2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

35 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It is pretty frustrating that one of the first things Sarkisian said when he took this job is he wouldn't have accepted it if he didn't feel like he was inheriting an elite QB room.

Now 18 months later we still have more questions than answers.

That Alamo Bowl was such a massive helping of fool's good. No one predicted the same team that thrashed a ranked Colorado would go 5-7 next year.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

That Alamo Bowl was such a massive helping of fool's good. No one predicted the same team that thrashed a ranked Colorado would go 5-7 next year.

We forget that Colorado sucked. There was no win minimums to be bowl eligible in 2020 and if Colorado played a full schedule, they sure as hell were not making a bowl.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is everyone seriously freaking out because a bunch of $9.95'ers are hedging based on quotes from "sources" while they are all trying to drive clicks?  Remember when Swoopes was starting over Shane right up until he wasn't?  Have we not learned anything over 20+ years of $9.95'er bullshit?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We aint winning with Card brother

but we can with a guy who cant beat Card for the spot?

if Sark starts Card (i am on record that I think he will start Ewers), its because he thinks Card gives the team the best chance to win now. I dont think Sark is a Card homer and no doubt he wanted Ewers to come in and win the job. so if that doesnt happen, it most likely means that Ewers isnt far enough along to take the job and Sark doesnt want to ruin him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Longhorn94 said:

but we can with a guy who cant beat Card for the spot?

if Sark starts Card (i am on record that I think he will start Ewers), its because he thinks Card gives the team the best chance to win now. I dont think Sark is a Card homer and no doubt he wanted Ewers to come in and win the job. so if that doesnt happen, it most likely means that Ewers isnt far enough along to take the job and Sark doesnt want to ruin him. 

Yeah we can....give me the currently unproven in game guy over the shits himself in game guy.

We just going to repeat last year, aint we?

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

According to CTJ, we need Ewers and these young guys to play early and often to show said donors that power of NIL so said donors who aren't currently contributing with net worths over 1 million will fucking start to contribute to NIL and we can actually have the fucking death star. 

If we plan to pay all football players(I assume this will include walk ons) 100k then we will need 12.5 million annually to achieve that. Then that doesn't include basketball. 

Tech/SMU are already paying 25/36k a year to football programs. We are doing 50k to linemen, 10k to tight ends. We need that full team payout to be well north of 50k to make a statement IMO.

If the goal is a full team payout, who cares about the young guys playing early and often?

Edited by Texasrocks
Playing, not starting

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

We aint winning with Card brother

Its arguable, based upon his current play, that we will win as much/little with Ewers.  The question is who is the future?  It aint Card.  For that reason and Quinn's celing you run with Quinn and don't look back.  Not to mention NIL and external factors.  Its not ideal but its the hand we are dealt.   

2 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

Oh shit, looks like we are about to hit the trust the corches phase. 

Oh God no.

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

If Sark names Card the starter, I'm gonna have to concede that he has good reason. Based on what I've seen from Tuesday and the spring game I wouldn't understand but he definitely has a history of coaching quarterbacks. If he does, the meltdown in here is going to be epic and entertaining.

Listen here you little shit...

I used to think this way, too, because I am the motherfucking King of Shitty Takes. So I got some books on football, did a lot of YouTube follows, and finally remembered one thing.

Coaches are, by and large, still those same dumbfuck jocks we made fun of in high school for being dumbfuck jocks. There aren't a lot of brain cells in the field. Even when your get a guy like Bill "The Genius" Walsh around, we're not talking about your average biotech research scientist or anything; he just seems that way by comparison.

So yeah, fuck "trust the coaches." I saw what I saw last year from Card. The guy's problem isn't fixable. We have two very good young QBs in Quinn and Malik. If Card starts for us and those two guys are anything other than injured, throwing the coaches under the bus isn't a terrible idea.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah we can....give me the currently unproven in game guy over the shits himself in game guy.

We just going to repeat last year, aint we?

well, my hope, if we go with Card, would be that we would see dramatic improvement as most QBs tend to do between their 1st and 2nd years. 

5 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Another losing season would be devastating. If Card is ahead, he should start. If he shits the bed again, he should be benched. It's that simple. If Ewers comes off the bench for a few games and goes on a tear, no one will care that he didn't start the first game.  

This years team isn’t in the running to make the playoffs IMO (shocking take, I know). But since I do believe we can be in contention for the Big12 Title, I’m viewing things from a standpoint of the season for us beginning once conference play starts. 

Therefore, those first 3 games need to be utilized in a manner that best prepares the team for success from game 4 onward (Conference play). 

For the sake of this discussion, I’m going to attribute a 2-1 record through 3 games no matter which QB starts them. Since W/L record is unaffected, which QB stands to benefit the most from 3 games of play?

For me……. Quinn is the pick

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

well, my hope, if we go with Card, would be that we would see dramatic improvement as most QBs tend to do between their 1st and 2nd years. 

We're not basing anything on one practice, but I went to the open one last year and the open one this year. He looks like he's regressed, if anything. 

3 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

This years team isn’t in the running to make the playoffs IMO (shocking take, I know). But since I do believe we can be in contention for the Big12 Title, I’m viewing things from a standpoint of the season for us beginning once conference play starts. 

Therefore, those first 3 games need to be utilized in a manner that best prepares the team for success from game 4 onward (Conference play). 

For the sake of this discussion, I’m going to attribute a 2-1 record through 3 games no matter which QB starts them. Since W/L record is unaffected, which QB stands to benefit the most from 3 games of play?

For me……. Quinn is the pick

Don't get me wrong, I think Ewers gives us the best chance to win this year. I assumed he'd overtake Card in August, but it may take longer than that. My point was that Sark should start whoever has earned it regardless of how message boards will react.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Quinn is our savior.  He will not be shit on

Chris Simms was once our savior and the rhetoric when he arrived on campus was pretty similar to what we are hearing now.  I'm not saying Quinn is Simms, just that we don't know shit until at least a few Saturdays are under his belt.  If Quinn ends up being a pick machine he will undoubtedly be shit on. 

Edited by Your Mom

15 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Anything north of "Total Shitshow" would be "dramatic improvement" so anyone selling Card has to come up with something better than that. 

Just now, Your Mom said:

Chris Simms was once our savior and the rhetoric when he arrived on campus was pretty similar to what we are hearing now.  I'm not saying Quinn is Simms, just that we don't know shit until at least a few Saturdays are under his belt.

You say that as if implying a Simms level of QB play, a level only surpassed by VY and Colt over the past 20 years, would be a bad thing.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Chris Simms was once our savior and the rhetoric when he arrived on campus was pretty similar to what we are hearing now.  I'm not saying Quinn is Simms, just that we don't know shit until at least a few Saturdays are under his belt.

If we'd had the average of all of Chris Simms' output last year, we'd have gone at least 8-4....maybe 9-3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Ewers gives us the best chance to win this year. I assumed he'd overtake Card in August, but it may take longer than that. My point was that Sark should start whoever has earned it regardless of how message boards will react.

I think that is the problem.

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

You say that as if implying a Simms level of QB play, a level only surpassed by VY and Colt over the past 20 years, would be a bad thing.  

4 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

If we'd had the average of all of Chris Simms' output last year, we'd have gone at least 8-4....maybe 9-3.

Oh dear fucking God don't even think about starting this shit in this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Chris Simms was once our savior and the rhetoric when he arrived on campus was pretty similar to what we are hearing now.  I'm not saying Quinn is Simms, just that we don't know shit until at least a few Saturdays are under his belt.  If Quinn ends up being a pick machine he will undoubtedly be shit on. 

He was but there were a lot of Major fans around. There aren’t any True Card fans. Hell I only want to win the money with ctj

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

6 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The context is a rebuttal to cth who said our fans wouldn't shit on Ewers because he's the savior.  I'm a longtime Simms fan but he's a good example of a quarterback going from savior to being shit all over for the next 20+ years.   It was more a statement of our fanbase than Simms.  And yes, the quarterbacks we've had since 2003 that I'd take over Simms is a very short list.

• Hook 'Em 2

According to CTJ, we need Ewers and these young guys to play early and often to show said donors that power of NIL so said donors who aren't currently contributing with net worths over 1 million will fucking start to contribute to NIL and we can actually have the fucking death star. 

If we plan to pay all football players(I assume this will include walk ons) 100k then we will need 12.5 million annually to achieve that. Then that doesn't include basketball. 

Tech/SMU are already paying 25/36k a year to football programs. We are doing 50k to linemen, 10k to tight ends. We need that full team payout to be well north of 50k to make a statement IMO.

The decision to play young guys or not is irrelevant without positive results. We compete for rings, we will have a Top 5 class for the next few cycles.

Win back to back conference titles for the first time since Mackovic (ick!) and blue hairs will be knocking over each others canes jockeying for position to polish Sark’s trophies.

We have not seen a fully operational death star that wins in the modern era. It will be sickening and awesome. NIL will organically flow here (and facilitated). Mustard is just the beginning.

I remain skeptical on Sark’s ability to lead and win, but he wont be doing himself any favors by worrying about optics on personnel decisions.

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We're not basing anything on one practice, but I went to the open one last year and the open one this year. He looks like he's regressed, if anything. 

I truly believe the reason for that is because our defense is much better. Our DBs are jumping routes and playing better coverage, and if you take a look at that Card play, you will see Christian Jones getting turnstyled by true freshman Ethan Burke. Burke would have sacked Card long before the throw even happened but he pulled off. That says two things, we have some guys who can get to the QB better than last year, and Christian Jones is going to get someone killed if Cam Williams doesn't displace him soon. 

18 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

If we were to view each game as an isolated event, without any carryover value to the next game, I agree that the QB who provides the best chance of winning gets the nod. 

I’m just forming my opinion and reasoning from a cumulative aspect. 

My take is something like the following:

Current rating - 

HC- 73

QE - 71

Rating after 3 games -

HC- 77

QE - 81

Point being that although HC may give you the better chance to win on a particular day, his improvement/development  per game vs Quinn isn’t as good. Therefore, starting HC over Quinn against ULM doesn’t affect the outcome (we get wins with both), but does limit the progression as to what may we may become later in the year

If Hudson does start for whatever reason then it will be closer to what we saw last year where Casey came in pretty early with meat still on the bone. If Ewers does start then I dont think we see Card until it is 42-10 or more and he comes in for the last quarter or so. No reason to waste two full games of experience by letting Card get run around by Bama when Quinn can get all of the kinks out of his system before we reach conference play. 

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

I hate everything right now. We can haz 2018? 

Fuck it. I'm planning on fishing during our games. Being on the water and hearing Craig scream, either way, should make for a more enjoyable experience than watching us shit the bed again this season. Whatever it is I did, sweet Lord, please forgive me. I repent. I ask for forgiveness. I really want to look like we know what the hell we are doing on a football field and start kicking some ass again. 

Fuck.🤘

Man up and shove this in your bajina and come get drunk at games buddy

56f2969a-cad7-4ed0-8cc7-9af68b150c95-bes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My God, man, get ahold of yourself!  That's like saying you went to see Ishtar II, and it was worse than Ishtar....

20 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

The decision to play young guys or not is irrelevant without positive results. We compete for rings, we will have a Top 5 class for the next few cycles.

Win back to back conference titles for the first time since Mackovic (ick!) and blue hairs will be knocking over each others canes jockeying for position to polish Sark’s trophies.

We have not seen a fully operational death star that wins in the modern era. It will be sickening and awesome. NIL will organically flow here (and facilitated). Mustard is just the beginning.

I remain skeptical on Sark’s ability to lead and win, but he wont be doing himself any favors by worrying about optics on personnel decisions.

We’ve only competed for rings 3 times since DKR. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

If Hudson does start for whatever reason then it will be closer to what we saw last year where Casey came in pretty early with meat still on the bone. If Ewers does start then I dont think we see Card until it is 42-10 or more and he comes in for the last quarter or so. No reason to waste two full games of experience by letting Card get run around by Bama when Quinn can get all of the kinks out of his system before we reach conference play. 

This.  "...but, but his frail ego." in 3,2,1.