2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

And yet we recruited like crazy, because

1. The one barrier to Texas establishing recruiting dominance in CFB was removed, and

2. Some enterprising motherfuckers busted their asses and made point #1 happen, properly, legally, and with long term dominance in mind.

You forgot:

3. Cristobal and Riley left Oregon and blOU for Miami and USC at the perfect time for us to land Kelvin Banks and Devon Campbell.

4. Sark had the first-year recruiting bump and could credibly blame 5-7 on the lack of inherited talent.

Neither of which will be happening again.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

-(Insert some quote about Maalik Murphy physically looking like Jesus)

maalik is the second coming of football jesus.  he's jamarcus russell with a good head on his shoulders.  arch will never play a down here before transferring to ole miss.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I see a lot of people have already forgotten about Tyrique Milton 

Considering he was the 5th leading receiver as a senior on last years 7-6 Iowa State team, they have probably already forgotten about him in Ames as well.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT

It’s been reported elsewhere already, but we have also been told that both starting wide receiver Isaiah Neyor and starting offensive lineman Junior Angilau suffered knee injuries that will sideline them for “the rest of the season.”

We are told Angilau’s injury is particularly bad.

Neyor and Angilau weren’t the only injured players for the Horns.

Running back and team leader Roschon Johnson was carted off the field yesterday during the team’s first scrimmage but is thought to have suffered an ankle sprain. Johnson is expected to miss roughly 4-6 weeks.

Defensive lineman Alfred Collins is also injured, though we don’t have more specifics on that other than it occurred prior to Saturday’s scrimmage. He is expected to be back in 4-6 weeks.

Meanwhile, defensive back Jahdae Barron is walking in a boot. He stepped on a ref’s foot at a practice Friday and turned his ankle.

image.gif.389a71deaa3d59f4ef9b674d9a2d1862.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

I can see Sark formulating the plan now.  Start Card to keep him from transferring. Card lights up a pushover ULM squad game 1, then shits the bed against Bama……enter Super Quinn without the potential confidence-squelching Quinn might incur facing Bama in his 1st or 2nd start.  

This is like last year but with the arky game, except if Casey had started we prob would have won.

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

the kind of incompetent dumbassery that empties the shelves of entire BevMo franchises

not getting enough love

54 minutes ago, Deej said:

Card will shit the locker room so badly before the Bama game that the janitorial staff will be getting combat pay. 

Meanwhile, IT will be slobbing his knob. 

Blumpkin. Kinky

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

I can be patient, and am willing to invest in youth for long term program strength at the expense of short term results, but will the 2023 recruiting class have the same patience? That’s my biggest concern in this day and age. 

Just like the 2022 offensive linemen...

We'll pay them to be

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

You forgot:

3. Cristobal and Riley left Oregon and blOU for Miami and USC at the perfect time for us to land Kelvin Banks and Devon Campbell.

4. Sark had the first-year recruiting bump and could credibly blame 5-7 on the lack of inherited talent.

Not that it matters, but I think it was just a hair more nuanced than that. Lincoln to sc with Bedenbaugh might have had the juice to get Campbell. Bedenbaugh staying in Norman effectively eliminated both schools from the equation. Lincoln hiring Henson away from Jimbo helped indirectly with that class (they did get dewberry but that was always going to happen) by presenting less appealing options down the stretch but directly with this class because addazio kind of sucks, in my opinion. I know, wrong board.

Edited by SamMan
Syntax

40 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just like the 2022 offensive linemen...

We'll pay them to be

Bingo. $100k/yr/player is nothing to sniff at, especially for the big uglies.

CTJ is right to think about Nebraska, but this isn't Callahan's Nebraska; this will be like Osbourne's Nebraska. Pancake Factory brings in the talent, Flood brings the proven coaching record, and in 2-3 years. And once the OL talent is on hand, the skill position players -- with a much easier task given all those big uglies blocking up front -- begin to show up.

We might not win with the above formula, but it's going to be really difficult to lose.

8 hours ago, satyanash said:

You forgot:

Campbell was not going to OU with or without Riley. Stop being even glummer than your reputation on this site. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Where does Whittington play in 12 personnel? Can he play outside?

Just swap Worthy from X to Y. Whit can play X. I am going to assume that Sark will want his best WRs on the field. This isnt Tom Herman Texas football, WRs are allowed to play more than 1 spot. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2022 Fall Camp: Limpin'

Bobby:

We expect to hear from Steve Sarkisian today after practice. Sark will likely address the injury status of multiple players.

One thing he is certain to say is that the next man on the depth chart needs to step up. Because as bad as any injury is, the games must go on.

Teams can focus on the past, which they can not control, or they can look to the future and what they can.

This Texas team needs to focus on the future.

What’s more, they need a quarterback to assert himself as a true No. 1. They need the defensive line to work together and create pressure and the offensive line to gel.

Those things, not injuries, need to be the focus of the team and staff as we head into the last two weeks of fall camp.

Longhorn great Steve Worster passed away on Saturday.

One of his backfield mates with the Horns during the 1969 national championship run was Ted Koy.

I reached out to Koy on Sunday to send my condolences.

Koy wrote something in response that sent chills down my spine.

“He gave his best every play,” Koy wrote.

Why did it give me chills?

If you think about it, is there a better one-line tribute any teammate, any friend, could ever give to another?

Steve Worster gave his best every play. RIP.

Great update, Bobby. Thanks for the insight.