Top Chef - London

TonyTexas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Season 20 details including trailer, cast, judges. Has potential to be a very good season. 
https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/top-chef-season-20-cast-premiere-date-trailer

i am interested to see Buddha on a strong season and see if Dawn can get her shit together. Amar and Sara are whatever. Looking forward to having a bunch of people that have done it before and 10/16 are winners.

... These highly decorated chefs will put their spin on iconic British staples from Beef Wellington and biscuits to pub food and afternoon tea. ...

Uhh... When I think of exciting cuisine, British food isn't anywhere near the top.  I'll still watch, but my expectations for amazing food will be low.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

i am interested to see Buddha on a strong season and see if Dawn can get her shit together. Amar and Sara are whatever. Looking forward to having a bunch of people that have done it before and 10/16 are winners.

Amar and Sara are both stronger than Dawn.  It's weird Buddha would even be allowed back the next season after he won.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Amar and Sara are both stronger than Dawn.  It's weird Buddha would even be allowed back the next season after he won.

I think most, if not all, of last year’s winners in the worldwide Top Chef universe were at least invited. They might have limited the invitation to high finishers that could speak English. 

Amar, Sara and Dawn (all finalists) were brought in to bump up the numbers. I think Sara will struggle the most out of those 3 because she is so regional in her cuisine. That will be a big disadvantage in an internationally themed season. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

I'm ready for Dawn to go home after one episode. I like her a lot, but I get so tired of her running out of time and fucking up EVERY SINGLE ELIMINATION CHALLENGE. 

Gabri is a hot mess and I'm here for it. I hope he sticks around for a while.  Dumping a pot of water into somebody else's saute pan is Michelin star level shenanigans. 

This season is going to be crazy. There were over a dozen incredible-looking dishes, I couldn't keep up with all of them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Great 1st episode. The talent level might exceed the season 17 all star cast. And it appears to be asshole free. I was initially skeptical about London as a location because of the deservedly bad rap on English cuisine but it appears that they are going lean heavily on the diverse culture that is prevalent there. 

16 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I'm ready for Dawn to go home after one episode. I like her a lot, but I get so tired of her running out of time and fucking up EVERY SINGLE ELIMINATION CHALLENGE. 

Gabri is a hot mess and I'm here for it. I hope he sticks around for a while.  Dumping a pot of water into somebody else's saute pan is Michelin star level shenanigans. 

This season is going to be crazy. There were over a dozen incredible-looking dishes, I couldn't keep up with all of them. 

16 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Co-signed. 

Not so much. 

Thirded.  She doesn't play by the rules...EVER.  Can't wait for the first (and definitely not only) time she doesn't finish her dish.  Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I wish they had gone with all champions in this. It makes a different dynamic than with champions mixed with losers.

Dawn has never shown anything but being an annoying fuck that can’t manage her time. She’ll be gone early.

Dawn probably has made some of the best dishes in TC history considering er timing problems. I don’t like watching her as her anxiety causes mine but she clearly is a hell of a chef. 

If you don't think Gail would be the better fuck, then I don't know what to tell you.

The threesomes I’ve had with them I’ve got to give the slight edge to Gail. As you would expect both have intense oral fixations. Padma is always whining for a mfm which I’m not down with.
  • Drool 1

Dawn is a hot mess and really out of her league compared with that Michelin chef. She had a vegetable challenge, didn’t know what to do when shopping and ended up making a patty. At least the guy who forgot to clean the shrimp was putting in a huge effort to actually cook to the challenge 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Dawn is a hot mess and really out of her league compared with that Michelin chef. She had a vegetable challenge, didn’t know what to do when shopping and ended up making a patty. At least the guy who forgot to clean the shrimp was putting in a huge effort to actually cook to the challenge 

This. She constantly has no vision, tries to throw it together in the last minute, and fails. I’m not saying she isn’t a good chef, because she clearly is, but she is not a good Top Chef. The reason this competition is hard is because you are bound by rules and time.  She somehow keeps getting by without doing either of those things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Happy Dawn got the boot so y'all can't whine about her every week.
Really like most of the chefs this go around. Can't see Sylwia staying long. Could have done w/o seeing Sara pumping.

Dawn is as clueless as anyone ever on the show. She defended her horrible dish to the last though she had no clue what she was cooking or even what to call it. Hopefully the infatuation Collichio has with her is over.

Sara pumping to freeze and send home is not something I really needed to see. Just ween your kid. 4 months is plenty.