James Gang reunion

Gil Bang

For further clarity:

Cameron Teague Robinson, The Columbus Dispatch
Mon, August 1, 2022 at 10:24 AM·1 min read

Joe Walsh and the James Gang will perform in Columbus on Nov. 13.

Joe Walsh and the James Gang will perform in Columbus on Nov. 13.

The James Gang is set to reunite for "One Last Ride" in Columbus on Nov. 13.

The band, with reunited members Joe Walsh, Jimmy Fox and Dale Peters, will offer their final performance, with special guest Dave Grohl, at Nationwide Arena. The Black Keys — from Akron — Nine Inch Nails — from Cleveland — and the Breeders — from Dayton — will also be performing at the concert.

And man, I love that Doozer in the photo. 

. . . and while it's not The James Gang, it's Joe, and it's recent, and you get a real good look & feel for his style.  Joe's Strat is RIGHTEOUS.  Great band, too.  I'm producing a song now that features Brian Dunne (the drummer in the video) on drums.  That dude can PLAY.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and while it's not The James Gang, it's Joe, and it's recent, and you get a real good look & feel for his style.  Joe's Strat is RIGHTEOUS.  Great band, too.  I'm producing a song now that features Brian Dunne (the drummer in the video) on drums.  That dude can PLAY.

This is some good shit right here.

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Joe is so special.  You know it's him from the first lick.  There may be better guitar players out there, but there's nobody that I can think of that sounds like him. 

Totally agree on Joe.  He has written some of the most icon opening riffs.   And I LOVE that drummer.  Always enjoy watching and listening to him play.  @jimmyjazz Where is he from?  

12 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Totally agree on Joe.  He has written some of the most icon opening riffs.   And I LOVE that drummer.  Always enjoy watching and listening to him play.  @jimmyjazz Where is he from?  

Long Island native, got his professional start in the NYC area.  I assume he still lives there.  I've only communicated via email -- we literally sent him some scratch tracks of guitar, bass & vocals recorded to a click track and back came an awesome drum performance.  $300.  LOL.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

This one of my all time favorite James Gang videos.  It's a whole period vibe. 

https://youtu.be/zo0vBdlWQs0

You Tube doesn't allow embedding of it apparently.  Well, if you're here, you probably want to check it out.

Joe was 24 in this video.  When I think of early 70s rock, this is a perfect example.  

• 2 weeks later...