2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

21 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I used to purposely schedule long layovers in ATL so I could get a coffee and snack at Buckhead Books and walk a couple miles underground while looking at the rock statues and Atlanta history murals.  Post-Covid, though, it’s not as good.

Atlanta's one of those cities I always feel like I have a better time in than I expect. Part of that admittedly might be low expectations.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Was back in my day which was the 70s-90s.  Climbed a bunch of stuff on UT Campus including Jester and Perry Castaneda Library.  I was also arrested for attempting to climb the State Capitol while some Farm Workers were on a hunger strike on the steps.  I have photos of it all so I can prove it.🤘Alex Hannold is on a whole other level and I have friends who have climbed with him.

Some of my stories:

https://www.commonclimber.com/james-crump.html

Damn that’s a rad story. I’m a little bitch when it comes to heights and I do not try to hide it. Not much scares me, heights is one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t mind taking a chance on a talent like Hall and also cutting his ass if he just can’t be anything but an immature malcontent. Especially in this day and age when the numbers aren’t relevant. 

I actually hope they keep doing this because they’ll find some who just needed a scenery change and produce. Hell, there’s a shot that’s the story this cycle where they took both Billingsley and Hall and Billingsley seems to have new life while Hall shit the bed. 

I know you're connect with folks at Bama.  Was Billingsley's issue the same sort of thing as Hall?  For some reason I'd been under the impression Hall was behavior issues while Billingsley was more a performance/produciton problem (dropped passes, etc.).  Not sure where I got that from. 

6 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

I know you're connect with folks at Bama.  Was Billingsley's issue the same sort of thing as Hall?  For some reason I'd been under the impression Hall was behavior issues while Billingsley was more a performance/produciton problem (dropped passes, etc.).  Not sure where I got that from. 

IIRC, Billingsley didn't want to get vaxxed before camp, which pissed Saban off and put him in the doghouse. And yeah he also had drop issues

Hall sucked in practice and would complain to anyone who'd listen about how he should be running with the first team, and then when he did play, he'd drop passes 

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I used to purposely schedule long layovers in ATL so I could get a coffee and snack at Buckhead Books and walk a couple miles underground while looking at the rock statues and Atlanta history murals.  Post-Covid, though, it’s not as good.

I fly through ATL every week, I often pass on the plane train to walk those halls as well, pretty cool.  The wall of Civil Rights and the faux rain forest are two of my favorites.  I agree, BHB is not the same.  I used to eat at the bar quite frequently, always a great vibe.  ATL is the best airport in the country.  The piano bar in the food court in Terminal E (iirc its E) is a great spot and the international terminal F is outstanding too, great Delta Sky club there as well.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

So the one of the most worthless Pokémon in Pokémon Go can actually wind up being even more worthless than I originally thought? Terrible. 

20 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Billingsley was viewed as a turd last year and then he got the dropsies on top of it. Saban made it a mission to ride his ass until he conformed or broke, which he does with guys every year. Didn’t work out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Domedriver said:

Parking oppression by UTPD is a known and decades long issue for us who attended UT.   🤘

Older fraternity brother of mine passed his "Clergy" prop to me when he graduated.  Had the black shirt and collar on my front seat for a couple years as a prop.  The Clergy tent-card label stayed on my front dashboard, parked anywhere i wanted for a couple years. No tickets.

Kind of looked like this but think tent card vs hang tag.  csb

image.png.c68011efe6b800ce5c5315600506615d.png

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Hall's dismissal aside, you can't spell stupid without UTPD.

Years ago and living in married student housing on Lake Austin, we had a bike stolen.  We called UTPD and ended up having to give them directions to the apartment complex we lived in.  An apartment complex on University property.  

Also got ticketed on campus once but since we were living around the poverty line they mercifully dismissed the ticket.  

Hopefully Hall wakes up and gets his shit together.  

===================

I hope all of the Big Humans have the same intensity as Banks, if so, Holy Shit.  

• Hook 'Em 8

Humidor:

By: Eric and Justin

After the defense fared better on Tuesday, during the first full pad practice, the offense exacted revenge on Thursday as they went full pads again. What stood about the offense on Thursday was the run game. Running backs were getting the edge when going off tackle and getting downhill. Tackling could have been cleaner too, from what we hear. Yes, the blocking was improved but there were also some blown assignments as well. This is setting up for an interesting scrimmage on Saturday. The team is going half pads today.

When doing some Q&A with sources we uncovered some interesting notes.

Kelvin Banks was the very first offensive lineman mentioned. News of his early prowess is making the rounds. We're hearing it rather consistently from myriad sources. His ability is even making the rounds in the hallways of Isidore Newman high school. He is still with second team but he has a chance to be the best O-lineman in the program by the end of the year.

The second offensive lineman mentioned was Hayden Conner. He's smart, reliable, big, and he can move relative to guard.

Cole Hutson was also mentioned. He was with the ones at right guard. IT asked if he's similar to Conner and was told he is very similar to Conner.

With the defense struggling on Thursday we asked how much better, if at all, will they be than last year? We were told there is less confusion, the guys are playing faster, and that effort level is much better across the board. "Higher effort" players singled out were Vernon Broughton, Byron Murphy, Demarvion Overshown, Anthony Cook, and Jerrin Thompson.

Murphy is being called the best interior defensive lineman through cap so far. That's not to say he's the most talented overall, but he's consistent and he is very difficult to keep blocked. Encouragingly, T'Vondre Sweat was mentioned as having a strong week up front. The program needs Sweat and Alfred Collins to play up to their potential. 

With the offense experiencing success running outside we asked who was manning the edges. For much of the day it was Ovie Oghoufo on one side and Prince Dorbah on the other. We haven't heard much about Dorbah so it was interesting he was with the ones so much. Clearly the staff was repping the 2-4-5 look.

Freshman Derrick Brown is at SAM. This is instructive because whatever they do with him, and Overshown, they'll probably do with Derion Gullette. Brown will move to Buck in time -- some guys can play both Buck and Sam -- but that'll come after he gains weight. 

I can feel y'all scrolling for QB and Agiye Hall info. 

A source felt Hudson Card had the better week so far, but it's close. The source mentioned his increased confidence and command. "He's barking out calls now. He's just more confident." Quinn Ewers doesn't have the command of the offense, yet finding Isaiah Neyor down the field is becoming second nature to him. 

IT would not rule out a starter being named next week so the coaches can add more focus to that player. We're not reporting it will happen, but we'll be watching out for it. The scrimmage looms big.

We don't have anything new on Agiye Hall. There will likely be a time and place where we feel better about adding a little color. We think the school will have a statement out later.

44 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Didn't Hall also drop a bunch of easy passes in the championship game? Great talent but too bad he's such a bonehead and never got his shit together.

I watched his reel from that game  several times. Some of his "drops" were uncatchable, and others, while catchable, would have been difficult. It wasn't like 7 Ingram-vs-LSU drops or anything like that.

• Rage+1 4

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Sark has a difficult choice here. Does he go with the guy who barks well or the one who consistently completes passes down the field?

Seriously, has there been a single specific compliment of Card since camp started? They keep saying it's close and things like Card is "solid" with "crisp footwork", and now that he's barking. But has there been any positive news at all about his ability to throw a football? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Older fraternity brother of mine passed his "Clergy" prop to me when he graduated.  Had the black shirt and collar on my front seat for a couple years as a prop.  The Clergy tent-card label stayed on my front dashboard, parked anywhere i wanted for a couple years. No tickets.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611853267b70718427b1c

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Card was one of Herman’s top choices at QB for that recruiting year. Given his horrific recruiting record overall, I don’t trust anything that idiot believes. Who knows whether Card can be good.

Card sucked shit through a straw last year, in every single way imaginable.  Any idea that he's miraculously become a serviceable D-1 QB due simply to "a full year in the system and maturing" is laughable.  If he sees any meaningful snaps, we're more fucked than we already are in several ways.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Card was one of Herman’s top choices at QB for that recruiting year. Given his horrific recruiting record overall, I don’t trust anything that idiot believes. Who knows whether Card can be good.

UGA tried to flip him. Of course, Stetson fucking Bennett is their national championship winning QB so who knows what that means.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not trying to defend Herman, but pretty much everyone wanted Card. Ryan Day was all over him at Ohio State and he was #1 on their board. Of course they ended up lucking into CJ Stroud anyway because that's the type of luck that program has had lately.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I have a great recipe for golden delight pancakes with banana! These pancakes use cottage cheese and six eggs and very little flour. They rock. Then I add banana slices to the batter. Sometimes I will add steel cut oats also. I can post it in the food thread next time I make them! 

sorry to hear that about Hall but again we just don’t need that. We’ve barely had an identity the last decade plus and we just can’t have that. Particularly when he’d already fucked up with Saban. 

I know most guys PM you for your nudes but if you get a PM from me it will be for recipies. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bijan Robinson is a “weak” pass blocker. That comes from a scout who did a deep dive on Robinson and a few other Texas players in the off-season in prep for next year’s potential draft class.

If Robinson wants to be the first RB off the board next April, he has to protect the passer better than he has to this point in his career.

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Genius. I mean you’re probably going to hell, but other than that, just genius. 

(I’m kidding people. KIDDING!!)

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not trying to defend Herman, but pretty much everyone wanted Card. Ryan Day was all over him at Ohio State and he was #1 on their board. Of course they ended up lucking into CJ Stroud anyway because that's the type of luck that program has had lately.

Show me a terrible era in Ohio State's football history. There really isn't one. All of their head coaches have had solid W-L records during their respective tenures.

At this point, those couch burning fucks deserve a 50 year streak of mediocre/losing records.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know most guys PM you for your nudes but if you get a PM from me it will be for recipies. 

I did post one on the shits borked thread because I made a bet and had to honor it and also to cheer up @Sbbruin but I had to request it be removed for a good reason. But I honored my bet and those that saw it can attest to it. I’ll pm you the recipe! It’s a good one! 

I’m still not sure about Ewers (it’s not a negative…) I’m just not feeling as solid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

So, the only logical takeaway from this is that God is telling us that Tent Card should be QB1.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:36 PM, Hornlover said:

have as limited an understanding of OL roster management as @JFKFC

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. Some of you are impervious to facts. You are the Sarah Palin of this board.

I've wanted Sark to be active in the transfer portal for offensive linemen the past 2 off-seasons. He wasn't. Baylor got 2 o-linemen last offseason and they won the Big 12. Those 2 guys are still starters and On3 has them ranked as the 3rd best o-line going in to this season. Sark's freshmen o-line recruiting has exceeded all expectations but I am concerned that we could have a 5/6/7 win season this year when it could have been much better. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Humidor:

By: Eric and Justin

After the defense fared better on Tuesday, during the first full pad practice, the offense exacted revenge on Thursday as they went full pads again. What stood about the offense on Thursday was the run game. Running backs were getting the edge when going off tackle and getting downhill. Tackling could have been cleaner too, from what we hear. Yes, the blocking was improved but there were also some blown assignments as well. This is setting up for an interesting scrimmage on Saturday. The team is going half pads today.

When doing some Q&A with sources we uncovered some interesting notes.

Kelvin Banks was the very first offensive lineman mentioned. News of his early prowess is making the rounds. We're hearing it rather consistently from myriad sources. His ability is even making the rounds in the hallways of Isidore Newman high school. He is still with second team but he has a chance to be the best O-lineman in the program by the end of the year.

The second offensive lineman mentioned was Hayden Conner. He's smart, reliable, big, and he can move relative to guard.

Cole Hutson was also mentioned. He was with the ones at right guard. IT asked if he's similar to Conner and was told he is very similar to Conner.

With the defense struggling on Thursday we asked how much better, if at all, will they be than last year? We were told there is less confusion, the guys are playing faster, and that effort level is much better across the board. "Higher effort" players singled out were Vernon Broughton, Byron Murphy, Demarvion Overshown, Anthony Cook, and Jerrin Thompson.

Murphy is being called the best interior defensive lineman through cap so far. That's not to say he's the most talented overall, but he's consistent and he is very difficult to keep blocked. Encouragingly, T'Vondre Sweat was mentioned as having a strong week up front. The program needs Sweat and Alfred Collins to play up to their potential. 

With the offense experiencing success running outside we asked who was manning the edges. For much of the day it was Ovie Oghoufo on one side and Prince Dorbah on the other. We haven't heard much about Dorbah so it was interesting he was with the ones so much. Clearly the staff was repping the 2-4-5 look.

Freshman Derrick Brown is at SAM. This is instructive because whatever they do with him, and Overshown, they'll probably do with Derion Gullette. Brown will move to Buck in time -- some guys can play both Buck and Sam -- but that'll come after he gains weight. 

I can feel y'all scrolling for QB and Agiye Hall info. 

A source felt Hudson Card had the better week so far, but it's close. The source mentioned his increased confidence and command. "He's barking out calls now. He's just more confident." Quinn Ewers doesn't have the command of the offense, yet finding Isaiah Neyor down the field is becoming second nature to him. 

IT would not rule out a starter being named next week so the coaches can add more focus to that player. We're not reporting it will happen, but we'll be watching out for it. The scrimmage looms big.

We don't have anything new on Agiye Hall. There will likely be a time and place where we feel better about adding a little color. We think the school will have a statement out later.

I know it's pretty worthless 9.95er dribble so flame away but I'm not loving the reports we're getting on Ewers. Sounds like he's not picking up the offense as quickly as you'd hope.

• Hook 'Em 2