2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

This isn't Herman's cookie cutter offense.

Cain might be listed as the starting WR on the depth chart but our primary 3 WR's will be Worthy, Whittington and Milton with Thompson and Red being used more in speciality roles. Sanders and Billingsly and probably ahead of Cain on the pass catching pecking order too.

I don't expect a single contribution from Omeire. Anything he provides is a huge bonus.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They would move Hutson or Campbell to center before putting in Parr.

I would hope so but a true freshman making the line calls and being consistent with his shotgun snaps worries the hell out of me.  Need to start giving one of them a lot of reps right now. 

I’d be excited to see some TEs dominating. TEs need to eat too! Was reading a quote from a TE from the LV Raiders Darren Waller (he is 6’6”) that made me smile and hope we have similar plans for our TEs:

“There was a lot of times in the last couple years where I felt like there wasn’t a clear defined attackin the red zone or like a plan for me specifically,” Waller said, via Heavy.com. “I was kind of like “what the fuck am I doing?’ sometimes.”

The good news for Waller and the Raiders is that things could change under new coach Josh McDaniels.

“Now I kind of feel like that’s something that’s in place with Josh,” Waller said. “For me there’s no reason why my big ass shouldn’t be dominating in the red zone at all times.”

I need to see some TE dominance! 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

image.jpeg.3268b8a4f8de455769f11fdf68f5b5ba.jpeg

Should have included fine print that said: Feel free to donate any spare crutches, ace bandages, arm slings, walking boots or ligaments you have lying around. First person to donate one or more ligaments gets a bucket of chicken from Pluckers for a month! Hook’em 🤘🏼

Edited by Nicole44

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We have been reduced to looking at if UTSA has the fire power to beat us. This better be the fucking low. 

Well it was nice of Traylor to be the one coach that voted for us…but I think it was just so he could rip our guts out. It’s a set up…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’ll say this: if Card is significantly out performing Ewers in practice, we’re fucked. It’s already bad enough with no defense and a shitty OL. Without an upgrade at the QB position, we will have another losing season. 

That’s on Ewers though. Not the Card stans or anyone else. I watched Ehlinger go into Colts camp last year and pretty much unseat the #2 inside of one week of practice. And Eason is now with Seattle. I’ll save my frustration for Ewers and his learning curve. I’m not worried just yet about that battle but it is entirely up to Ewers here to beat him out. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 3

I'm mentally prepared for our QB situation to fully suck.  Ewers is supposed to be a generational talent but the dude hasn't played a meaningful down of football in 2 years and it's quite the jump from South Lake to facing Bama in game 2 of your career.  I'm not sure what to think of his time at Ohio State.  It's not like camp reports from the buckeyes were glowing of his talent level and he didn't exactly beat out the back ups either.  I know he walked in enrolling early with no knowledge of the playbook but I was hoping to hear of some substance of his talent and performance from his time there.  I know spring is hard to judge but he seemed to throw a ton of interceptions and has done so through 1 week of fall camp as well.  If Card is playing better, you start him as much as I hate typing that because I've already seen him shit himself in games and show the worst body language and leadership from a QB in a long time.  With that said, scrimmage 2 is where we always see the offense dominate the defense, yada yada yada.  At some point, he's going to have to show he's better than Hudson Card.  If not, a lot of people will be wrong about him and his hype.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s on Ewers though. Not the Card stans or anyone else. I watched Ehlinger go into Colts camp last year and pretty much unseat the #2 inside of one week of practice. And Eason is now with Seattle. I’ll save my frustration for Ewers and his learning curve. I’m not worried just yet about that battle but it is entirely up to Ewers here to beat him out. 

I really hope the rumor of Ewers not being willing to study the playbook aren’t true. That being said, throughout his year at Ohio State and his 8 months at Texas he has been perpetually “still learning the system” according to Ryan Day and now Sark. I’m hoping one day he will learn the system… 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I really hope the rumor of Ewers not being willing to study the playbook aren’t true. That being said, throughout his year at Ohio State and his 8 months at Texas he has been perpetually “still learning the system” according to Ryan Day and now Sark. I’m hoping one day he will learn the system… 

Hopefully not another Jerrod Heard situation. Took a full redshirt year to learn the offense, then came in and had no idea what to do what to do against zone coverage. That Iowa State game was one of the most pitiful performances I've ever seen from a Texas QB, and that includes the BYU game when Gilbert was booed off the field.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nope. He was okay in camp last year and is okay again this year. The guys he’s competing against aren’t taking advantage. 

Yeah, okay. Bring whoever you want. Matt Stafford, Matt Jones, Mariano Rivera etc. They aren’t starting vs ULM if Hudson has anything to say about it.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I'm mentally prepared for our QB situation to fully suck.  Ewers is supposed to be a generational talent but the dude hasn't played a meaningful down of football in 2 years and it's quite the jump from South Lake to facing Bama in game 2 of your career.  I'm not sure what to think of his time at Ohio State.  It's not like camp reports from the buckeyes were glowing of his talent level and he didn't exactly beat out the back ups either.  I know he walked in enrolling early with no knowledge of the playbook but I was hoping to hear of some substance of his talent and performance from his time there.  I know spring is hard to judge but he seemed to throw a ton of interceptions and has done so through 1 week of fall camp as well.  If Card is playing better, you start him as much as I hate typing that because I've already seen him shit himself in games and show the worst body language and leadership from a QB in a long time.  With that said, scrimmage 2 is where we always see the offense dominate the defense, yada yada yada.  At some point, he's going to have to show he's better than Hudson Card.  If not, a lot of people will be wrong about him and his hype.

I know he was "new", but I thought Ewers looked AWFUL in the spring game as well. Few good throws, but overall, meh. Definitely worried about the QB play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

So much for just moving Whittington out there. 

And we’re a Jake Majors injury away from Logan Parr being our starting center. 

I was wondering if pushing Campbell to Center might be a way to get him on the field if he doesn't overtake Conner. Or move Conner inside to center. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll say this: if Card is significantly out performing Ewers in practice, we’re fucked. It’s already bad enough with no defense and a shitty OL. Without an upgrade at the QB position, we will have another losing season. 

Well, he clearly is. If the NIL golden boy wants to be QB1 START PLAYING FUCKING BETTER.
  • Hook 'Em 1