2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

We don't have to win it all, right now, this very season. 

But... we DO need to win 8+ and look like we're getting there. 7 wins might do it, but it's questionable, and probably depends on having really good excuses for at least the loss to KU. Losses due to coaching fuckery will not keep the freshmen from leaving, nor the recruits from signing elsewhere. If any such fuckery transpires, it had better be dealt with immediately... like replacing PK with Phatterson, Monday morning after losing to UTSA 54-48. 

Just my opinion, but if you don't agree that there is a minimum seasonal performance that we must meet or exceed, you should probably switch to quidditch or whatever it's being called this week.

• Hook 'Em 3

Michigan was shit too and "a couple years away" until they finally won their fucking games and made the playoff

Good thing the Texas program is led by a coach that built the equivalent of a CFP team at… *checks notes* Stanford; immediately took a previously terrible 49ers franchise to three NFC title games and a Super Bowl, and had three 10 win seasons at his current school before getting over the Ohio State/CFP hump.

Because this would be a really dumb comparison if Texas was led by a coach whose most notable achievement is, well, nothing really.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

37 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

But... we DO need to win 8+ and look like we're getting there. 7 wins might do it, but it's questionable, and probably depends on having really good excuses for at least the loss to KU. Losses due to coaching fuckery will not keep the freshmen from leaving, nor the recruits from signing elsewhere. If any such fuckery transpires, it had better be dealt with immediately... like replacing PK with Phatterson, Monday morning after losing to UTSA 54-48. 

Just my opinion, but if you don't agree that there is a minimum seasonal performance that we must meet or exceed, you should probably switch to quidditch or whatever it's being called this week.

Baylor went from what they were to conference champions. No fucking excuses. 

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Baylor went from what they were to conference champions. No fucking excuses. 

They went 11 wins, 2 wins (COVID), and 12 wins. They had a veteran defense stacked with Matt Rhule prospects. Most of them were involved in that 12 win season. 

48 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Yeah I'm going to have to... disagree with you here. 

7 wins, no matter how they're obtained, will send us back to the drawing board on a coach. Recruiting will decline. And BMD start to rethink who and where money should be going to. 

I'd think 9 would be the minimum to keep this trajectory going and even then, life gives no certainties. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

7 wins, no matter how they're obtained, will send us back to the drawing board on a coach. Recruiting will decline. And BMD start to rethink who and where money should be going to. 

I'd think 9 would be the minimum to keep this trajectory going and even then, life gives no certainties. 

You think 9+, I think 8+, so not a huge difference. Either of those numbers will make things uneasy for Sark, but I think he retains most of the recruits but may have to sacrifice a coach or three. Ten wins + ?  Keep the recruits, keep  most of coaches who aren't moving up or over at another school.

• Hook 'Em 1

Injury update from FCB

Spoiler

The Texas Longhorns, who had escaped any significant injuries through spring and summer workouts, got some tough injury news following their first scrimmage of fall camp on Saturday.

According to team sources, fifth-year offensive lineman Junior Angilau suffered a serious knee injury while transfer receiver Isaiah Neyor (6-3, 215) also suffered a serious injury, and running back Roschon Johnson suffered a sprained ankle.

Johnson was in a boot after the scrimmage but indicated to sources the injury was only a sprain that he’d be back.

The news may not be as favorable for Angilau and Neyor, sources said, adding that both players were getting second opinions.

10COMMENTS

Johnson was carted off the field early in Saturday's scrimmage, sources said. Angilau left the field with an injury a few plays later. Neyor was injured later in the scrimmage after catching a 20-yard completion down the seam from Hudson Card, sources said.

If Angilau and Neyor have suffered injuries that will keep them out for a significant amount of time, Angilau's replacement is likely true freshman guard Cole Hutson, who went through spring football and has been getting a number of first-team reps at right guard. If Neyor is out for any length of time, sophomore receiver Troy Omeire (6-3, 221) could be emerging as a possible replacement, considering Alabama transfer receiver Agiye Hall (6-3, 194) is suspended indefinitely after a series of incidents culminating with his being charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief on Thursday

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Injury update from FCB

Hide contents

The Texas Longhorns, who had escaped any significant injuries through spring and summer workouts, got some tough injury news following their first scrimmage of fall camp on Saturday.

According to team sources, fifth-year offensive lineman Junior Angilau suffered a serious knee injury while transfer receiver Isaiah Neyor (6-3, 215) also suffered a serious injury, and running back Roschon Johnson suffered a sprained ankle.

Johnson was in a boot after the scrimmage but indicated to sources the injury was only a sprain that he’d be back.

The news may not be as favorable for Angilau and Neyor, sources said, adding that both players were getting second opinions.

10COMMENTS

Johnson was carted off the field early in Saturday's scrimmage, sources said. Angilau left the field with an injury a few plays later. Neyor was injured later in the scrimmage after catching a 20-yard completion down the seam from Hudson Card, sources said.

If Angilau and Neyor have suffered injuries that will keep them out for a significant amount of time, Angilau's replacement is likely true freshman guard Cole Hutson, who went through spring football and has been getting a number of first-team reps at right guard. If Neyor is out for any length of time, sophomore receiver Troy Omeire (6-3, 221) could be emerging as a possible replacement, considering Alabama transfer receiver Agiye Hall (6-3, 194) is suspended indefinitely after a series of incidents culminating with his being charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief on Thursday

Neyor news is a kick to the nuts 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

You think 9+, I think 8+, so not a huge difference. Either of those numbers will make things uneasy for Sark, but I think he retains most of the recruits but may have to sacrifice a coach or three. Ten wins + ?  Keep the recruits, keep  most of coaches who aren't moving up or over at another school.

Win the cfp? keep all recruits and coaches outside of pk - Surly

17 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I think 9 would make me feel better.  Ironic as I used to make fun of Mack’s 9 win seasons

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Injury update from FCB

Hide contents

4iyz29.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

Other than Ewers I was more excited about Neyor than anyone in the last 35+ player infusion of talent. Just a brutal loss. If Whittington is healthy it’s not the end of the world I guess, but that WR room goes back to being shitty in a hurry if that doesn’t happen.  
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Other than Ewers I was more excited about Neyor than anyone in the last 35+ player infusion of talent. Just a brutal loss. If Whittington is healthy it’s not the end of the world I guess, but that WR room goes back to being shitty in a hurry if that doesn’t happen.  
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

We went from loading up the WR room to right back where we were last year in the span of a week..

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Tex-19 said:

We went from loading up the WR room to right back where we were last year in the span of a week..

Hell no. This years room is still 5x better than the room last year. We had Joshua Moore and Marcus Washington giving us significant snaps last year with Casey Cain on the two deep.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Hell no. This years room is still 5x better than the room last year. We had Joshua Moore and Marcus Washington giving us significant snaps last year with Casey Cain on the two deep.

Isn't Casey Cain in line to take Neyor's starting spot?

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 2:19 PM, Fud said:

Ketchup says that Neyor should be fine.. not sure if that's a good thing or not

Reveal hidden contents

2:10 p.m. update - Just talked to yet another source. Some quick-hitter notes …

--- QBs - both Card and Ewers flashed some good and some bad. Both threw INTs. Like multiple other sources earlier today, this person felt Card had the better day.

“If you were basing it just on this (scrimmage), you’d have to go with Card because he knows the system.”

--- Roschon Johnson is in a boot. Word from someone close to Roschon is that it’s a mild sprain and he’ll be fine.

--- I’m told Isaiah Neyor should be fine.

--- Junior Angilau’s injury happened when he was pancaked from behind by a defensive tackle. Unfortunate injury there.

--- Along with Bijan, I was told that RB Ky Woods actually had a solid day. He scored a TD.

--- Overshown flashed quite a bit. On the first play, he had a huge sack, showed great speed off the edge

--- As we’ve reported previously, this person said the offensive line struggled at times.

--- Maalik Murphy was on the sidelines but this person didn’t think he had a jersey on. Not sure what the deal was there but he apparently didn’t play at all.

--- Ovie Oghoufo was listed as having a good day.

--- Prince showed some flash and had a couple sacks. He ran with the 2s but someone said he needs to get better and more consistent with his effort.

--- Gary Patterson was behind the defense throughout the day taking notes.

This aged well

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I could create a shit storm in this thread by making a provocative comment like “artificial turf causes more serious injuries than well manicured grass fields. “ But I’m not going to do that.  

The thought crossed my mind.  I’ve read that the newer turf is actually better than natural grass but I honestly don’t know.  

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Neyor out with ACL tear, Hall suspended indefinitely, and Ewers being out performed by Card in every practice thus far. Our highly rated transfer portal haul off to a rough start

Which is ironic because our two defensive transfers that we brought in that people seemed to forget about have both gotten positive reports.

• Hook 'Em 3