2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

30 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

This upcoming season is starting to feel very 7-5ish

Quinn can’t get separation from Card and fucking Coburn is our best pass rusher? Fuck me with a spoon

Well the DL is a tire fire, but if you can't see through standard "oh yeah it's totally a tight QB competition" smokescreens that's on you.

- The group that was working as the third offensive line through the first two practices open to the media is now basically the second offensive line, with a couple of changes, and with certain players seeming to move interchangeably between the second and third groups.

Nobody tell Wulaw

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Quinn can’t get separation from Card and fucking Coburn is our best pass rusher? Fuck me with a spoon

It’s not even about camp reports for me.  It’s about more than a decade of mediocrity at best, and every preseason with the same unfounded optimism.  If ‘The Who’ wrote the story it would be entitled “I won’t get fooled again, again, again……..again, again, again….. again………again”. Show me on the field in October/November.  Til’ then you’re the program that lost to Kansas at home after the abysmal KU football program had lost 56 straight road games in conference.  Earn it

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well the DL is a tire fire, but if you can't see through standard "oh yeah it's totally a tight QB competition" smokescreens that's on you.

Nobody tell Wulaw

I was told we shouldn’t count out Merrill vs Banks just because of high school rankings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, someguy said:

just for perspective (and I am being intentionally vague here), one of the OB practice reports from an earlier practice hyped up the performance of a player who barely practiced that day.  I know everyone knows this, but to restate the obvious - there is a ton of hearsay, agenda pushing, and straight up conjecture dressed up in factual sounding language in these reports.  They are fun to read and definitely scratch an itch, but not worth getting worked up over.

You lost me at OB

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, someguy said:

just for perspective (and I am being intentionally vague here), one of the OB practice reports from an earlier practice hyped up the performance of a player who barely practiced that day.  I know everyone knows this, but to restate the obvious - there is a ton of hearsay, agenda pushing, and straight up conjecture dressed up in factual sounding language in these reports.  They are fun to read and definitely scratch an itch, but not worth getting worked up over.

What?  I'm supposed to believe someguy from the internet?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Heh...sounds like Collins is still a child. Where are the dline BAMFs like Crowder, Orakpo, Robison. They seem to not exist in this program anymore. 

This.. Texas wins 9 games if someone on the DL is capable of  flashing more than 3-4 times a game without the need of an oxygen mask. 

56 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

If you believe practice reports and FCB, then I bet you go broke every time you hit the strip club because you really believe, for those few Def Leppard songs, that Cinnamon thinks your acne and man tits are sooo cute.

Wholly crap, I'm rolling. 

1 hour ago, Hornbeliever said:

If you believe practice reports and FCB, then I bet you go broke every time you hit the strip club because you really believe, for those few Def Leppard songs, that Cinnamon thinks your acne and man tits are sooo cute.

its-still.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I guess, I am clearly lost. I have no idea how that is obvious besides it being so obscure it could be about any football team on the planet. Maybe that is the joke. Not all that funny if it is. Doesn't fit my sense of humor I guess.

You poor thing

2 hours ago, someguy said:

We're in that time of year where everyone wants to know if the team will be a lot better but there's no way to know anything at all for at least another month. So everyone has football blue balls and these charlatan fucks putting out football fake news are capitalizing on it.

So I say if people want to get worked up over trash "news" then let them. Some people need to believe in something to get through the day.

Either way it won't make a shit come September. 

Edited by Hermanator

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nobody tell Wulaw

Oh I absolutely knew that would happen. I just think the charade is stupid. I’m not interested in ever imagining a world, even for a week, where Max Merrill is penciled in on the depth chart in front of 5 star studs, or where Neyor spends the first week of spring camp behind walk on WR. I understand what’s going on in their football tradition, I just think it’s pointless and stupid to do it this way. 

Oh I absolutely knew that would happen. I just think the charade is stupid. I’m not interested in ever imagining a world, even for a week, where Max Merrill is penciled in on the depth chart in front of 5 star studs, or where Neyor spends the first week of spring camp behind walk on WR. I understand what’s going on in their football tradition, I just think it’s pointless and stupid to do it this way. 

Long way to go before Neyor is better than Jordy Nelson. Hell he’s got a ways to go to catch Jeremy Jones in Austin.

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

People apprentice, and have to show capability in all walks of  professional life.  Not every lawyer that just finishes law school, goes straight to appellate court. Not every doctor immediately performs open heart surgery.  Not plumber that gets his license tackles a commercial high rise.  Mortgage brokers, on the other hand, seem to dive right in, though.......

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The fact that it changed in a couple practices with shorts and helmets should make you happy. It was a nice side show and soon as pads were coming on it was changed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Milton continues to be someone mentioned as exceeding expectations this fall working with the twos behind Jordan Whittington.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by his performance. Milton had 722 yards on 35 receptions (a 20.6 yard average) in 2019. He's been a performer at the FBS level. Stupid OB.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Newy25 said:

This is either a reminder that you cannot trust coach speak or that players do not develop on a linear curve because Broughton looked absolutely awful at the end of last year. 

You mean players can get better year after year? Holy shit what a concept 

6 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by his performance. Milton had 722 yards on 35 receptions (a 20.6 yard average) in 2019. He's been a performer at the FBS level. Stupid OB.

Not defending OB, because they are very stupid, but I don’t think anyone really knew if he was going to be the same level of athlete after all of the injuries he’s had. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Angry Who Gives A Shit GIF by Lewis Black

40 minutes ago, BERT said:

You mean players can get better year after year? Holy shit what a concept 

I’m leaning towards Broughton didn’t suddenly go from JAG in the spring to amazing five practices into August. But I would love to be wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I agree that a running QB is not absolutely needful, but he should be able to run often enough so the D can't sell out and ignore the QB keep completely.

I've seen Tom Brady run for big yards. Defense totally ignoring the QB is sometimes part of the plan.

6 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

No pads. Chill.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

All I care about is whether Sinnamen is going down or not... 

Players play.

2 hours ago, lazygringo said:

Is he a one and done or does he have multiple years of eligibility left?

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Goddamn yall olds are fucking hilarious. 

Want to compare paystubs?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I’m leaning towards Broughton didn’t suddenly go from JAG in the spring to amazing five practices into August. But I would love to be wrong. 

He looked better in the Spring Game. The truth is likely somewhere in between Spring game and reports, but he is a player that can help. Came in raw, but he has the athleticism. At this point a just want the light to come on for 1 of the DL.