2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Burton:

Agiye Hall’s arrest last night brings Steve Sarkisian and the team an unwelcome distraction on the precipice of the squad’s first scrimmage tomorrow.

Was Hall’s discretion last night egregious enough to be removed from the team - was it a one-time thing - or is this more indicative of a pattern of actions from the talented transfer?

If it’s more of the latter, my guess is Hall’s time remaining with the team may be tenuous at best.

We’ll have to wait and see which way this plays out. But I can guarantee you it’s something Sark is not happy about having to deal with in the middle of camp as he’s trying to limit distractions and increase and improve the team’s focus on the upcoming season.

We continue to hear Kelvin Banks is on a collision course with a starting position.

No lineman on the team is as impressive physically and apparently he and Cole Hutson are also a bit ahead of the other freshman from a mental standpoint.

Banks just may be one of those rare dudes, one whose mental make-up matches his athletic talent.

Those guys are invaluable for a program trying to turn a corner because they’re the ones who typically lead the way.

Bijan Robinson is a “weak” pass blocker. That comes from a scout who did a deep dive on Robinson and a few other Texas players in the off-season in prep for next year’s potential draft class.

If Robinson wants to be the first RB off the board next April, he has to protect the passer better than he has to this point in his career.

@closetojumping is going to like bolded part

Bijan has said multiple times that one of his main focuses this offseason is pass blocking, so clearly he's aware of this. Hopefully the work pays off

14 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So our best 5 OL might be banks,hutson, C, Campbell, Williams.

4 fucking freshman plus the best non-freshman at center? God damned that means either the freshmen are just that insanely good, or the rest of our roster sucks that much. Given our record the last couple of seasons, I’m not comfortable betting against the roster sucking.

Teams full of great players win, given we haven’t been winning the probability of having had great players isn’t looking good. Bayes in the house…

No idea where you got this from other than just pulling it out of your ass. I haven’t seen a single source say anything close to that.

By all accounts, Hutson and Banks are the ones pushing for playing time right now, which isn’t surprising since it’s the only EE and the best player of the group. 

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Damn over a parking boot?  Unless more to this than we know.  Jimbo kept a ketamine drug dealer.

Yeah no way it'd be over just a parking boot. And based on the twitter video, the parking boot does seem true. Must be a bunch of previous stuff

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Love this but am shocked he unhooked your car before you gave him the money

tow truck drivers are scum

I was helping my little sister move an absurdly heavy couch into her 3rd floor apartment across the street from the Pike house.  I think the guy thought C-Mart was close enough that I couldn’t possibly lose him. I was getting ready to make the left into C-Mart, the light turned yellow, and I made my move.  As Darrell Royal once said, luck is when preparation meets opportunity.  

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

So our best 5 OL might be banks,hutson, C, Campbell, Williams.God damned that means either the freshmen are just that insanely good, or the rest of our roster sucks that much. Given our record the last couple of seasons, I’m not comfortable betting against the roster sucking.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Anyone know whether Hall ever had any UT-related stuff in his Twitter or Instagram bio(s)? If so, it gone. 

He removed it a long time ago and Sark even made a comment that the staff "may have had a hand" in him cleaning up his social media, or something like that. So yeah, nothing to read into there.

1 minute ago, someguy said:

This is exactly what they did.  Hall is a different kind of cat, and they wanted to see if perhaps the Texas approach worked in a way the Saban approach did not.  Sark knew Hall would need to be managed a little differently and was willing to try to meet him, but only to an extent.  There was an appreciation that going too far into coddling territory would be harmful to trust and team chemistry and accountability.  Hall was handled with a lot of input from the player leadership council because of these fears and wanting to stay in step with the team.  As I've alluded to before, Hall did not have a smooth transition and has been emotionally immature in many ways his entire time in Austin.  He was already being given more chances than usual and was on very thin ice before this incident.  

Well, I’m glad he’s gone, then, and I hope they don’t stop taking this approach in certain circumstances where the talent is simply too significant to not give it a roll of the dice. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, someguy said:

This is exactly what they did.  Hall is a different kind of cat, and they wanted to see if perhaps the Texas approach worked in a way the Saban approach did not.  Sark knew Hall would need to be managed a little differently and was willing to try to meet him, but only to an extent.  There was an appreciation that going too far into coddling territory would be harmful to trust and team chemistry and accountability.  Hall was handled with a lot of input from the player leadership council because of these fears and wanting to stay in step with the team.  As I've alluded to before, Hall did not have a smooth transition and has been emotionally immature in many ways his entire time in Austin.  He was already being given more chances than usual and was on very thin ice before this incident.  

How is Billingsley transitioning? He was also mentioned in FCB's hit piece

9 minutes ago, someguy said:

Why are we listening to some guy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Parking oppression by UTPD is a known and decades long issue for us who attended UT.  Back when the SMU Pony Express was coming to town I had my Student Tickets suspended.  Being a strong climber, who frequently trained on the cement cracks on DKR, I chose to climb into the stadium up a 40 foot crack behind a tree,  sneaking into the old Section 26U.  It had a dangerous 5.11 crux move at the lip to top out and I got away with it.  Only to see Eric Dickerson and Craig Whore Killa James run the ball down our thoats.  I also climbed in for the last SWC ArkiePig-Texas game.

They filled in all my climbing cracks during the DKR upgrades and after a Texas Monthly article featured me climbing one of those cracks.  You will not win when you mess with UTPD!  They also arrested me when I climbed the crack between the Old DKR and the Upper Deck on the 100th Birthday of UT.  They did not like me climbing on DKR. 🤘

Wasn’t aware that Alex Hannold went to The university of Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Can I get a someguy history lesson? 

You can ask @someguy. I’m not in the business of unmasking cool posters. 

In unrelated stuff, I thought I saw @closetojumpingat an airport in Atlanta a few months ago…but it may not have been him.

If Hall is that big of a distraction I’d rather him go. We’re trying to build something here. Not go back to where we have been the last decade plus. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Any dude that is anti-fruit, especially pineapple, is either ignorant or just not into receiving bedroom pleasures.

Don’t get it twisted. I’m not anti-fruit. Love fruit. Just Not ON my pancakes. The only fruit that belongs on pancakes are berries.   Blue, straw, rasp, boison, whatever- No apples of any sort.

Other than that, I love fruit and celebrate its antioxidants and vitamin provisions to our health!

Fruit salad?

fruit juice?
fruit smoothie?

fruit as a side?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Don’t get it twisted. I’m not anti-fruit. Love fruit. Just Not ON my pancakes. The only fruit that belongs on pancakes are berries.   Blue, straw, rasp, boison, whatever- No apples of any sort.

Other than that, I love fruit and celebrate its antioxidants and vitamin provisions to our health!

Fruit salad?

fruit juice?
fruit smoothie?

fruit as a side?

Apple cinnamon pancakes are great

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Apple cinnamon pancakes are great

I have a great recipe for golden delight pancakes with banana! These pancakes use cottage cheese and six eggs and very little flour. They rock. Then I add banana slices to the batter. Sometimes I will add steel cut oats also. I can post it in the food thread next time I make them! 

sorry to hear that about Hall but again we just don’t need that. We’ve barely had an identity the last decade plus and we just can’t have that. Particularly when he’d already fucked up with Saban. 

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

You can ask @someguy. I’m not in the business of unmasking cool posters. 

In unrelated stuff, I thought I saw @closetojumpingat an airport in Atlanta a few months ago…but it may not have been him.

If Hall is that big of a distraction I’d rather him go. We’re trying to build something here. Not go back to where we have been the last decade plus. 

You poor thing, what were you doing in Atlanta? 

Haven’t been to the ATL in years. Used to go all of the time for business and it always just reminded me of Dallas with more hills and trees. I probably did 15 same day in and outs there (brutal) over a 2-3 year period in the 2000’s, plus a shit ton of longer stays. 

I could have been spotted in SFO yesterday, though. 

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No, he just got the boot.

That is outstanding, sir. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Wonder how long before Hall is back. If the Foster/Juwan Mitchell situations are precedent, he’s got multiple times to quit or be kicked off before he’s really gone. Yeah different staff but it’s hard to imagine it’ll be different. 

You've answered your own implied question

• Haha 2

Just now, closetojumping said:

You poor thing, what were you doing in Atlanta? 

Haven’t been to the ATL in years. Used to go all of the time for business and it always just reminded me of Dallas with more hills and trees. I probably did 15 same day in and outs there (brutal) over a 2-3 year period in the 2000’s, plus a shit ton of longer stays. 

I could have been spotted in SFO yesterday, though. 

That is outstanding, sir. 

So glad I didn’t yell out from the escalator: “hey closetojumping!” Lol! 

• Haha 1

Hall's dismissal aside, you can't spell stupid without UTPD.

Years ago and living in married student housing on Lake Austin, we had a bike stolen.  We called UTPD and ended up having to give them directions to the apartment complex we lived in.  An apartment complex on University property.  

Also got ticketed on campus once but since we were living around the poverty line they mercifully dismissed the ticket.  

Hopefully Hall wakes up and gets his shit together.  

===================

I hope all of the Big Humans have the same intensity as Banks, if so, Holy Shit.  

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I used to purposely schedule long layovers in ATL so I could get a coffee and snack at Buckhead Books and walk a couple miles underground while looking at the rock statues and Atlanta history murals.  Post-Covid, though, it’s not as good.

I was there three days ago.  Dirty airport

• Hook 'Em 1