2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

22 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Jimbo = Turkish (Snatch character indebted to Bricktop); ATM NIL boosters = Bricktop (character who feeds people that cross him to pigs). Yes, I did have to Google this. 

Hide contents

Mr. Pulford, better known as Brick Top, is the main antagonist in the 2000 crime-comedy film Snatch.

He is a ruthless gangster who owns an illegal betting shop and presides over most of the local gambling rackets, including unlicensed boxing, forcing protagonists Turkish and Tommy to deal with him in order to make their own gaming venture a success. Unfortunately, Brick Top is in the habit of feeding people who displease him to a pack of hungry pigs - and it is not long before the two protagonists start to get on his nerves.

No. Jimbo = Tommy, Turkish’s naive, cowardly, delusional bff

Christ. @texifornia and any other dildos on this site who haven't watched Snatch, go fucking watch Snatch. Watch Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels also. Then watch The Gentlemen. Caveat emptor on any other Guy Ritchie movies, but those 3 are excellent and in the same spirit. Snatch has numerous elements to it that have been adopted into pop culture and are in heavy rotation on this site, so if nothing else, get your shit together with that one.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Christ. @texifornia and any other dildos on this site who haven't watched Snatch, go fucking watch Snatch. Watch Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels also. Then watch The Gentlemen. Caveat emptor on any other Guy Ritchie movies, but those 3 are excellent and in the same spirit. Snatch has numerous elements to it that have been adopted into pop culture and are in heavy rotation on this site, so if nothing else, get your shit together with that one.

Snatch is cinema gold…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

God I hope our oline player’s helmets don’t say replica on them.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Damn I hope all this confidence in Ewers is legit.

These are the #1 overall QB recruits of the last 8 years.

2021 - Quinn Ewers
2020 - Bryce Young (Heisman winner)
2019 - Spencer Rattler (EABOD)
2018 - Trevor Lawrence (1st Overall Draft Pick)
2017 - Davis Mills (3rd rd. pick - Texans . 13 NFL starts)
2016 - Shea Patterson (sucked at Mich)
2015 - Josh Rosen (10th overall draft pick)
2014 - Kyle Allen (17 career NFL starts)

Other than Shea Patterson (and maybe Spencer Rattler), they have all been NFL caliber players. So, there's reason for optimism. Especially since Trevor Lawrence was the only other one of these other guys to have a 1.000 composite.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Hookah Horns on IT:

Got a couple notes from my sources that don't warrant their own thread so I'll throw them in here.

Coburn was playing with the 3s a lot yesterday.

Billingsley is looking really good and will be a dangerous weapon. Helm's blocking has been really good as well. And of course Sanders is going to be a stud.

QB is in a lot better shape overall than last year at this time. Card has made big strides with the deep ball, has been throwing some dimes, and is running a little ahead of Ewers going into scrimmage

Have you seen Card throwing them bombs?…..

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, that's not good enough. Banks, or another freshman OL but preferably him, needs to be moved to 1st team on the DC after the first scrimmage in the week leading up to 8/20. And yes, it will be merited, sorry. The charade of keeping guys that barely qualify as JAGS ahead of 5 star animals that everyone wanted will need to end ahead of scrimmage #2 at least in one OL spot. There isn't a viable defense for not doing so outside of platitudes about team morale (the players aren't stupid and want the best players on the field) or general pearl-clutching valuing terrible talent with experience over exceptional talent in need of experience.

This is a "show me" level event. People here can shriek and whine over their perception that that is wildly stupid or irresponsible or herrrrrrrrderrrrrrrfuckingBMDZ pushing poor SLS around!!! OMGZ!!! and they'll all be wrong. This is the way. Sarkisian knows as much. Ewers and/or Banks need to visibly involved with why there should be optimism with this season and with NIL.

Neyor won't be moving the needle. Billingham and Hall won't be moving the needle. Milton, Watts, and James Hyphen Madison won't be moving it either. 

This also isn't about showing people what is happening with their NIL spend. You know why? These guys haven't spent a fucking dime yet. That's the point. The major money needs to start participating if you guys want to have the absolute competitive advantage in NIL across sports, but starting in FB and hoops, against all enemies. 

If a bunch of the BMDs show up and see Card running 1st team and Karic and Jones at 1st team LT/RT, go ahead and light your cigarettes now, gents. 

You're still talking about one of the two positions in football that take the most amount of time to develop. Yeah, Banks is a physical freak and we'll be better the sooner he's a starter. But all the talent in the world doesn't mean didilly-poo if you block the wrong guy, leaving someone unchecked to fly and clobber your (also young and inexperienced) QB.

Yes, I realize there's a perception thing here. Like what might've been if the Texans had drafted VY. But if the donors are too stupid about football to grasp how this shit works, then they're wasting their money in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

But all the talent in the world doesn't mean didilly-poo if you block the wrong guy, leaving someone unchecked to fly and clobber your (also young and inexperienced) QB.

Yeah because Christian Jones never did that last season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah because Christian Jones never did that last season. 

All of them missed assignments. That is kind of the issue. You would really like to have Banks surrounded by a buttoned down unit. That isn’t the case. Flood is going to have some tough calls on the OL. He has to balance talent with consistency. He can’t put Banks out there vs Bama, if Banks will be 50% on recognizing stunts and blitzes. That is what @Rimbo is talking about 

Edited by Codaxx

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

All of them missed assignments. That is kind of the issue. You would really like to have Banks surrounded by a buttoned down unit. That isn’t the case. Flood is going to have some tough calls on the OL. He has to balance talent with consistency. He can’t put Banks out there vs Bama, if Banks will be 50% on recognizing stunts and blitzes 

You're sort of contradicting yourself. You're saying we can't put an immensely talented freshman out there because he might miss some assignments and the other, less talented guys are missing some assignments?

I don't see a universe where at least one if not a couple of these freshmen are either starting or seeing significant game time come the meat of the season. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're sort of contradicting yourself. You're saying we can't put an immensely talented freshman out there because he might miss some assignments and the other, less talented guys are missing some assignments?

I don't see a universe where at least one if not a couple of these freshmen are either starting or seeing significant game time come the meat of the season. 

It’s about the rate, not the fact that there were mistakes last year. You have to believe the older guys will be more assignment sound early. I am with you about the freshman. I think it is more about when, than if. I doubt the opening OL will remain unchanged. It’s just a question of when Flood thinks some of the younger, more talented players have a solid handle on their assignments. For the record I think Banks starts game 1 out of necessity. It will probably take more time for the others 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It’s about the rate, not the fact that there were mistakes last year. You have to believe the older guys will be more assignment sound early. I am with you about the freshman. I think it is more about when, than if. I doubt the opening OL will remain unchanged. It’s just a question of when Flood thinks some of the younger, more talented players have a solid handle on their assignments. For the record I think Banks starts game 1 out of necessity. It will probably take more time for the others 

Agreed. I also expect the holdovers to improve (although considering our last decade plus maybe that's wishful thinking). I think our OLine is going to be just fine this season. 

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Appreciate the thoughts, guys, but you’re simply living in fucking fantasyland. Banks is a starter, right now. They moved Jones for a reason. Karic didn’t win the LT spot. He’s kept it warm. No one gives a fuck about the possible downside, Banks is here to start, and start early. That was the deal from the jump. It’s kind of stunning to see guys post about the situation otherwise.  

Pontificate further all you like, doesn’t change what’s inevitable. 

I am guessing you missed my next post