2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Couple of team notes:
- I continue to hear positive comments about sophomore cornerback Jamier Johnson to the point that Johnson is pushing Ohio State transfer Ryan Watts more and more.
Johnson, similar to Watts, is a lanky corner. Neither have ideal speed but both can be very disruptive at the line of scrimmage.

that is not what I want to hear about a CB. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I thought he looked like steve jobs!?

I thought he looked like Lazlo in Real Genius.

Note: I know who he is in relation to Surly and I would like to say that Lazlo is a realllly attractive guy and that this is a compliment to our benevolent overlord.

Edited by ABSR

41 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby:

Couple of team notes:

- I continue to hear positive comments about sophomore cornerback Jamier Johnson to the point that Johnson is pushing Ohio State transfer Ryan Watts more and more.

Johnson, similar to Watts, is a lanky corner. Neither have ideal speed but both can be very disruptive at the line of scrimmage.

- Cole Hutson’s type of injury is undisclosed but we have been told that it should not be long before he returns to the field. How long? One week seems like it would be the upper end of any timetable.

That’s important as line coach Kyle Flood is trying to find his best group of five. That’s easier said than done.

Hutson’s injury further complicates that search. Not only is Hutson out but the loss of Junior Angilau for the season only compounds it

- While much has been made about true freshman Savion Red seeing action at punt returner, I hear Brenen Thompson is also working there and faring well. We’re still waiting to hear a decision on whether D’Shawn Jamison will return punts this season after doing so the last three years.

- I’m told quarterback Quinn Ewers went in for extra work with QB coach AJ Milwee both before and after practice on Monday. And that time goes above and beyond the regularly scheduled QB meetings.

Ewers appears to understand he has some serious work ahead of him following Saturday’s scrimmage which included lackluster performances by both Ewers and Hudson Card.

Bobby carrying water for sark I guess.  Let me guess Bobby, card spent a lot of his day in the tent claiming he had cramps and heat exhaustion?   And then he left early for an “algebra” test?   I see where this is going

9 hours ago, RGBIII said:

The dude you’re talking to has done more for Texas football than you could dream of. People who are actually devoting their valuable time to help better Texas football are allowed to complain about inaction instead of glory stand on a message board. Maybe at least spend $10 and get a burnt ends flare before you start talking shit. Puta

and? It can be both

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Bobby carrying water for sark I guess.  Let me guess Bobby, card spent a lot of his day in the tent claiming he had cramps and heat exhaustion?   And then he left early for an “algebra” test?   I see where this is going

You losing your bet?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, randygilman said:

"Famous" "Longhorn twitter" "accounts" do a great job of reading things on a message board and posting it to their meager following. 

Remember when that lawn guy and mcphaul started that fake insider site?   Basically copied and pasted Jesus and Nahlins posts and called them their own

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Jeni's had a listeria outbreak as well! But Jeni's comes from Ohio, and fuck Ohio

Y'all need to try Teo Gelato

https://teogelato.com/flavors

Austin-based and they have it at HEB (when it's open) and Central Market. their coffee cookies & cream and texican vanilla are fantastic but the peanut butter chocolate swirl is my favorite ice cream on the market.

i wish i lived in a place where i could get their seasonal flavors

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

The dude you’re talking to has done more for Texas football than you could dream of. People who are actually devoting their valuable time to help better Texas football are allowed to complain about inaction instead of glory stand on a message board. Maybe at least spend $10 and get a burnt ends flare before you start talking shit. Puta

2ttN.gif

• Haha 1

IT preview of the open practice with a few nuggets from Monday's practice sprinkled in

Spoiler

As you’re probably aware, the program is affording fans the opportunity to watch practice tonight at 7:00. Inside Texas will be there en masse to share as many opinions as we can for those who cannot make it themselves.

From the outside, the program seems to be in a precarious position with new questions joining old, unanswered questions.

With Junior Angilau and Isaiah Neyor being lost for the season after weekend injuries, Sark seemed to understand he needed to lighten the mood. Despite the run of bad luck, the team seems to be in a good place.

Fans shouldn’t get too high or too low. The players will continue to work and the coaches will find ways to mitigate the losses to the extent they can.

Still, hopefully those unanswered questions don’t linger into the season. Ideally we’d see some growth tonight.

With the understand the practice will be vanilla for public consumption, here’s what I’ll be watching for:

1. Quarterbacks: The QB who starts to emulate the other’s strengths first should be named the starter. For Card, that means playing more loose and connecting with receivers down field. He has improved in the short and intermediate game, even over the middle. For Ewers, that means more comfort within the offense, tightening up his mechanics, and taking better care of the ball.

Card has been better than Ewers when it comes to protecting the ball, but he still needs to clean that up, too. Ball security is in Card’s favor, but like the competition itself, it is pretty close.

Within the team, there isn’t some sort of likability or leadership factor that benefits one over the other. Both are well-liked and respected, but since neither of them have produced on the field, the credibility factor is absent.

The “team” won’t pick the quarterback, Sark will.

2. Wide receiver: Casey Cain received Neyor’s lost reps at boundary receiver on Monday. Cain’s name was mentioned frequently during the spring and he’s made some plays this month, too. If the coaches continue to roll with him at X throughout this week, this may just be a 1:1 trade. Maybe he’s more of a known to the staff than he is to us. I’m looking forward to watching him today and seeing how he wins reps. Does he separate through sheer length or can he create separation on the ground? How’s he doing versus press coverage?

3. Kelvin Banks: Banks logged a lot of reps with the ones on Monday. He’s not the first-team tackle yet but he continues to trend in that direction and we’re increasingly confident he’ll start the opener. I’m hoping to get a good look at him in one on ones versus the quicker guys, and then to see how assignment sound he is during the team period. I already feel his power and strength will keep him competitive with older players.

4. Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey: We’ve been hearing quite a bit about FCS All-American transfer. I’m looking forward to watching how certain he plays versus the run game. (I would add DeMarvion Overshown but I doubt we see him off the edge today)

5. Defensive front: They don’t have the horses for the 2-4-5 so how much will we see of three defensive lineman and a Buck/Jack? I’m also looking forward to watching the D-tackles, specifically Vernon Broughton. If he keeps his pad level down he can be disruptive. I’m clearly biased to that dude because of how much I liked him in high school. Come on VB, make me right!

6. Jonathon Brooks and Jaydon Blue: There’s a little competition between the two young, talented running backs. Brooks had a strong scrimmage on Saturday but before that Blue had been on his heels.

For now, we’ll stick to our reporting on Roschon Johnson’s timeline to return rather than Steve Sarkisian’s. That means Brooks and Blue might be needed early on, even against Alabama.

7. Tight Ends: With Neyor out, Ja’Tavion Sanders, Jahleel Billingsley, and Juan Davis might see increased targets. Sanders had at least three receptions on Saturday. It’s possible Davis will be playing early in the year. He had a big touchdown grab on Saturday.

Of course I’ll be looking for crisp routes and striated glutes, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Are we supposed to believe this guy? Feel like these alleged IT insiders are full of shit

He's been pretty reliable. Was on top of the QB competition last year and was the first to say that Casey Thumbson had cleaned out his locker for the final time and hit the portal.

Speaking of which, he just said this:

image.png.a8187f7d00505126ba19e121c910f7f0.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

It sure seems to me these 9'95ers are getting fed a lot of BS. Not sure you can believe any media these days.

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

At least this year they're making everyone expect to suck. So if they don't suck it's all the more enjoyable as a pleasant surprise. 

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Are we supposed to believe this guy? Feel like these alleged IT insiders are full of shit

They are. According to him Hall was out last week. 

Now Sark's talking about when he'll be back. 

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

2. Wide receiver: Casey Cain received Neyor’s lost reps at boundary receiver on Monday. Cain’s name was mentioned frequently during the spring and he’s made some plays this month, too. If the coaches continue to roll with him at X throughout this week, this may just be a 1:1 trade. Maybe he’s more of a known to the staff than he is to us. I’m looking forward to watching him today and seeing how he wins reps. Does he separate through sheer length or can he create separation on the ground? How’s he doing versus press coverage?

Holy shit, this is Liucci level turd polishing right here. 

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Holy shit, this is Liucci level turd polishing right here. 

Possibly. Casey is an impressive looking receiver though. I don’t think he provides that take the top off of the defense ability that Neyor provided, but he’s a dynamic guy in his own right.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He's been pretty reliable. Was on top of the QB competition last year and was the first to say that Casey Thumbson had cleaned out his locker for the final time and hit the portal.

Speaking of which, he just said this:

image.png.a8187f7d00505126ba19e121c910f7f0.png

I understand that. We did have 7 turnovers in practice. So….3INTs and 4 fumbles. Ummmm…

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Juan Davis starting to get a lot of love now from the IT folks. 

With our WRs on the mend, we need to roll out 3 TEs every play against Bama. What is that called...'33' personnel? I don't know what I'm talking about.....but I am probably right. Any way, none of this matters because DTD is going to dominate on D. 

• Haha 1

It is amazing how the same people believe every bit of bad news from the insiders, but the 1st sign of good news from the same people and it's all bullshit. Neyor is a big loss, no doubt about it, but we have no idea what Cain is capable of doing or not doing on the football field. I do know that no one on this fucking board knew a damn thing about Neyor prior to him entering the portal and Texas being attached.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It is amazing how the same people believe every bit of bad news from the insiders, but the 1st sign of good news from the same people and it's all bullshit. Neyor is a big loss, no doubt about it, but we have no idea what Cain is capable of doing or not doing on the football field. I do know that no one on this fucking board knew a damn thing about Neyor prior to him entering the portal and Texas being attached.

It’s all kinda relative until the season starts. You could also say that if the news isn’t what someone wants to hear they discount it and throw shit at the messenger or if it’s exactly what they want to hear we’re gonna win the Big12. It only makes a shit what we do on Saturday. And we all know this. But as an example: if Quinn were lighting up the practices and scrimmage like a pinball machine there’d be no way to contain that information. Whether those reporting on it are Card stans or not.

26 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

With our WRs on the mend, we need to roll out 3 TEs every play against Bama. What is that called...'33' personnel? I don't know what I'm talking about.....but I am probably right. Any way, none of this matters because DTD is going to dominate on D. 

33 personnel would be 3 RBs, 3 TEs pm the field. So with the 5 linemen you wouldn't have a receiver or QB on the field. 

3 TE set would most likely be 13 personnel. 1 RB and 3 TE with 1 receiver and a QB. Mostly used for short yardage runs unless you've got 2 Gronks on your team. 

10 hours ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Westbrook had multiple hits that made me immediately question if the opposing player might be dead. Leeland McElroy '95 hit was art. He also ran him down in the open field. Mind you McElroy ran a 3.2 40 and benched 900lbs

Hell, his grandma could bench 250. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

THAT is the best reply you could come up with?

Keegan Michael Key Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I have a well known member

All our members are well known…

to South Austins mom.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1