dem in the fall.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

Good to know, but that also underscores, not just the engagement of Dem voters (high turnout relative to Reps), but also what happens when people are actually voting for an issue rather than reflexively voting for the party they're supposed to in a red state.

Take for example, the gubernatorial primary the past May in Texas when 1,954,172 votes were cast in the Republican primary and only were 1,075,601 cast in the Democratic one. Like Texas, Kansas is also a red state, but Trump won it by only 52% to Biden's 46% here. In Kansas, Trump won it by 56% to 42%.

What I'm taking away here is that Dem voters and unaffiliated voters seem now to be really fired up.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Good to know, but that also underscores, not just the engagement of Dem voters (high turnout relative to Reps), but also what happens when people are actually voting for an issue rather than reflexively voting for the party they're supposed to in a red state.

Take for example, the gubernatorial primary the past May in Texas when 1,954,172 votes were cast in the Republican primary and only were 1,075,601 cast in the Democratic one. Like Texas, Kansas is also a red state, but Trump won it by only 52% to Biden's 46% here. In Kansas, Trump won it by 56% to 42%.

What I'm taking away here is that Dem voters and unaffiliated voters seem now to be really fired up.

Texas being a March primary is one of those things that needs to change immediately if Dems have the ability.

For those who missed. The Eric in Missouri that Trump wanted to win lost badly, the disgraced former governor (Greitens) that blackmailed  the married woman he was cheating on his wife with. The Eric he knew would conveniently win w/o saying his name will be Senate choice.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile…….

Foxnews totally ignoring this, headline is about Nancy Pelosi's husband!!!

In other news, they criticized pelosi for not standing up to china and going to taiwan, now they are criticizing her going there and predict a war.

what a joke of a network. I feel bad for anyone who watches fox or one America news. They are so brainwashed and out of touch with the mainstream.

The SANE candidate for GOV in Arizona is beating Kari lake by 10%. I’ll look it up, but I’m pretty sure she said she would claim fraud if she loses.

Unfortunately Blake Masters, who beats up old men at campaign stops, is winning the Senate race so far

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The SANE candidate for GOV in Arizona is beating Kari lake by 10%. I’ll look it up, but I’m pretty sure she said she would claim fraud if she loses.

Unfortunately Blake Masters, who beats up old men at campaign stops, is winning the Senate race so far

Masters is a creep and can’t beat Kelly in the general so maybe it’s a good thing.

• Hook 'Em 4

She’s been claiming fraud for the past couple of weeks leading up to election.  Of course, she’s hasn’t given any proof, or turned anything over to election authorities so they could actually put a stop to it.

In other Arizona news, a Republican candidate had a ceast and desist letter served on her today because she was encouraging her supporters to steal the special pens used to vote with.  

6 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Masters is a creep and can’t beat Kelly in the general so maybe it’s a good thing.

Thiel is going to steal that one and the Ohio seat. He’s not going to waste billions and leave it up to the voters.