2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

They will if that dude is a 5 star and you want him to transfer to your school. 

There’s no QB competition. There never was. Sark knew Card couldn’t be the guy, that’s why he got Ewers. Ewers didn’t transfer here to compete and maybe win the job. It’s been his from the get go. 

Quinn Ewers has played zero downs. Sark knows what he had last year in Card...  And he had better be coaching... 

If Ewers can't just beat Card, what does that mean?

4 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Quinn Ewers has played zero downs. Sark knows what he had last year in Card...  And he had better be coaching... 

That sark can’t develop quarterbacks because Ewers is a fucking unicorn of talent. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

That sark can’t develop quarterbacks because Ewers is a fucking unicorn of talent. 

Sark is a proven commodity in this respect. If Ewers is as close to Card as we all believe then you go with him and live through the growing pains because of his ceiling. This is the fundamental fact that people gnashing their teeth seem to forget. Ironically it was a similar argument last year with Card and Thompson though Ewers ceiling is considerably higher and Card just couldn’t handle the pressure of a live game. Now if Ewers becomes a deer in the headlights under live fire too, we’ll then fuck me the curse is live and well on Texas football.

• Hook 'Em 1

I say this with the caveat that I fully except Ewers to start, but if you believe Sarkisian is an elite QB developer then I have tough time seeing the logic of also believing a redshirt freshman can't improve year over year.

I don't care if it's Cole Lourd. Just win games. Please. 

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Slacks said:

This post means you're a gaping vagina.

"No reports that Ewers is tearing it up in practice."

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I say this with the caveat that I fully except Ewers to start, but if you believe Sarkisian is an elite QB developer then I have tough time seeing the logic of also believing a redshirt freshman can't improve year over year.

I don't care if it's Cole Lourd. Just win games. Please. 

You can teach everything but how to be a gamer. Hudson Card is not a gamer. 

47 minutes ago, Slacks said:

It means: Card is still a good QB, Ewers isn't as far along on the system as Card currently, and Sark will need to dial the playbook back slightly in the first few games when he names Ewers QB1.

1 hour ago, Slacks said:

I don't doubt it... But player better come get that. I'm not giving it to him...

I *expect* him to win the job. I expected VY to win the job, too... But a lot of these same cats were talking about VY moving to ducking Safety because Chance Mock... Go take that shit.

You know VY would’ve been a helluva a Safety though.

10 minutes ago, Deej said:

You can teach everything but how to be a gamer. Hudson Card is not a gamer. 

There's a good chance you are right, but the guy played about 12 quarters of meaningful football, half of which were against the drop 8 defense no one in this damn program could seem to solve.

I can't answer for why they felt the need to continue to trot out Casey Thumbson and then happily helped him pack his bags as soon as they could after the season. Both games in which Card replaced him it was warranted and Card performed better (albeit that doesn't mean much because the bar wasn't set high). 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m not writing Card off at all. I just think you start Ewers for the reasons I already explained. I think Card can be an excellent backup this year and may flourish at his next stop. Gilbert comes to mind in that respect. Hell he has a Super Bowl ring.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I can't decide whether to weep or chuckle at the Texas fans who think Card might have suddenly turned into a legitimate high D1 starting QB

It's just guys hoping to have a shot at a Lake Travis MILF, at this point. 

• Haha 1

Ewers is definitely QB1, but I am glad to have a guy like Card running backup. By all accounts he's worked hard and developed a lot, he has some game experience, and he has a lot of skills. For all his well-documented shortcomings he's an asset to the QB room. Hoping he doesn't portal out when Sark makes the decision because we are almost certainly going to need him at some point during the season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know most guys PM you for your nudes but if you get a PM from me it will be for recipies. 

I vote for the recipe along with a photo of Nicole44 making the pancakes wearing nothing but a chef's hat.

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

... if I were planning on riding in the Kentucky Derby, I wouldn't leave my prized horse in the stable.

The horse hasnt run a race in 2 years... And had never run on the derby level... You might want to be damn sure he is as good as ther other horse... What is the rush to call him Race horse1?

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Card couldn't beat out a guy with an allegedly broken thumb last year. 

Some guys are gamers. I'll put my faith in a guy rocking a mullet unironically all day over some guy who panics just because the ball was snapped to him. 

Gamers play. Let's just see. 

35 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

And those guys are gas station hot dogs

16 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This kid is finding all kinds of weighs two be embarrassing. 

11 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

wat yew meen?

Excuse Me What GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sark has no choice but to start Ewers.  If you start Card and he wins game 1 looking good, then shits the bed against Bama similar to Arky there is going to be hell to pay for Sark.

Barring Ewers looking like complete dogshit in scrimmages, he will start Game 1.

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

There's a good chance you are right, but the guy played about 12 quarters of meaningful football, half of which were against the drop 8 defense no one in this damn program could seem to solve.

I can't answer for why they felt the need to continue to trot out Casey Thumbson and then happily helped him pack his bags as soon as they could after the season. Both games in which Card replaced him it was warranted and Card performed better (albeit that doesn't mean much because the bar wasn't set high). 

Card came in during the Kansas game and threw a pick 6

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

I don’t know how anyone can entertain the idea of a legitimate QB competition with a straight face.

Quinn Ewers did not leave a million dollar NIL deal and as close to a sure path at being the #1 pick in the draft as exists in this world because Sark told him, “I mean, you *might* play, but I gotta tell you, I’ve never seen anyone with footwork like this Card kid…”

The Texas staff and donors did not go all out in getting Ewers here because they thought a truly special backup QB is what this program needed.

Nobody is arguing that Card should start. You’d have to be a masochist to want him to start.

I did expect that after leaving high school early and being in his second program that he’d be turning heads in a way that is more obvious than what we’re currently hearing.

Then again, $9.95 and shit.

Edited by Ghost of Shag

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

God I hope Ewers goes off tomorrow and puts this shit to rest. Gotta think sark is just asking for a reason to name him the starter, just needs to prove it in this setting.

Just have Worthy go deep over our shiity defense and hit him in stride. 

• Rage+1 1

Card obviously had his issues last year but Sark did him no favors by never letting him get back in a rhythm. Not to be a Card homer but I think he would have developed nicely with more game reps. That being said I think this competition is over and the closed practices are just Sark trying to be Saban like and not show his hand ala Tua/Hurts a few years back. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Usually I just flash people except at surly events. Just kidding…

'Scuse me, need to wash my eyes out with bleach...

12 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Hall's dismissal aside, you can't spell stupid without UTPD.

Years ago and living in married student housing on Lake Austin, we had a bike stolen.  We called UTPD and ended up having to give them directions to the apartment complex we lived in.  An apartment complex on University property.  

Also got ticketed on campus once but since we were living around the poverty line they mercifully dismissed the ticket.  

Hopefully Hall wakes up and gets his shit together.  

===================

I hope all of the Big Humans have the same intensity as Banks, if so, Holy Shit.  

I think of negatives like this and how they've become positives. After dealing with early-1990s UT bureaucracy, no amount of government/corporate bureaucracy scares me or fazes me any more. And after dealing with UTPD, even SDPD seem like nice guys.

Just kidding, SDPD are fuckin' assholes and always have been.

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I did post one on the shits borked thread because I made a bet and had to honor it and also to cheer up @Sbbruin but I had to request it be removed for a good reason. But I honored my bet and those that saw it can attest to it. I’ll pm you the recipe! It’s a good one! 

I’m still not sure about Ewers (it’s not a negative…) I’m just not feeling as solid. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what Malik can do. Hope he redshirts.

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord.  Card started 2 games last year, and Thompson started the following 10, and he had a blown up thumb for the last 6 of those.  Think about that.  Sark thought an injured Thompson remained a better choice that the guy he tabbed coming out of August training camp.

Ewers is so far ahead in this "competition" -- by default -- that I can't decide whether to weep or chuckle at the Texas fans who think Card might have suddenly turned into a legitimate high D1 starting QB.

There isn't enough experience and coaching in Christendom to turn Card into Texas' starter. I've seen that deer-in-the-headlights look before, and the previous guys who showed 'em didn't grow out of 'em either.

If Card throws anything other than a clipboard, we're in deep shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If they’re going to be a big dog, they will bite you hard as a pup. Hudson Card couldn’t chew through Kibbles’N Bits last year. I can’t even fucking believe there is still dialogue around this. 

Some guys are on fire by the spotlight and some guys are blinded by it. That shit cannot be coached. 

Maybe Card was just waiting for the lord of light to show him his destiny. 

• Haha 2