2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

12 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

It’s gonna take Bama 1-2 seconds to shred our o-line and get into the backfield… Hudson’s speed could be a differentiating factor—buying extra time. Have Hudson run for his life for 3-4 quarters.

And if it goes poorly (like most of us suspect), you avoid shattering Quinn’s confidence and keep him healthy. He gets some 4th quarter garbage time and then settles into a rhythm against UTSA prior to beginning conference play.

Fuck off Mack.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

So Ketchum is reporting that birdies are telling him rumors with a bunch of caveats that things could change and aren’t final that Sark might name Card the starter soon, and it’s not impossible that Ewers could change things by playing better  

It's not just Ewers's play on the field that is holding him back. I think people just assumed that he would be ready for QB1 because of his ranking, but let's be realistic the kid hasn't played a down of competitive football in over 21 months. If Card wasn't such a shit performer in his 1st season, then this would be easier to take. Maybe being named QB2 will be the motivation that Ewers needs to work harder on and off the field. If Ewers can't beat out Card by year's end, and Texas somehow manages a bowl game, then I think it's safe to say, Manning will be coming in with a lot of fans thinking he's going to be the starter.

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Card plays scared. How do you ever overcome that? Feels like more Herman era bullshit. Card is a gym rat but a pussy. Ewers is a stud but doesn’t “practice/prepare the right way”. Just play the the son of a bitch that will win games. 

What makes Ewers a stud? For all we know he may be a pussy too. It's not like Ewers had that much more success on the field in HS than Card. I get it, he had that perfect QB rating, you still have to work and study to take advantage of your skills. Even if Card starts against Monroe, both QBs are going to play. There is also no doubt that Card will also get hurt at some point during the season, because he holds the ball way too long. If Ewers takes over against WVU in game 5 and Texas is 4-1 after that game, who gives a shit about how we got there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

What makes Ewers a stud? For all we know he may be a pussy too. It's not like Ewers had that much more success on the field in HS than Card. I get it, he had that perfect QB rating, you still have to work and study to take advantage of your skills. Even if Card starts against Monroe, both QBs are going to play. There is also no doubt that Card will also get hurt at some point during the season, because he holds the ball way too long. If Ewers takes over against WVU in game 5 and Texas is 4-1 after that game, who gives a shit about how we got there.

Repeating last year. Hell yeah!!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Why do Texas need to go in shitter before Ewers salvages the season? Throw that mullet MFer in the deep end and see if he can swim.

You already know what you have in Card. A cowardly pussy that literally surrendered against Arkansas. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

Sark delaying the decision is so QE has a chance this Saturday. Hopefully he gets his shit together, but he'll play this year either way. 

QE putting more work in with Milwee jibes with the other narratives being sent out there. He's got a lot of distractions, so I'm sure it's not easy to put in as much work as he needs to be relied on for Week 1.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Cool - so this is going to be 2021 all over again.  Veteran/incumbent is named starter and beats up on overmatched first opponent before getting destroyed when Texas plays a legit team in Game 2.

Alternative: Quinn is named starter and beats up on overmatched first opponent before getting destroyed when Texas plays a legit team in Game 2. At the end of the game, his confidence (and probably rib cage) is shattered ahead of conference play... Sounds ideal!!

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Why do Texas need to go in shitter before Ewers salvages the season? Throw that mullet MFer in the deep end and see if he can swim.

You already know what you have in Card. A cowardly pussy that literally surrendered against Arkansas. 

And what if Ewers does the same thing? It was pretty apparent from the open practice; at times his practice habits were shit. It's also obvious that Sarkisian wants Ewers to take the job, but he hasn't done it yet.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Cool - so this is going to be 2021 all over again.  Veteran/incumbent is named starter and beats up on overmatched first opponent before getting destroyed when Texas plays a legit team in Game 2.

How is this 2021 all over again? Thompson was the veteran/incumbent in 2021. Maybe the lesson should be stop playing legit teams when you are rebuilding your roster from the ground up if the goal is to build confidence and get wins.

Edited by HtownHorn

36 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Alternative: Quinn is named starter and beats up on overmatched first opponent before getting destroyed when Texas plays a legit team in Game 2. At the end of the game, his confidence (and probably rib cage) is shattered ahead of conference play... Sounds ideal!!

Lol we’re getting ass fucked by Bama no matter what. You don’t name Card the starter just to protect QEs feelings from game 2. 

59 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Card always struggled to me throwing on the run in high school and struggled with it last year..  Ewers (outside of him flipping to tosu) hasn't shown he is a pussy.. kid has always been game in the playoffs and championship games..  He is MUCH better than Card.

Look I don't give a shit if Ewers has to make up plays in the huddle, throw him out there.. it can't POSSIBLY be worse than watching Card from a season ago

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Thiefery said:

Card always struggled to me throwing on the run in high school and struggled with it last year..  Ewers (outside of him flipping to tosu) hasn't shown he is a pussy.. kid has always been game in the playoffs and championship games..  He is MUCH better than Card.

Look I don't give a shit if Ewers has to make up plays in the huddle, throw him out there.. it can't POSSIBLY be worse than watching Card from a season ago

I mean it could actually be worse.

I couldn't give 2 shits on who the starter is against Monroe. Obviously, Ewers is going to play in that game, shit, they should really be on a 2-1 series rotation, and not waiting until Texas is blowing them out to get Ewers reps. I would feel the same way if Quinn was the starter. If Quinn is the gamer everyone thinks he is, then he should be able to show it against live bullets.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

We literally don’t know this.

And Card was also a “stud” in high school so that means very little when it comes to the next level.

Correct 

top 75 recruit

ketch said he’d be his only 6 star recruit

also had the highest velocity at some camp. 

still he looks like a hat but at least he actually gives a shit

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahaa. I will say, for someone who has been on my borderline ignore list for awhile, you’ve been on a roll lately. 

I’m out of the country. I read this thread maybe once or twice a day for the updates, which have turned into bone throwing around the QB spot, and don’t have the time or energy to do much else. If Ewers isn’t named QB1 on Sunday, we can all light the cigarettes and remove any suspense for the season, because we’ve already been fucked. 

Also, the next HC at Texas if Sarkisian is shitcanned after another losing season would be Traylor. 

Starting Card would be the most bizarre act of anti self preservation I’ve seen from a coach, maybe, ever? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Card will be named starter and look like a Heisman candidate against ULM, then he'll shit all over himself against Bama, as they beat the ever living fuck out of us. 

The Ewers era will begin in the second half of the Bama game; we'll run the table and set ourselves up for a NC run in 23.

I love waking and baking. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why are arguing about Card or Ewers.  We should be working on getting Arch reclassified and on campus ASAP.  That will solve all the QB issues.  Am I right?  Actually seeing Ewers struggles makes it even more clear why the Mannings are ok with Arch sitting his first year.  Just because these guys are super talented doesn’t mean they are ready to go day one.  

How is this 2021 all over again? Thompson was the veteran/incumbent in 2021. Maybe the lesson should be stop playing legit teams when you are rebuilding your roster from the ground up if the goal is to build confidence and get wins.

Contracts are 8+ years ago. Certainly you don’t want App State, Sam Houston, and UMass to be the OOC.