Aug 2 primaries and beyond

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Then, you juxtapose that with the turnout in the abortion vote. Again, a lot of primary non-participants are voting in droves. But you also have got to think a lot of the R Gov primary voters are also voting "No" and thus pro-choice.

55 minutes ago, sidis said:

Wow, Kansas. I’m not surprised the vote went the way it did but that margin has to have at least a few Jesus freak pandering republicans re-evaluating a few things for November. 

Plenty of Republican men (and women) have needed the services of an abortion provider at some point, or think they or a family member will need such services.

43 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott / Patrick / Paxton will make sure it NEVER sees a ballot in Texas 

You Are Right Taika Waititi GIF by IMDb

1 hour ago, Chris Dishman's Donut said:

*raises hand_voted only on the abortion issue*

there were three ballots depending on registered affiliation.  unaff voters had a single question to answer, no people to vote for.

We’re at giligins if you wanna partee

EDIT:Wrong state

Edited by StassneyHorn

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

GOP needs to decide quick if they want Trump to run. He can vacuum all their money easily. Can’t get the 1 on 1 wins though.

Let him take their money but not give it back after he’s convicted. 

Way too many crazy R's took their primaries for my taste. Would have like to seen a strong rebuke of them in favor of sanity. Because I'm not so confident that Dems win in some of these just because the Republican is crazy.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why was the KS abortion referendum on a primary election date?

I assume the more established GOP leaders wanted it to push back the crazy GOP primary candidates but also not give help to the Dem candidates during the general election.

GoP was hoping for a lower voter turnout 

Not good long term for democracy that loons like Gibbs beat normal people like Meijer.

Yeah, I’d rather these people must get eliminated. Even if Dems go over .500 against them, it only takes one or two in really key offices to effectively end this country. Who trusts D’s to bat 1.000?

This could also mobilize the "pro life" groups for the fall to protect their wins. That said, last night was a massive wake up call. 

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Dems are gonna fuck us all by throwing weight behind the maga in primary. It’s just so dem. 

They already have. If you are a D voter you'd better hope this doesn't backfire.

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This could also mobilize the "pro life" groups for the fall to protect their wins. That said, last night was a massive wake up call. 

They already have. If you are a D voter you'd better hope this doesn't backfire.

Nothing would be funnier than the unelected, Chrisofascists on SCOTUS in their 3 stolen seats absolutely fuck the GOP in midterms.  Reap what you sow, cunts.

Also, it's a risk, and could backfire.  But you want a contrast between candidates? #MAGA vs. Democrat is a better contrast than some wannabe fake centrist Republican. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nothing would be funnier than the unelected, Chrisofascists on SCOTUS in their 3 stolen seats absolutely fuck the GOP in midterms.  Reap what you sow, cunts.

Also, it's a risk, and could backfire.  But you want a contrast between candidates? #MAGA vs. Democrat is a better contrast than some wannabe fake centrist Republican. 

They need to keep their foot on the gas. Jan 6 Committee has to continue into November, and they need to strategically time some bombshell oppo research. Wouldn't hurt if Biden passed the full BBB either.

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

The crazies beat the normies in Arizona. Lake for now but could change. She loved Obama and donated to him. Masters for Senate who literally punched an old guy while on the campaign trail, and Mark Finchem who wanted to decertify election.

Arizona gonna race Texas to the bottom, eh?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why was the KS abortion referendum on a primary election date?

I assume the more established GOP leaders wanted it to push back the crazy GOP primary candidates but also not give help to the Dem candidates during the general election.

The date was set about a year ago by the Kansas GOP ( pre roe obviously). They deliberately looked at the state of play and saw that the dems had incumbents in the only 2 significant races in the state this fall and snuck the amendment in to kill abortion in Kansas while nobody was looking or paying attention.

It backfired in a huge huge way. The Kansas GOP turnout was pretty dang high and they still got stomped. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Republicans touched the third rail.  They're finding out after fucking around.

No doubt about it now. This is like the Kavanaugh effect in 2018, but in reverse. I think it’s going to help the dems keep the senate and win some races that they otherwise would not have.

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

The date was set about a year ago by the Kansas GOP ( pre roe obviously). They deliberately looked at the state of play and saw that the dems had incumbents in the only 2 significant races in the state this fall and snuck the amendment in to kill abortion in Kansas while nobody was looking or paying attention.

It backfired in a huge huge way. The Kansas GOP turnout was pretty dang high and they still got stomped. 

that and a lot of Kansas GOP voters also voted against it. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I texted my KS sister and she was in a good mood.  Her take was that the RvW thing shocked people who were “just along for the ride”.  Now they are making real decisions.  I thought that was a good way to put it. 

The hypothetical "inept librul boogiemen are gonna take your gunz if they ever get their shit together!" doesn't really hold up against the government literally asserting its control over the bodies of half the population.

Tyranny, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The hypothetical "inept librul boogiemen are gonna take your gunz if they ever get their shit together!" doesn't really hold up against the government literally asserting its control over the bodies of half the population.

Tyranny, indeed.

It’s refreshing that for at least one night, a large segment of the population, in a ruby red state wasn’t thinking about “owning the libs” like they do 99% of the time in their daily lives and common decency actually prevailed.

20 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Tyranny, indeed.

Gaslight

Obstruct

PROJECT

• Hook 'Em 2