2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m not defending the guy. I want Ewers to take this job and run with it. 

What doesn’t make since to me is how both guys can have poor to Medicare days but one is held to a different standard than the other.

Maybe because one shit the bed repeatedly last year and showed no signs of being the guy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Here’s my report.  Team is way more talented but the talent (except for RB) is super young.  Prepare yourselves for another bad record but a bright future.  

"Wait until next year!"

Fuck, we're aggy. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Maybe because one shit the bed repeatedly last year and showed no signs of being the guy

Your mind is made up. I get that. Ewers could have thrown an INT every pass tonight and you would have still said start giving him the starter reps tomorrows.

If Ewers has poor games this year, I am going to look at it through the same lens that I looked at Hudson Card and Casey Thumbson’s poor games last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Your mind is made up. I get that. Ewers could have thrown an INT every pass tonight and you would have still said start giving him the starter reps tomorrows.

If Ewers has poor games this year, I am going to look at it through the same lens that I looked at Hudson Card and Casey Thumbson’s poor games last year.

Calm down Mr Card. Maybe your son can transfer to Nebraska. 

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m not defending the guy. I want Ewers to take this job and run with it. 

What doesn’t make since to me is how both guys can have poor to mediocre days but one is held to a different standard than the other.

You are 100 percent defending the guy. Ewers is gifted in ways that Card never will be. We have nothing to lose - why would we not take the guy with the higher ceiling?

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

I think knowing the playbook is pretty fucking important for a quarterback at any level. 

Of course it is. What I mean is that in college what's more important is being a gamer and making plays and imposing talent and athleticism advantages against opponents. If one guy knows the playbook a bit better but the other guy can scramble and throw it 40 yards off the wrong foot then I'm going to go with the latter.

(I should have said "as important")

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I genuinely like your football takes but your defense of Card on here is getting to be weird. I can watch Quinn Ewers throw one football and know that he and Card have completely different outlooks at the position. This isn't the NFL. Fundamentals and playbook knowledge aren't exactly all that important. Quinn is going to win us more games. 

Did you say "win"?   Winning is good.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I genuinely like your football takes but your defense of Card on here is getting to be weird. I can watch Quinn Ewers throw one football and know that he and Card have completely different outlooks at the position. This isn't the NFL. Fundamentals and playbook knowledge aren't exactly all that important. Quinn is going to win us more games. 

Why not both?  I have no doubt that Quinn is our future, but is the future Yao, I mean now?  QUinn hasn't won the job it seems.  There is no doubt he has absurd physical tools but so did Jim Hart.

Edited by closetohumping

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Kinda seems more like...if all things are equally shitty through practice, select the qb who hasnt proven to be an in game liability.

Edited by CptnJiggleBits
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Calm down Mr Card. Maybe your son can transfer to Nebraska. 

Hahah whatever man. If I wanted to I would go bump some of your Casey Thompson takes from last October.

I want to win. This team needs high level QB play and it is concerning that a dude of Ewers’ talent can’t seem to pull away from a guy who you claim is the worst QB to come through Texas in the last decade. If you want to view that as a positive in Ewers favor than you do you.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

Hahah whatever man. If I wanted to I would go bump some of your Casey Thompson takes from last October.

I want to win. This team needs high level QB play and it is concerning that a dude of Ewers’ talent can’t seem to pull away from a guy who you claim is the worst QB to come through Texas in the last decade. If you want to view that as a positive in Ewers favor than you do you.

You said it. This team needs high level QB play and that sure as fuck ain’t coming from Card. 

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This team needs high level QB play and it is concerning that a dude of Ewers’ talent can’t seem to pull away from a guy who you claim is the worst QB to come through Texas in the last decade.

Ewers is basically a true freshman. He's on a different timeline than Card. The fact that their abilities are already sort of intersecting tells me that Quinn probably is that dude. 

And - competition never hurt anybody. We know that Card is a workout warrior. Make QE earn it - he'll be better for it. 

I do agree with you that I want the better guy to play. I just don't see it being Card. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Kinda seems more like...if all things are equally shitty through practice, select the qb who hasnt proven to be an in game liability.

True. It also sounds like quite a few players will also get their chance to prove they too are a game liability.

We’ve got 25 days…and I hope our defense takes advantage of every single INT thrown in practice. 3 INTs yesterday and 4 fumbles. 6 INTs tonite.

I’m sure none of those (whether it’s Ewers or Card that throws them ) will be fatal against Bama. Our defense has to carry the team. If we are pretty much going to be an inconsistent shit show on one side of the ball I am ok if we win our games with defense. 

I hope Ewers can start shining it on OR he might go down as one of the biggest bait and switches in our history. I’m rooting for him to be the guy we have the right to expect his ass to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Card looking much improved 

Before this one he threw a pick that looked exactly like the one he threw to Kansas last year. Off the top of my head the only one Ewers threw during team stuff was because Milton tipped the ball in the air. With a year head start Card looked not as good as Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

In one of his pressers, Sark said he looked at the trajectory of the players when trying to decide the starter. If Card is still making the same mistakes after a year in the system and is unable to match Ewers best players, there is absolutely no justification for starting him.

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ewers is basically a true freshman. He's on a different timeline than Card. The fact that their abilities are already sort of intersecting tells me that Quinn probably is that dude. 

And - competition never hurt anybody. We know that Card is a workout warrior. Make QE earn it - he'll be better for it. 

I do agree with you that I want the better guy to play. I just don't see it being Card. 

Here’s the deal.  When I was in 8th grade I was already maxing out at 135.  Yes with 45s on each side.  Anyways there was this 7th grade Samoan bastard that was maxing out at 125.  I knew he would be stronger than me by the time he was in 8th grade and hell maybe even in three months.  

but at that moment he wasn’t.  Right now, Card is me and Quinn is the 7th grade Samoan bastard.  His time will come.  But vs ULM, it’s cth and Card time.  Watch and learn kid. 

• Haha 7

True. It also sounds like quite a few players will also get their chance to prove they too are a game liability.
We’ve got 25 days…and I hope our defense takes advantage of every single INT thrown in practice. 3 INTs yesterday and 4 fumbles. 6 INTs tonite.
I’m sure none of those (whether it’s Ewers or Card that throws them ) will be fatal against Bama. Our defense has to carry the team. If we are pretty much going to be an inconsistent shit show on one side of the ball I am ok if we win our games with defense. 
I hope Ewers can start shining it on OR he might go down as one of the biggest bait and switches in our history. I’m rooting for him to be the guy we have the right to expect his ass to be. 

I would sure hope during a live game that Ewers wouldn’t throw to a triple covered Parker Alford.

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Here’s the deal.  When I was in 8th grade I was already maxing out at 135.  Yes with 45s on each side.  Anyways there was this 7th grade Samoan bastard that was maxing out at 125.  I knew he would be stronger than me by the time he was in 8th grade and hell maybe even in three months.  

but at that moment he wasn’t.  Right now, Card is me and Quinn is the 7th grade Samoan bastard.  His time will come.  But vs ULM, it’s cth and Card time.  Watch and learn kid. 

work til GIF

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bright spot alert: there’s something tangible going on with this defense. For the first time in a while I think it might be more than zero sum in regards to the D not just looking good solely because the offense sucks.

Coming out of that practice, I would gladly take a 6-6 bowl appearance / win for 7 wins and a team that steadily grows throughout the year instead of implode like it has the potential to.

What a bunch of contradictory horseshit. 

The new updated merges replies. Is there a way to turn that off?

whiskeytown said:
I was at the practice. Whatever the opposite of well-oiled-machine is, that’s this team.

There’s talent and potential all over the field, but going back to 1998 I’m not sure there’s a worse open practice I’ve been to from an out of sync standpoint.

Kickers were 3 of 7 for field goals.

We can’t run out of our own red zone.

Card and Ewers picked a total of what, 9 times?

They both show flashes. We need more than flashes to make it through this season.

Thompson looks nice.

12 personnel is our friend.

Ewers throws a beautiful deep ball and a strange floater-style mid range pass. Almost has the trajectory of a frisbee at the park where the defender and the WR have an equal chance of coming down with it. Needs more pop on those. Into the letters.

I miss Dicker. Auburn can’t kick it into the endzone.

Bright spot alert: there’s something tangible going on with this defense. For the first time in a while I think it might be more than zero sum in regards to the D not just looking good solely because the offense sucks.

Bijan is our hope this season. We need to ride him like 98 Ricky.

Coming out of that practice, I would gladly take a 6-6 bowl appearance / win for 7 wins and a team that steadily grows throughout the year instead of implode like it has the potential to.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

What about all the 8th graders either hitting 200 or getting close to it?

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

but at that moment he wasn’t.  Right now, Card is me and Quinn is the 7th grade Samoan bastard.  

F2451-E2-C-70-C4-4468-989-E-CFA4-F3125-F

• Like 2
  • Haha 5