2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Gimme 10 participations. 
btw- I wasn’t arguing he would be ok- just that it’s nice to finally hear he’s doing everything he should have been doing for years. 

btw- I will give you $500 on 7 or less if you give me $1000 for 10 or more… bet?  Edit to clarify- I mean team wins here not Whittington  participations. 

I know it is early, but how much have you been drinking today? I am not sure I even understand what you're saying in this post. Give clarity, please.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I know it is early, but how much have you been drinking today? I am not sure I even understand what you're saying in this post. Give clarity, please.

If he plays in 7 or fewer games, you get 500. If he plays in 10 or more, he gets 1000.  8 or 9 is a push. Appears to be no terms on finishing games healthy. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he plays in 7 or fewer games, you get 500. If he plays in 10 or more, he gets 1000.  8 or 9 is a push. Appears to be no terms on finishing games healthy. 

Yeah, I don't think that's what he's saying. I *think* he was attempting two things, but would like clarity. 1) 10 games played for Whittington. 2) $500 for 7 or less team wins and $1000 to him for 10 or more team wins, derived from my post about wins on another thread. 

If it helps, I'll bet money on the under of Whittington playing 10 games. Happily. In regard to betting money on or against the team, I don't do that, since I have easy outlets for cleaner bets on win totals that do not require any further thinking or dealing with you fucking people.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes- you are predicting 7 wins. If we win 7 or less games I will pay you $500. 
I think we will be much better. If we win 10 or mor- I get $1000 from you. So- you are basically paying me 2/1 odds on us having a very good season, and I’m paying you even money if we have a slightly above average (7 win Steve) season. Since 10 or over is the tougher hill than 7 or under. 
If it’s 8 or 9 then no bet paid out. 
you’ve already got CTH’s money covering this bet for you. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I don't think that's what he's saying. I *think* he was attempting two things, but would like clarity. 1) 10 games played for Whittington. 2) $500 for 7 or less team wins and $1000 to him for 10 or more team wins, derived from my post about wins on another thread. 

If it helps, I'll bet money on the under of Whittington playing 10 games. Happily. In regard to betting money on or against the team, I don't do that, since I have easy outlets for cleaner bets on win totals that do not require any further thinking or dealing with you fucking people.

But then he said team wins, not Whittington games played.

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes- you are predicting 7 wins. If we win 7 or less games I will pay you $500. 
I think we will be much better. If we win 10 or mor- I get $1000 from you. So- you are basically paying me 2/1 odds on us having a very good season, and I’m paying you even money if we have a slightly above average (7 win Steve) season. Since 10 or over is the tougher hill than 7 or under. 

See my post above yours.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s what I’m saying and ok- fair. I wasn’t setting up a sucker bet- and honestly I think mathematically it’s fair. I’d actually probably have to give you 8 or less to square it up- make it a better deal than you’d get in Vegas. Which I’d do. 

$100 to me on Whitt 10 or up participations. 100 to you if it’s 8 or less. Deal? 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s what I’m saying and ok- fair. I wasn’t setting up a sucker bet- and honestly I think mathematically it’s fair. I’d actually probably have to give you 8 or less to square it up- make it a better deal than you’d get in Vegas. Which I’d do. 

$100 to me on Whitt 10 or up participations. 100 to you if it’s 8 or less. Deal? 

The Whittington proposal is bizarre, but fuck it, I'll take your money. Bet on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

Man I can't wait till the season starts so we can all have a huge meltdown over the first play from scrimmage being an incompletion! 

If we can't complete a simple double reverse 70 yard bomb, then I think we can all go home early. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I never bet money on a team I care about to underachieve. Especially if it's money I care about losing, it just makes the season miserable. 

I've bet against Texas numerous times when it was obvious they were being overrated. Not for a season, but when in Vegas and watching games on a Saturday? Of course. If they get their shit together and win, I'm happy. If they lose, they've confirmed my suspicions. It was very, very easy to know how things were going to turn out during the Strong and Herman years. 

• Rage+1 3

40 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Take out Tech (keep in mind that game was essentially over), who beat our corners deep? OU had an incredible catch on pretty solid coverage. Arkansas had a deep ball but that may have been a safety issue. We gave up a limited number of deep balls. We called the game scared versus what happened. I think we’d have been better served daring teams to go deep versus giving the sticks.

With respect to Cook, he was good at times, but his shortcomings get over looked with respect to individual plays. We all know he’s not agile enough to be a top flight corner but maybe safety is his fit. He did get 1 more pick in the spring game than he had all last year. In my opinion, it’s a stretch to call him a ball hawk at any time.

I’m there with you on the prospects of Barron and Crawford. At the same time DBs need time to grow. Ours may not get that though. Thompson does show up near the play quite often, but he needs to finish it. If he can do that, he’d be solid in the run game.

Lmao wut. Teams didn’t have to go deep on us because they could run at will, but when they did they had a ton of success. At one point in the season, opposing O’s were something like 17/25 in completing deep balls against us. PK definitely played safeties deep and had guys over the top, but teams still completed deep balls on us because our DBs were horrible at playing the ball in the air. 

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I never bet money on a team I care about to underachieve. Especially if it's money I care about losing, it just makes the season miserable. 

Huh? That’s such a weird way too lol at it. It’s an emotional hedge. If your team sucks, at least you make money. If they’re good, you won’t care about the money you lost. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I mean, never bet money you care about losing on anything.

That said, being on underachieving/losing is the only way to bet on your team. You’re either getting a profit to take the edge off of losing, or basically buying wins through karma.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lmao wut. Teams didn’t have to go deep on us because they could run at will, but when they did they had a ton of success. At one point in the season, opposing O’s were something like 17/25 in completing deep balls against us. PK definitely played safeties deep and had guys over the top, but teams still completed deep balls on us because our DBs were horrible at playing the ball in the air. 

Huh? That’s such a weird way too lol at it. It’s an emotional hedge. If your team sucks, at least you make money. If they’re good, you won’t care about the money you lost. 

Have to agree. I would add Tech was one of the few games that PK brought the CBs up and was aggressive in that 2nd half in coverage. Didn’t see much of that afterwards for obvious reasons. If PK trusted the secondary, he wouldn’t have played them at depth most of the time. This has been my biggest point on the defense. If you have a front that can win vs the run with honest numbers, you can help your secondary. If you have a lock down secondary, you can bring down an extra player in the box to help vs the run. When you have neither, you get the 2021 defense 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

First play from scrimmage has both QE and HC next to each other with RoJo and BIjan behind them.  Then Chinese fire drill of motion, HC gets the snap but laterals to QE who hits Worthy deep for a TD!  
HC and QE both gets the start and Surly goes into complete meltdown!

that is my prediction!

and we win!🤘🤘🤘

• Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

First play from scrimmage has both QE and HC next to each other with RoJo and BIjan behind them.  Then Chinese fire drill of motion, HC gets the snap but laterals to QE who hits Worthy deep for a TD!  
HC and QE both gets the start and Surly goes into complete meltdown!

that is my prediction!

and we win!🤘🤘🤘

Incredible. Now do the defense. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You see Ian Boyd’s edge recruiting stuff? Kind of funny he mentioned Michigan last year considering people who follow Michigan said they ran a 4-2-5 that showed various fronts while Ian said their 2-4-5 was the best he saw 

They're functionally the same thing

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nope said:

Campbell getting reps at backup center is intriguing 

He's probably the most natural center between the seven freshmen, so it makes sense to work him there (along with others) in an effort to potentially get your best five on the field down in the distant future. Of course, he'll see the field earlier at guard 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Cool. So every single other walk of life we don’t do this kind of nonsense but football is so unique and different to every other culture that it is the only way we can possibly do it, as it came down on high from a glorified PE teacher 90 years ago so it must be holy writ. 

Yes, in every single other walk of life the big account is handed to greenhorn on the first day on the job. High School kids have zero experience in College. Zero experience means you start on the bottom. In every single other walk of life known to me. Now, if you show me that you're a fucking genius at the job in the first week, you'll quickly move up the ranks. Like it is in every single other walk of life. Your mentality is more akin to everyone gets a trophy where an accolade (yes, being on the 2 deep is an accolade for a true freshman) is given without being earned. I know you don't believe in that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Man I can't wait till the season starts so we can all have a huge meltdown over the first play from scrimmage being an incompletion! 

Jesus immamac.....looks to me like we are already having a meltdown and we havn't even had a scrimmage yet, much less a play....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Yes, in every single other walk of life the big account is handed to greenhorn on the first day on the job. High School kids have zero experience in College. Zero experience means you start on the bottom. In every single other walk of life known to me. Now, if you show me that you're a fucking genius at the job in the first week, you'll quickly move up the ranks. Like it is in every single other walk of life. Your mentality is more akin to everyone gets a trophy where an accolade (yes, being on the 2 deep is an accolade for a true freshman) is given without being earned. I know you don't believe in that.

No, if you show that you're a genius your boss will block you to keep you in position making him or her look good and will until you threaten to leave at which point the leverage you've gained as being a genius will make them concede.  

Or you can just marry the company owner's daughter or otherwise find a way to be buddies with the owners/execs and you'll be fast tracked without ever having to be worth a shit

35 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Yep. Gotta hand all of the big cases to the new 5 star harvard grad because we know he’ll do well at this level. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’m not saying Merrill and wolf won’t eventually be beaten out, but let’s wait a week maybe?   Or do we just go off of high school film?

We should use the players' composite ranking. For instance, VY should have been named the starter for the next season as soon as he signed his NLI because he had a perfect composite score.

• Haha 1