2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If they’re going to be a big dog, they will bite you hard as a pup. Hudson Card couldn’t chew through Kibbles’N Bits last year. I can’t even fucking believe there is still dialogue around this. 

Some guys are on fire by the spotlight and some guys are blinded by it. That shit cannot be coached. 

It’s so f’ing simple, what are we doing here wasting time discussing this. The team knows it, we know it, Sark knows it. Let’s go all in and have a fucking great fall. 

Edited by McRib
Editing is hard
  • Hook 'Em 1

F2B774DD-2879-4537-9C32-C77EC66A616D.jpeg

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian said on Friday that wide receiver Agiye Hall, who transferred from Alabama this spring, has been indefinitely suspended after being arrested on Thursday night by UT police on a criminal mischief charge.

Hall faces a Class B misdemeanor charge for damages totaling between $100 to $750. The UTPD report says that he damaged a parking boot valued at $600 that had been placed on his Dodge Challenger.

"We're aware of the situation involving Agiye Hall, have talked with his family, and have suspended him indefinitely from all team activities for conduct that is detrimental to our program," Sarkisian said in a statement.

Edited by Longboard Horn

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord.  Card started 2 games last year, and Thompson started the following 10, and he had a blown up thumb for the last 6 of those.  Think about that.  Sark thought an injured Thompson remained a better choice that the guy he tabbed coming out of August training camp.

Ewers is so far ahead in this "competition" -- by default -- that I can't decide whether to weep or chuckle at the Texas fans who think Card might have suddenly turned into a legitimate high D1 starting QB.

All of this. I wish Hudson nothing but the best in the Shane Buchelle role. 

Card panics and he doesn’t trust himself to stand tall and make the throw so he falls back on the good ol’ trusty scramble-your-way-out option. This is what a lot of people who excel in hs bc they are athletic do bc they never had to learn to depend on the vision/read/throw to be there when shit goes wrong. People who excel because of their arms and aren’t as athletic are forced to figure out how to handle panic with their arms.

We don’t want a panicking scrambler qb. We want someone who can beat the opponent with their arm.

You can see it in the spring game, card bails when he feels pass rush and it is almost always bad, ewers stands tall and makes throws down field. All ewers needs to do is learn the check down, play check type shit. The hard part is there naturally for him. He’s a gambler, he trusts himself, he stays calm, he’s accurate down field.

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Ewers being an average Big 12 QB would be a significant upgrade from Thompson, who graded out as one of the worst QBs in the conference last year. With an average QB Texas likely wins 3 or 4 more games last year.

Can Ewers complete passes to wide open receivers for easy touchdowns? Because that would be a big upgrade over last season’s QB play.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Card panics and he doesn’t trust himself to stand tall and make the throw so he falls back on the good ol’ trusty scramble-your-way-out option. This is what a lot of people who excel in hs bc they are athletic do bc they never had to learn to depend on the vision/read/throw to be there when shit goes wrong. People who excel because of their arms and aren’t as athletic are forced to figure out how to handle panic with their arms.

We don’t want a panicking scrambler qb. We want someone who can beat the opponent with their arm.

You can see it in the spring game, card bails when he feels pass rush and it is almost always bad, ewers stands tall and makes throws down field. All ewers needs to do is learn the check down, play check type shit. The hard part is there naturally for him. He’s a gambler, he trusts himself, he stays calm, he’s accurate down field.

If you can bear watching, here's 2021 highlights

The Boondock Saints is another movie that fucks from the late 90s.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I’m catching up with the thread. But The Boondock Saints is not a good movie. At all. It’s just a blatant rip off of a truly classic film that came out years earlier called Pulp Fiction.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just too many missed throws by Card vs Arky

I don’t think it is as that bad.. you can argue 2 deep throws to Whit were drops. 1st one was a drop, the 2nd was certainly a catchable ball. 1st to Worthy was a bad throw. The 2nd is kind of tough. That was a strange route. I am not sure that was on Card. Worthy breaks in, breaks back to sideline, ball is thrown, and then he breaks back inside. I think pocket presence and composure were the bigger issues in Arkansas game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Why would you do that to yourself?

The reason to watch and the reason to hope that it is actually a competition is the fact that it is unlikely that the opening day starter for any college team will play every game. I want Ewers to start the first game, but I also hope Card has improved. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I’m catching up with the thread. But The Boondock Saints is not a good movie. At all. It’s just a blatant rip off of a truly classic film that came out years earlier called Pulp Fiction.

In the words of the Virgin Mary … come again?

Pulp Fiction is one of the greatest movies of all time, no doubt. Boondock Saints isn’t, but Boondock Saints is a fun movie and in no way represents a ripoff of PF. Just because a prayer is said before an execution, similar to a bible verse being read before an execution, it doesn’t mean one movie mirrors the other. Come on. 

• Hook 'Em 6

41 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The reason to watch and the reason to hope that it is actually a competition is the fact that it is unlikely that the opening day starter for any college team will play every game. I want Ewers to start the first game, but I also hope Card has improved. 

Yeah, not uncommon for a backup QB playing some important snaps during a season.  Card was under a lot of duress in 2021, and at times he didn't handle it well.

I also hope Hudson has improved, and gets a lot of mop up backup reps vs ULM and UTSA.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Behind paywall, thread by Mike Roach titled "Jake Langi Leaving"

The article mainly talks about how this may hurt the recruitment of the LB from Hawaii because Jake was very involved in that recruitment. Mike knows where Jake is going but wants to let him announce it himself. 

I had remembered Card missing open receivers -- both missing the fact that they are open (and thus not throwing at all) and seeing them open but throwing a bad pass.  However, I had forgotten about his poor decision-making, or maybe it's low football IQ.  At one point, he was scrambling, and if he had just run north/south he would have had a pretty easy 4th down conversion.  But instead of running north/south, he inexplicably cut to the sideline and almost didn't make it to the marker.  Also, when he scrambled, it's like he thought the play was already over and was just trying to minimize lost yards on the sack.  He completely lost track of his receivers and the fact that he could still throw the ball for a gain.  And way too many times, when we were on 3rd, he would check down or otherwise throw underneath.  Especially against Arkansas, the probability of converting on Greg Davis passes was very low.  Yet time and again, that's where he was putting the ball.

I don't doubt that he's improved in the off-season, but Card's biggest faults -- the mental ones -- are also the hardest to fix.  Let's go, Ewers.

Edited by Mikey4

1 hour ago, Txslnghrns said:

Your movie opinions on this board have been removed. Thank you for your cooperation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

IT already reporting a least one injury:

"the injury report after the scrimmage will matter"

I mean, without context, that is not necessarily referring to an injury. It's just a vague, obvious statement. Significant injuries during the scrimmage could potentially impact practice plans in the coming weeks, position battles or rotation decisions, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1