2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well... it's complicated. Sure Windu won the fight but I think it can be reasonably inferred that Palpatine knew that Anakin would save him. So maybe Palpatine couldn't have actually taken him but losing was part of the master plan. 

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

It sure seems to me these 9'95ers are getting fed a lot of BS. Not sure you can believe any media these days.

I mean you can trust them to some extent. They are there and see stuff. But it's not like they are football experts who can really evaluate the team based on seeing a little practice. 

Also they can be trusted to overcook everything because they make money through attracting eyeballs and interest. They aren't paid for accuracy and reliable predictions. They are part of an entertainment industry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

At this point, I’m of the opinion that we shouldn’t even try to figure out the starting QB in practice. Fuck practice. It doesn’t count for much when the competition is this close. Games are what matter. Plan to start the season with both guys getting minutes and use the beginning of the season to find the guy who’s going to make the most plays when he bullets are live.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pretty sad the guy who has been in the system for a year hasn’t separated himself from the new guy. Another data point for ewers. 

Or is it pretty sad that the dude you claim “sucks ass” is even with someone who is more talented?

Works both ways. Both need to improve.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They both threw too many interceptions. Comparing ones INT’s to the other is trying to polish a turd.

You watched that video just now and still believe Card has some redeemable qualities? Why in the fuck did he throw that ball? Lol. If he’s just fucking around then he’s a fucking idiot because he’s about to be replaced by a freshman, but it’s more likely that’s how he responds to pressure because he hears footsteps. He’s got the yips, it is what it is at this point.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

"Look at me! Look at me! Newspapers still matter, damnit!!!"

I was going to talk shit then I saw that he literally has his fucking phone number posted to Twitter and figured that I'm enough of a man by this point to not humiliate someone that pathetic. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I was going to talk shit then I saw that he literally has his fucking phone number posted to Twitter and figured that I'm enough of a man by this point to not humiliate someone that pathetic. 

You're really not. Go for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You watched that video just now and still believe Card has some redeemable qualities? Why in the fuck did he throw that ball? Lol. If he’s just fucking around then he’s a fucking idiot because he’s about to be replaced by a freshman, but it’s more likely that’s how he responds to pressure because he hears footsteps. He’s got the yips, it is what it is at this point.  

I mean, look at that incredible footwork though. You can't teach that!

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Holy crap there is no way you are actually closing the book on a player based off a video of one rep from an open practice.

I genuinely like your football takes but your defense of Card on here is getting to be weird. I can watch Quinn Ewers throw one football and know that he and Card have completely different outlooks at the position. This isn't the NFL. Fundamentals and playbook knowledge aren't exactly all that important. Quinn is going to win us more games. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Holy crap there is no way you are actually closing the book on a player based off a video of one rep from an open practice.

Casey thumbson closed the door on Hudson cards future at Texas sir. All the rest of this shit is a waste of time. Sark needs to take Ewers and make him QB1 through sheer force if he has to, idgaf how he makes it happen lol. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I genuinely like your football takes but your defense of Card on here is getting to be weird. I can watch Quinn Ewers throw one football and know that he and Card have completely different outlooks at the position. This isn't the NFL. Fundamentals and playbook knowledge aren't exactly all that important. Quinn is going to win us more games. 

I’m not defending the guy. I want Ewers to take this job and run with it. 

What doesn’t make since to me is how both guys can have poor to mediocre days but one is held to a different standard than the other.

Edited by Hookem2147