2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I know it's pretty worthless 9.95er dribble so flame away but I'm not loving the reports we're getting on Ewers. Sounds like he's not picking up the offense as quickly as you'd hope.

Honestly I take anything regarding QB play from IT with a grain of salt.

Two off-seasons in a row glowing reports of Card, add in their NIL deal as soon as he was named starter last year, and then we see him completely shit the best vs real competition.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Goodness gracious. Here we go with the QB controversy. Simms speaks too quickly and over uses adverbs. Applewhite used too many double negatives, but had a good latina tongue and rolled his rr's.   I just want to know if our guys are ending their sentences with prepositions and using ain't and yall properly. 

Edited by CptnJiggleBits

46 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Card sucked shit through a straw last year, in every single way imaginable.  Any idea that he's miraculously become a serviceable D-1 QB due simply to "a full year in the system and maturing" is laughable.  If he sees any meaningful snaps, we're more fucked than we already are in several ways.

yep.  every first team rep card takes is a wasted rep.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

I just want to know if our guys are ending their sentences with prepositions 

This is something up with which I will not put. 

Reminds me of that cute little Texas Tech girl who was being totally ignored by a nice looking guy. So, to break the ice, she said, "Uh, where do y'all go to school at?" The guy replies, "Madam, I attend Harvard and the first thing they teach us there is to never end a sentence with a preposition." Chastened, she said, "Oh . . . Let me try that again: Where do y'all go to school at, ASSHOLE!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not trying to defend Herman, but pretty much everyone wanted Card. Ryan Day was all over him at Ohio State and he was #1 on their board. Of course they ended up lucking into CJ Stroud anyway because that's the type of luck that program has had lately.

lately?

going back to 1910, the last coach they had with a winning percentage under 60% was Paul Bixler in 1946 (55.6) - coaches since 1951 with winning % are:

• Wes Fesler - 60.1%
  • Woody Hays - 76.1%
  • Earle Bruce - 75.5%
  • John Cooper - 71.5%
  • Jim Tressel - 81.0%
  • Urban Meyer - 90.1%
  • Ryan Day - 89.2%

literally 5 dudes in a row elected to the college HOF, plus Meyer (who will be eventually) + Ryan Day

Fickell was the interim in 2011 and went 6-7.

there is having a good hiring process...which they clearly have...but there is also being lucky not to hire a single dud in that entire 75 year timeline is incredible.

24 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I know it's pretty worthless 9.95er dribble so flame away but I'm not loving the reports we're getting on Ewers. Sounds like he's not picking up the offense as quickly as you'd hope.

Just simply ignore reports. 

Quinn has had the same amount of time to learn the offense this year as Casey/Card did last year. Unless you believe Casey/Card just have some uncanny playbook learning ability over Ewers, you shouldn’t be worried. 

Now I’m sure that Sarks entire playbook is more complex than what we saw last year, but you run the plays your QB has down, and expand on that once you feel they can handle it. So if we initially have to deal with a restricted playbook at first….. so be it. Give me the playbook ran last year, but with a more talented arm and better weapons. 

Edited by The Deuce
  • Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Baylor got 2 o-linemen last offseason and they won the Big 12.

They also told their noodle armed QB who was a locker room cancer to get as far away from the program as possible and started a real QB (sounds awfully familiar). Did that contribute do them winning the Big 12? Or was the 10 game turnaround all due to 2 offensive lineman?

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They also told their noodle armed QB who was a locker room cancer to get as far away from the program as possible and started a real QB (sounds awfully familiar). Did that contribute do them winning the Big 12? Or was the 10 game turnaround all due to 2 offensive lineman?

The 2 OL. One worth 6 games the other worth 4. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

locker room cancer? first time i've read it about Bohanon?

This coaching staff and previous staffs have allowed only a 15-20 minute viewing window for media (including stretching and some position group work), then they rush them the fuck off the field. They aren’t going to allow practices and scrimmages shown on a widely available network so opponents can view and take notes. Shit, that brief window was even yanked early this week following the Chip piece on Hall/Billingsley. 

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

This coaching staff and previous staffs have allowed only a 15-20 minute viewing window for media (including stretching and some position group work), then they rush them the fuck off the field. They aren’t going to allow practices and scrimmages shown on a widely available network so opponents can view and take notes. Shit, that brief window was even yanked early this week following the Chip piece on Hall/Billingsley. 

Widely available? Ha. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

And what later became of that tow truck driver?

He started fucking underaged boys, then became a shaggy poster, and proceeded to go on a spree of throwing rocks through car windshields off overpasses and the upper deck of I-35. How do you live with all that in your conscience, asshole?

5 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Yes. TxTow or something. 

Yeah except he wasn't a tow truck driver, he ran a fatwa against tow trucks and always tried to make their life hard. 

22 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Edited by closetohumping

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bohanon was better than Brewer, but still pretty average. They converted a backup LB to RB who proceeded to rush for 1600 yards behind their new-look O-line.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Why the fuck is Banks ahead of Merril? Just because of some high school tape and his recruiting ranking? Complete bull shit move. 

My question is why the hell did it take so long?  It’s been one got damn week?!??    I hope Sark didn’t do irreparable damage to their relationship.   A lot can happen in one got damn week!!! 

38 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They had coaches that helped their team improve week to week. Not get worse every game.

54 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Or was the 10 game turnaround all due to 2 offensive lineman?

Of course it just wasn't the 2 o-linemen. But they helped. They helped very much. Imagine if Texas had signed those 2 guys. We'd be in the mix this season to win the Big 12. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Brewer. Who then transferred to Utah and took his ball and went home in the middle of the season after he was pulled in like game 2.

he transferred to Liberty?!?!?!

56 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Bohanon was better than Brewer, but still pretty average. They converted a backup LB to RB who proceeded to rush for 1600 yards behind their new-look O-line.

per usual, you make it sound way different than it actually is.

Abram Smith was recruited as a RB out of high school. Don't even think he played defense in high school. At Baylor, he was a RB as a true freshman (got hurt and took an RS), was a RB as a RS Freshman, was a RB as a RS Sophomore, switched to LB as a RS Junior due to injuries at the position for Baylor, then shifted back to RB as a RS Senior.

in 2021 they also changed Offensive Coordinator from Larry Fedora to Jeff Grimes and their OL Coach from Joe Wickline to Eric Matos (who came with Grimes)

it isn't like they pulled some rando LB out of their depth chart, made him a RB and it was plug and play from there - they changed scheme, OC and OL Coach and switched a guy who has been a RB his entire life who played 1 season at LB back to his natural position.

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

Our entire season hinges on Ewers being a significant upgrade from last year.

And there has been little to nothing in terms of reports that would affirm this is the case.

entire season is a stretch. Our defense can't get any worse. Our WRs and TEs are much better. The OL should be as good or better.

But yeah, he needs to get up to speed asap if not already

1 hour ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Hey, did any of y'all know he actually wanted to go to Texas out of high school?

His dad played at Texas, you know, making him a legacy, and he didn't even get an offer from Texas. I hate that this whole thing won't be completely rehashed again this season. Such a swell story.