2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Appreciate the thoughts, guys, but you’re simply living in fucking fantasyland. Banks is a starter, right now. They moved Jones for a reason. Karic didn’t win the LT spot. He’s kept it warm. No one gives a fuck about the possible downside, Banks is here to start, and start early. That was the deal from the jump. It’s kind of stunning to see guys post about the situation otherwise.  

Pontificate further all you like, doesn’t change what’s inevitable. 

If it’s known that’s the deal, then why does it matter that it happens at or before the second scrimmage for the money to see?  Just because they will be there?  It doesn’t really have to happen until game 1. 

though i do understand that if it’s going to happen, it should happen sooner than later. 

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Appreciate the thoughts, guys, but you’re simply living in fucking fantasyland. Banks is a starter, right now. They moved Jones for a reason. Karic didn’t win the LT spot. He’s kept it warm. No one gives a fuck about the possible downside, Banks is here to start, and start early. That was the deal from the jump. It’s kind of stunning to see guys post about the situation otherwise.  

Yeah, I haven't seen them in practice, so I don't know shit. I am looking forward to what our OL will look like in a few years.

Jones played LT last year and missed assignments and blocks in pass protection with impunity. With no discernible upside. You start Banks and never look back because 5 games in he will already pass the maximum potential of Jones and Karic. 

This is a little bit of bs. Jones upside is likely higher than where Banks will be after 5 games. He’s got good upside and missed assignments is not reflective of your upside.

Missed assignments happen particularly when the Oline has undergone significant changes in scheme, coaching philosophy, position changes and in season lack of continuity. Covid impacted development too. It must be accurate cause I read it here but throw a coaching error in preparing for a front that Arkansas didn’t run. So yeah good luck having success in those circumstances.

Jones had 2-3 major screwups a game, which can’t happen if you want to be great. It doesn’t discount that he did good work on many plays. And I think there’s a perfectly good reason he’s at RT this season. And that is having Banks on the left side. On the right side, that’s a decent floor.

When you talk about Karic, Jones and Majors, we have scored 48 points or more 6 of 14 games that at least two of them started and sometimes all 3 started. Angilau too. At a minimum, they aren’t screwing up massively. And our skill players are more talented and more experienced than they’ve been.

We’ve got a pretty solid floor without the freshmen. How high can they take us is the question.
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Christ. @texifornia and any other dildos on this site who haven't watched Snatch, go fucking watch Snatch. Watch Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels also. Then watch The Gentlemen. Caveat emptor on any other Guy Ritchie movies, but those 3 are excellent and in the same spirit. Snatch has numerous elements to it that have been adopted into pop culture and are in heavy rotation on this site, so if nothing else, get your shit together with that one.

i am open to any other movie recs in this category, like Layer Cake.

personally, i also enjoyed Rocknrolla and Revolver as well but they aren't on the same level as Snatch/Lock, Stock/Gentlemen/Layer Cake

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yessir. Tell these dumb fucks the truth. People living in a Mack Brown bled for the program fantasy land. No one on our line last year is good enough to be entrenched as a starter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Had Enough said:

This is a little bit of bs. Jones upside is likely higher than where Banks will be after 5 games. He’s got good upside and missed assignments is not reflective of your upside.

Missed assignments happen particularly when the Oline has undergone significant changes in scheme, coaching philosophy, position changes and in season lack of continuity. Covid impacted development too. It must be accurate cause I read it here but throw a coaching error in preparing for a front that Arkansas didn’t run. So yeah good luck having success in those circumstances.

Jones had 2-3 major screwups a game, which can’t happen if you want to be great. It doesn’t discount that he did good work on many plays. And I think there’s a perfectly good reason he’s at RT this season. And that is having Banks on the left side. On the right side, that’s a decent floor.

When you talk about Karic, Jones and Majors, we have scored 48 points or more 6 of 14 games that at least two of them started and sometimes all 3 started. Angilau too. At a minimum, they aren’t screwing up massively. And our skill players are more talented and more experienced than they’ve been.

We’ve got a pretty solid floor without the freshmen. How high can they take us is the question.

Jones is a 5th year senior and looked like complete dog shit last year. He has no more upside. He’s done. 

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

personally, i also enjoyed Rocknrolla and Revolver as well but they aren't on the same level as Snatch/Lock, Stock/Gentlemen/Layer Cake

I thought Roger Craig was really good in Layer Cake.  I also want to bring the youngs into playing time like we did with Cedric Benson 😢🙏🏻🤘. We put him in in the 4th Q of the first game and feed him the ball on straight forward plays until he scored!

All us at the game went wild on every carry as we will do for every Banks pancake!

Edited by Domedriver
  • Hook 'Em 2

This is the absolute worst time of year. Conflicting Fall camp stories, pondering if our coaches can actually improve our players, agonizing over our weaknesses from last year, getting too hyped about freshmen and transfers, tempering expectations again, getting way too excited about recruiting, reading message board slap fights at 1am, and then finally the season will start and I will realize like I do every year that all of the August bullshit was a waste of time………And I’ll do it all over again next year with a smile on my face. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

This is the absolute worst time of year. Conflicting Fall camp stories, pondering if our coaches can actually improve our players, agonizing over our weaknesses from last year, getting too hyped about freshmen and transfers, tempering expectations again, getting way too excited about recruiting, reading message board slap fights at 1am, and then finally the season will start and I will realize like I do every year that all of the August bullshit was a waste of time………And I’ll do it all over again next year with a smile on my face. 

no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg

45 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

I thought Roger Craig was really good in Layer Cake.  I also want to bring the youngs into playing time like we did with Cedric Benson 😢🙏🏻🤘. We put him in in the 4th Q of the first game and feed him the ball on straight forward plays until he scored!

All us at the game went wild on every carry as we will do for every Banks pancake!

Yeah, and then Mack Brown benched him for the RRS because “you can’t play freshmen in that game! they’re puking in the tunnel!!” only to start him for every game he was healthy for the rest of his career after that. Yeah, this is our concern, dude. 

• Rage+1 3

If I had to offer hope, it'd be that the NCAA did us a huge favor by allowing coaches to teach over the summer. Those details alluded in previous reports about hand placement, sinking hips, explosions, and footwork mean everything to OLinemen. During the season, you just can't stop practice and coach them up.

I believe in Kyle Flood. He'll get the best out of his players, given the opportunity. He didn't get much of an opportunity last year (remember COVID restrictions were still in place for most of the spring). While I believe he'll improve everyone's play, I don't think our upperclassmen are currently the future of the program.

We're set to test the limits of conventional wisdom. Normally, even "talented true freshmen" are a liability on the OL. If they played at all (before the relaxed redshirt rules), it would be in garbage time when the play calls were simplistic and the defenses weren't going full out. However, in our current situation, the freshmen are THAT talented, the coach is THAT good (and got extra time to instruct the details), and unfortunately, the existing prospects were THAT poor. It may be the case that one or more really are ready to go.

I'd be surprised if that were the case, but frankly after last season, I'm ready to be surprised.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, and then Mack Brown benched him for the RRS because “you can’t play freshmen in that game! they’re puking in the tunnel!!” only to start him for every game he was healthy for the rest of his career after that. Yeah, this is our concern, dude. 

36 minutes ago, Red Five said:

0 carries in the Texas OU game, in which we scored 3 points. 35 carries the next week against OSU. 

Man, I'm glad I don't remember that.

Had to get Ivan Williams those carries, I guess

Following weeks:

31-131

23-100  2td

31- 157

26- 108 2td

28- 213 2 td

27 -79  2td

Two players I’m really hoping to hear more about is David Gbenda and Kitan Crawford. I was hoping Gbenda turned a corner with his play getting better at the end of last season. 
Haven’t heard much on him yet but maybe with the odd coming on he’ll rise to the occasion. And Crawford with all his athleticism and physical play could really be an upgrade for us imo in the backend. 

im hoping with the pads coming on this two hurry and turn it on!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Two players I’m really hoping to hear more about is David Gbenda and Kitan Crawford. I was hoping Gbenda turned a corner with his play getting better at the end of last season. 
Haven’t heard much on him yet but maybe with the odd coming on he’ll rise to the occasion. And Crawford with all his athleticism and physical play could really be an upgrade for us imo in the backend. 

The fact that Gbenda seems like he has already been passed by Tucker-Dorsey makes me wonder if the light is ever going to come on for him. Him and Devin Richardson as the first guys in off the bench do not give me the feels in case of injury. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Domedriver said:

I thought Roger Daniel Craig was really good in Layer Cake.  I also want to bring the youngs into playing time like we did with Cedric Benson 😢🙏🏻🤘. We put him in in the 4th Q of the first game and feed him the ball on straight forward plays until he scored!

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The fact that Gbenda seems like he has already been passed by Tucker-Dorsey makes me wonder if the light is ever going to come on for him. Him and Devin Richardson as the first guys in off the bench do not give me the feels in case of injury. 

Same!! He played well for us at the end of last season, but with Tucker earning a lot of praise it does concern me that the light still hasn’t turned on with him

17 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

fans_students_tech_CRH_4814.jpg?width=76 08.11.2022 | Football

Football Open Practice Slated for Tuesday, Aug. 16 at 7 p.m.

FREE admission for all fans; gates open at 6 p.m.   Get a glimpse of the 2022 Texas Longhorns Football team prior to the season opener during an Open Practice on Tuesday, Aug. 16 at 7 p.m. at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium at Campbell-Williams Field.  Admission is FREE for all fans.  Gates 1 and 7 will open at 6 p.m. on San Jacinto Street. 

Fans will be able to sit in sections 3-6 on the west side of the stadium.  Fans with ADA needs should enter Bellmont Hall from Gate 7 and take the elevator to the seventh floor.   

Official season posters will be given away upon entry.  

During the practice, fans can enjoy Happy Hour pricing on beers including $5 domestic beers and $6 premium beers.

Complimentary parking is available in the Trinity Garage located south of the stadium; fans can enter the garage from either MLK Blvd. or Trinity Street.  Please pull a ticket upon entry and the garage gates will be open when you exit following the practice.  

Limited amount of season tickets still available

Want to guarantee your spot at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for all seven home games including the showdown versus Alabama?  A record number of season tickets have already been sold, but a limited amount of season tickets are still available and can be purchased online at  TexasSports.com/tickets .  Being a season ticket holder is the only way to secure tickets for the Alabama game and also allows you to request tickets for the AT&T Red River Showdown versus Oklahoma. 

3-Game Mini Plans on sale now

Texas Football Mini Plans give you the opportunity to build your own package   by choosing any three home games (excluding Alabama) starting at $165 online at TexasSports.com/Tickets . 

FLEX Passes now available

The FLEX Pass is the most flexible option for Texas Football fans! For $250, fans receive 10 mobile ticket vouchers that may be redeemed for any home football game this year excluding Alabama on Sept. 10. You choose the game and the quantity of tickets needed for each game. Vouchers can be redeemed starting in mid-August, with seat locations being delivered 24 hours before each home game from best available seating. Purchase FLEX passes TODAY while supplies last!

Group tickets on sale now!

Have a group of 20 or more?  Choose any home game (excluding Alabama) and bring the entire group out to experience Texas Football gamedays!  Group tickets are discounted and available by calling 512-471-3333 (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central).

48 minutes ago, D3zii said:

16 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Same!! He played well for us at the end of last season, but with Tucker earning a lot of praise it does concern me that the light still hasn’t turned on with him

I’m really not sure where you’re getting this from. Gbenda almost always looked lost when he played and there wasn’t a noticeable jump in performance. Ford was the one who improved as the season went on. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Thinking about the Angilou to center stuff. I wonder if, more than "lets try to upgrade center", this is "um I don't think Angilou is one of our two best guards now". So even if Majors/Angilou is a wash at center, we're upgrading at guard. 

I can see this, but if Angilao is equal to Majors at Center it is still an upgrade because he is less likely to end up in Ewers lap from a bullrush of a 350lb nose. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I can see this, but if Angilao is equal to Majors at Center it is still an upgrade because he is less likely to end up in Ewers lap from a bullrush of a 350lb nose. 

Thinking if they really like some combination of Conner/Hutson/Campbell at guard (which, I also like), it's easier to sit Majors than a fifth year senior, all things being equal.

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Thinking about the Angilou to center stuff. I wonder if, more than "lets try to upgrade center", this is "um I don't think Angilou is one of our two best guards now". So even if Majors/Angilou is a wash at center, we're upgrading at guard. 

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If Angilau and Majors are a wash at center and somebody else is better at guard, then why change? Just make Angilau the backup guard, where he doesn't have to learn new skills.

If Angilau is less likely to end up in Ewers' lap, then Angilau and Majors are not equal.

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Do opposing staffs send GAs to scout at something like this?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went last year... Lots of drills with just a short segment plays run.

Sark doesn't show much at this event...

(Please use your settings to turn off your Tapatalk signature.     Thx)

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, NoName said:

For the record, Guy Ritchie didn't direct Layer Cake. He was supposed to be decided to do Revolver instead. Still a damn good movie though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BERT said:

For the record, Guy Ritchie didn't direct Layer Cake. He was supposed to be decided to do Revolver instead. Still a damn good movie though. 

Yeah and i got my football-007 brain cells cross wired.  Yeah i liked the way we got Ced his first carries, but I also deplored the way Butterteeth feared OU and playing youth.  I say start them right and play them!