2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Day 1 we open with a white walk-on starting at Nickel. Outstanding. Light the cigarettes now, gents. We've already been fucked.

And our most talented defensive player, that the Herman regime could even recognize the talent in, running. 3rd team. 
sweet. 

15 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Is the problem with Collins a bad behavior issue? I had gotten the impression that he was one of our nice kids from a good family that didn’t have the dog in him necessary to play d-line. 

Could just be work ethic. Doesn’t mean bad kid. Probably should have used attitude, instead of behavior 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I think we should definitely take today’s depth chart as a direct indication of the final depth chart. I, for one fully expect Max Merrill to stay ahead of Banks and Campbell. 

Without a doubt, but Sweat and Collins on the 3rd team is a message from the coaches. Banks and Campbell on 3rd team is the normal coaching nonsense. New players need to earn their position, so you are 3rd string for 48 hours. It’s early so I am not going to cry in my beer,  but it isn’t the news I wanted to see. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Could just be work ethic. Doesn’t mean bad kid. Probably should have used attitude, instead of behavior 

Thx... Yeah my bad.  Work ethic/attitude are probably better words in this case.

Just frustrating to see potential NFL talent possibly not having the drive to be great.

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Without a doubt, but Sweat and Collins on the 3rd team is a message from the coaches. Banks and Campbell on 3rd team is the normal coaching nonsense. New players need to earn their position, so you are 3rd string for 48 hours. It’s early so I am not going to cry in my beer,  but it isn’t the news I wanted to see. 

You do sarcasm? Banks and Campbell have never been on that field before and you expect them to be ahead of guys who have been on it for years? Fuck that. You have to earn rising the depth chart the same way you drop down it, by earning it.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You do sarcasm? Banks and Campbell have never been on that field before and you expect them to be ahead of guys who have been on it for years? Fuck that. You have to earn rising the depth chart the same way you drop down it, by earning it.

I sad it was the normal coaching behavior. That said I don’t think the coaches need  lot of time to figure out those guys are better than Merrill. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

He called it "normal coaching nonsense", it isn't nonsense. So that isn't what he is saying. Maybe it wasn't what he meant.

You're talking about the same process you just think he's defining it too harshly. When it comes to reflecting who the actual best players on the team are it is nonsense. I believe that's all he was saying. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I sad it was the normal coaching behavior. That said I don’t think the coaches need  lot of time to figure out those guys are better than Merrill. 

Your word was nonsense, not behavior, drastic difference. You are right the coaches won't need a lot of time to figure it out but you don't put a true freshman whom has never been there ahead of a veteran. You make them earn it while not disrespecting the veteran. This isn't rocket science. You force people to move up the depth chart. No one is entitled to a position they haven't earned on the first day of practice.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Your word was nonsense, not behavior, drastic difference. You are right the coaches won't need a lot of time to figure it out but you don't put a true freshman whom has never been there ahead of a veteran. You make them earn it while not disrespecting the veteran. This isn't rocket science. You force people to move up the depth chart. No one is entitled to a position they haven't earned on the first day of practice.

This is just flat wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're talking about the same process you just think he's defining it too harshly. When it comes to reflecting who the actual best players on the team are it is nonsense. I believe that's all he was saying. 

I will end it by saying I believe the coaches chose the right path. You won't see changes until the pads come on for a day or two as it should be.

Just now, Longhornlove said:

I will end it by saying I believe the coaches chose the right path. You won't see changes until the pads come on for a day or two as it should be.

Totally agree I was just trying to help you get what he was saying. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I understand the reasons coaches do it, but we all know it is just for appearances  (in some cases). When I say “we”, I mean coaches and players also. They aren’t stupid 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I understand the reasons coaches do it, but we all know it is just for appearances  (in some cases). When I say “we”, I mean coaches and players also. They aren’t stupid 

It's almost a right of passage. Everyone has to go through the same process, no one gets to cut in line, people view it as cheating or favoritism. Showing favoritism to a kid right out of high school on the first day is a bad look and could disrupt some things. After a few practices the team sees and won't blink about changes. That's the way I see it anyway. That is the way it has been in sports and career my entire life.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

It's almost a right of passage. Everyone has to go through the same process, no one gets to cut in line, people view it as cheating or favoritism. Showing favoritism to a kid right out of high school on the first day is a bad look and could disrupt some things. After a few practices the team sees and won't blink about changes. That's the way I see it anyway. That is the way it has been in sports and career my entire life.

It has it uses, but sometimes it just a waste of time. It’s funny when you put a kid that earned the right to be the last man off the bench in front of a kid that has the talent to compete for a starting spot. I say that, because everyone knows the deal. It isn’t done like that in all sports. It definitely doesn’t work like that in business. You don’t hire a rock star kid and tell him to be janitor on day one. You don’t bring up the #1 Prospect in baseball and say he is the last man off the bench. I believe in giving the veteran the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it is just silly. I just think it should be given more thought and be based on the situation. That said it isn’t a big deal. The situation will be rectified in short order

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It has it uses, but sometimes it just a waste of time. It’s funny when you put a kid that earned the right to be the last man off the bench in front of a kid that has the talent to compete for a starting spot. I say that, because everyone knows the deal. It isn’t done like that in all sports. It definitely doesn’t work like that in business. You don’t hire a rock star kid and tell him to be janitor on day one. You don’t bring up the #1 Prospect in baseball and say he is the last man off the bench. I believe in giving the veteran the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it is just silly. I just think it should be given more thought and be based on the situation. That said it isn’t a big deal. The situation will be rectified in short order

It isn't a waste of time if you are sending a message to a team and potential recruits. And your analogies are terrible and don't make sense. Thanks for trying.

Jesus guys. Let's all just calm down and endure another painstaking season of shitty Texas football together. I know that no one here knows how we're going to arrive at that, but just trust the process. The pieces are coming together, the coaches are putting their work in, and by November, @immamac will be grappling with the proposition of deleting the site and offing himself. 

Hook 'em 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Jesus guys. Let's all just calm down and endure another painstaking season of shitty Texas football together. I know that no one here knows how we're going to arrive at that, but just trust the process. The pieces are coming together, the coaches are putting their work in, and by November, @immamac will be grappling with the proposition of deleting the site and offing himself. 

Hook 'em 

I just think it's funny that anyone thinks this team will win more than 7 games this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I just think it's funny that anyone thinks this team will win more than 7 games this season. 

No prediction about the success or failure of this team, as a fan, is funny.  Predictions of 7 or less is discouraging and predictions of 9 or 10 wins seems like a pipe dream.  I'll go with Vegas and say 8.  Don't laugh at me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Collins …. Recall the under armor or all american game or some such coming out of high school.  He was repeatedly punk’d by some tackle headed to tosu.   I remember thinking ‘this kid is a five star?’ He was pushed to the ground over and over - don’t remember him winning a single snap.   It’s put up or get in the mfer for Collins this fall.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I admit I have downed the kool aid for years, but I think the talent on offense alone is worth 7 wins, if the defense improves, I see 8-9.🤞

Weekly high-scoring shootouts with the prospect of Big 12 officials fucking us with phantom calls to swing game outcomes late? That'll make us even surlier. 

Count me in. 👊

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I admit I have downed the kool aid for years, but I think the talent on offense alone is worth 7 wins, if the defense improves, I see 8-9.🤞

Holy Shit!  Can the defense repeat last years performance or get worse?  I honestly don't think it can.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

but school buses are embarrassing and beneath Texas.

Whoever made this point take solace in knowing that you posted one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen on this website. Not that I'd call anyone out directly for it. 

• Haha 1

Foster, Schooler, and Brockermeyer are gone (or hurt). That’s probably worth a seven point swing a game

Did you know that two of those three played their fewest snaps in the Kansas game? That means that others played a higher percentage of plays in that game yet………………..guess that means we would have given up 64. And the 3rd you mentioned led the team in tackles and TFLs that game.

I’m not sure who’s more hard headed you dumbshits continually singling out individual dudes or me for responding. Probably me.

The defense’s shortcoming were a collective effort.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Seriously, the school bus shit is embarrassing. 

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Whoever made this point take solace in knowing that you posted one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen on this website. Not that I'd call anyone out directly for it. 

It was this guy!! 

i have no problem calling people out directly 

• Haha 2

Welp I'm pretty sure the entire season is fucked based on the assumed depth chart from the first practice where they're not even in pads and in which the head coach himself says that the depth chart is irrelevant and that everybody is getting the same reps and they're just working on installation. But otherwise, carry on. 

Holy shit the vaginismis is really strong in here today. Get ahold of yourselves. Jesus. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Welp I'm pretty sure the entire season is fucked based on the assumed depth chart from the first practice where they're not even in pads and in which the head coach himself says that the depth chart is irrelevant and that everybody is getting the same reps and they're just working on installation. But otherwise, carry on. 

Holy shit the vaginismis is really strong in here today. Get ahold of yourselves. Jesus. 

Just today??