2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

It's hilarious. With our o-line and defensive front 7, it doesn't matter who starts at QB.  

I finally went back and watched some of the 11 on 11 from the other night.  It looked like both QB's would have been sacked or running for their lives on most throws down the field.  And we know our front 7 isn't shit.  So this is about where I'm at as well.   The decision should probably come down to who throws the best ball once protection inevitably breaks down.

• Like 1

I'm over here watching Card highlights from '21.

Man, I am trying so so hard to find something to make me excited and I am not finding it.

I'm not putting it outside the realm of possibility that he has evolved and improved (also, Whittington fucked us hard in that Arkansas game) but I also think a player has tendencies and those rarely change.

I'd just like to see Quinn get one more chance in the scrimmage this Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I was just thinking that what this board could really use is a good, old-fashioned, face-melting, impassioned, hysterical and histrionic quarterback controversy. Bonus points if y'all start threatening each other with physical violence. 

Friend hired a couple of low level Russian mob guys to handle a domestic violence situation a few years ago.  He was satisfied with their work.  If anybody needs their contact info dm me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn94 said:

well, my hope, if we go with Card, would be that we would see dramatic improvement as most QBs tend to do between their 1st and 2nd years. 

This is a reasonable hope on its face and as a relentless optimist I choose to believe it's possible. The problem is that with him it's a mental thing. In the spring game in 2021, he threw an incredible touchdown pass where he released the ball well before the receiver had cleared the defenders.  It showed vision and awareness of where everyone on the field was and would be moving. But when the lights turned on and live fire against actual opponents started, that player was nowhere to be seen. It doesn't matter how competitive he was before or what level he played at before, a mental block like that can take years to overcome if ever. Card actually needs to be babied along at this point much more than the guy who's never taken a competitive college snap. Wherever he is right now, Chuck Knoblauch is probably throwing lasers on target in his backyard with his kids, but put him in uniform in a game situation and he would spike it 20 feet from the target. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

In the spring game in 2021, he threw an incredible touchdown pass where he released the ball well before the receiver had cleared the defenders.  It showed vision and awareness of where everyone on the field was and would be moving. But when the lights turned on and live fire against actual opponents started, that player was nowhere to be seen. It doesn't matter how competitive he was before or what level he played at before, a mental block like that can take years to overcome if ever.

I think the poorly centered goalposts at DKR ends up fucking with our QB's head. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I was just thinking that what this board could really use is a good, old-fashioned, face-melting, impassioned, hysterical and histrionic quarterback controversy. Bonus points if y'all start threatening each other with physical violence. 

This all day long. 

9451E2A2-FD71-4BCA-B250-542279A4CF16.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

I'm over here watching Card highlights from '21.

Man, I am trying so so hard to find something to make me excited and I am not finding it.

I'm not putting it outside the realm of possibility that he has evolved and improved (also, Whittington fucked us hard in that Arkansas game) but I also think a player has tendencies and those rarely change.

I'd just like to see Quinn get one more chance in the scrimmage this Saturday.

He has highlights?

• Like 1

The Bears shut down Sarkisian's offense in Waco last season. It is hard to believe that could happen two years in a row, but the Bears' defense could be that good. In the end, the Longhorns get their upset, and Sark gets his second signature win of the year on a last-second field goal.

I guess this guy wasn't at the open practice.

Edited by Big_kat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Oh God no.

Listen here you little shit...

I used to think this way, too, because I am the motherfucking King of Shitty Takes. So I got some books on football, did a lot of YouTube follows, and finally remembered one thing.

Coaches are, by and large, still those same dumbfuck jocks we made fun of in high school for being dumbfuck jocks. There aren't a lot of brain cells in the field. Even when your get a guy like Bill "The Genius" Walsh around, we're not talking about your average biotech research scientist or anything; he just seems that way by comparison.

So yeah, fuck "trust the coaches." I saw what I saw last year from Card. The guy's problem isn't fixable. We have two very good young QBs in Quinn and Malik. If Card starts for us and those two guys are anything other than injured, throwing the coaches under the bus isn't a terrible idea.

Pay attention to my posts bud. I feel Ewers should start. You singled out this post needlessly. 

Little, who you calling little? I may be a shit though. I'll give some credit.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Let’s just run the wildcat all year, rotate the backs and bench both QBs

What do you think i have been suggesting with SmashMouth!  Load up all our big blockers and turn Bijan, RoJo and our stable of backs loose!

Edited by Domedriver

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I keep seeing people say this. It’s 1 year. He played his junior year at SLC, then enrolled at OSU and held a clipboard.

1 year without playing a competitive snap, just like Card last year when he started game 1 as a RS Freshman 

2022 - 2020 is 2 years. 1 season but 2 calendar years