2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

12 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

She’s stubbornly committed to fumbling around with his last name instead. It’s painful.   “Neeee-coh (how she says my name and she named me) they had that HC of Texas on the local news tonite 

Neeeeee -  Coh - Laaaaaaa

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Droopy said:

Hello, God, it's me Droopy. I was just... no, no, that um... issue has seemed to go away for now, but I appreciate the help with that. Actually, I'm here to ask you if you could find it in your heart to move us all to the start of the college football season already instead of us having to waste away in this putrid blathering-nonstop-echo chamber-of horseshit takes, condescending half thought out shit talk, and arm-chair quarterbacking? I know it's only 2 weeks away, but this off-season can't die fast enough. Yes, you're correct that patience is a virtue, but the season hasn't even started and half the people are already arguing who the next coach should be and Sark just got here. What's that? Yeah, I saw the Jamaal Charles stuff, but I think he's just fu...messing with us. Hahaha, yeah, at least we don't have to suffer through more bullshit piss tests or ... you're right, you're right, moving on. Well, could we at least agree that the season will be positively different than it has been the last... well, how am I supposed to move on if the team keeps... well, now you're just being an asshole. Yeah, but still... Well, I agree to disagree... that was in 2005 and I was drunk as hell and you know... Well, what about 2008, and January of 2010?!?! ...Hey...hey.... what are we fighting for, huh? Come on man, It's Droop here. We've been through so much, and I've said, and done, a lot of stuff I regret... well that guy had it coming...It's the Cotton Bowl, anything goes, amiright?!? Fine, I'll be patient... Yes, they are the gift that keeps on giving but the tears only take you so far... lmao, I had forgotten about that actually... Well, if that's true, what would happen if Randolph Duke and Luicci accidentally touched each other on the hand... no shit? Then why the hell did you have to put them so you damn close to us? ...Wow, that's fucked up, man. Dark even. Ok, well... can you at least tell me if the Surly tailgates will be worth it?...I'm married and despite my search history, I refuse to DM posters for pics... you said nudes, not me...yeah, well, "mentioned" and "said" are kind of the same thing, no? Shit, I gotta run. Don't forget I'm going to Vegas for the birthday party and will be gambling and playing golf...Hey, what happens in... fine, but I expect some luck this season and at the craps tables... and also with you. 🤘

Lord above. This is the post of the decade.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I'm with R. Kimball.  Just because I'm acknowledging the challenges and possible tough season doesn't mean I'm not absolutely excited about Sark getting his second year with a bunch of new guys. 

Yeah me too.  This is mostly the way I feel.

Last season's record was bad and it means something BUT IT IS NOT DESTINY either.

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

So, somewhere between Lane Kiffin and Jimbo Fisher?  The list of proven college coaches that deliver better than what you describe is incredibly short.  Nick Saban (unobtainable), Urban Meyer (eliminated), Kirby Smart (dream on), Dabo Swinney (nearly unobtainable), Brian Kelly (new contract), and Lincoln Riley (new contract).  A coach that can routinely pull 8-4 in the SEC is a great QB away from a title.    

I guess what I’m describing is a little better than Tom Herman-level results, and not a raging asshole, so he gets more time.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, JFKFC said:

What a strange punchline. While Sark's failure in the portal to supplement the front 7 on D is likely more egregious, not getting quality portal transfers for the o-line the past 2 offseason pisses me off more. Why? Bijan. This guy should leave Texas at the same level as Ricky and Earl. Imagine if, in Sark's first offseason, we got the 2 o-linemen who started for Baylor last season and who are starters again for them this season on an o-line that is considered to be a top 10 unit in college football. We would have had a winning season and Bijan would have been in NY at the end of 2021. Maybe you just don't like Bijan. Maybe all you care about is ad hominem attacks on message boards. I think you like scoring points with the idiots here who are convinced everything is fine and we will win 10 games. 

One of those guys committed to Baylor before sark was even finished at Bama. 

but go ahead and keep cherry-picking hypothetical players to fit your narrative. Definitely just as fresh as the last 100 times you’ve said it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sal said:

This take is dog shit. Mathis is a two-time All-Big 12 DE and expected to be third-team All-Big Ten by PFF this season. Last season’s defense was one of the two or three worst in school history, and a substantial part of that was having the worst edge play I’ve ever seen. I bet you’re one of those Westlake honks who thinks some white bread JAG is going to be more impactful in his freshman season.

Lulz, that you think 4.5 sacks in 24 games is elite production. Don't give a shit about Covid season.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz, that you think 4.5 sacks in 24 games is elite production. Don't give a shit about Covid season.

I don’t think you understand that there’s more to defense than sacking the QB. We couldn’t set the edge all year, something that Mathis has made a living doing.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, sidis said:

how are coaches that have been here a season and a half in a position to say that's sweat's effort and consistency have been the best since he's been on campus (for four years)?  fucking august camp vague koolaid reporting never fails.  at least no one called him a "grown ass man."

Read between the lines. Bobby is passing along a report from a source, but he's not buying it, either.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Sal said:

I don’t think you understand that there’s more to defense than sacking the QB. We couldn’t set the edge all year, something that Mathis has made a living doing.

You probably dont want make a bet on that. TCU run defense was even worse than Texas. Mathis is a solid player and he would have helped, but he is in no way elite. 

18 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I guess what I’m describing is a little better than Tom Herman-level results, and not a raging asshole, so he gets more time.

Yup. That is the most rational position to take.  Better than just hoping Sark's a sure thing and destined to take us to the promise land, for sure.  But also way better than the attitude that we should have done better than Sark after Urban Meyer burned us.  We're in it now, may as well ride it out and hope for the best.    

7 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I went looking for this exact thing.  Pretty sure Mathis is near the bottom in the Big 12 also.

I don't think I like where this conversation is going. If we can't blame the season on not landing a guy that is a liability against the run and may not have started for TCU, then I don't really know what to blame. This is because I washed my lucky shirt isn't it...

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Sal said:

This take is dog shit. Mathis is a two-time All-Big 12 DE and expected to be third-team All-Big Ten by PFF this season. Last season’s defense was one of the two or three worst in school history, and a substantial part of that was having the worst edge play I’ve ever seen. I bet you’re one of those Westlake honks who thinks some white bread JAG is going to be more impactful in his freshman season.

Bruce Lee Racism GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I don't think I like where this conversation is going. If we can't blame the season on not landing a guy that is a liability against the run and may not have started for TCU, then I don't really know what to blame. This is because I washed my lucky shirt isn't it...

Herman. For one more season.

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Sark was hired by Nick Saban.  

Strong was hired by Urban Meyer. 

Herman? 

And yes, Sark's career was certainly impacted by his relationship with alcohol.  He's taken every step to mitigate that.  We all know that his performance at UW and USC was all done under-the-influence.

We also all know sure as fuck that Herman has had his own alcohol issues, and he's a giant cunt too. 

Chris Pratt What GIF
Herman was hired by Urban Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had the chance to talk to a buddy who has been to multiple practices and every person on this thread except the clown that thinks NFL scouts make a bunch of money would trust this buddy's unvarnished takes. And he's not prone, ever, to positive hyperbole with UT football.

-This is a 9-3/10-2 regular season team. If Sarkisian lets these guys fall apart to anything under 8-4, they should fire him before Thanksgiving. This team has more talent than anyone in the Big 12 this year. Give me TCU's WRs and someone else's kicker, and I'm not sure what other group is outpacing what Texas has. TCU vs Texas at WR might be a wash anyway.

-Bijan gets all of the hype, but he's better this year than anything we saw last year. It's hard to believe. He could be starting in the NFL this season. 

-The backfield overall is just terrific.

-You're going to be better at TE and it isn't even close. 1-4 at that spot are better than anything they've had out there since I can remember.

-Thompson is going to drop some passes, but he's also going to catch a few that are behind the defense. He could wind up with 6tds this year averaging 50 yards/td and also average 2 drops/game. 

-Cain is not going to be a star but he is going to give you consistent catches. Milton has great hands but the injuries have killed his athleticism. He's an asset though and Sarkisian will use him right.

-Ewers is going to be awesome. He's going to throw a bunch of what-the-fuck picks trying to figure out where he can whip it and where he can't, and he'll remember those for about as long as it takes for him to get to the sideline. In one side of the mullet and out the other in no time. 

-They didn't miss on one guy on the OL and they know it. There will be 3 freshmen OL starters super soon and another is probable this year. Robertson is physical and will be a good center if his shoulders hold up. Agbo and Neto are more physical than they feared. Williams needs a little work in pass pro but is the starter at RT soon. Banks is not a freshmen and Hutson is the guy they're really surprised by, because he's better than they assumed and is a starter already.

-Kicker is a major fucking problem.

-The concerns about the DTs are overblown. They're swearing they're going to let them play upfield and if that is the case, the DTs are above average. Broughton can't stop the run and positivity around him feels like bullshit to press the other guys to up their game for snaps. 

-EDGE is the biggest problem on defense. There should be less concern about it. This was not explained in detail to me as to why I should be less concerned about the position.

-LB is much improved. No studs, but they'll be a hell of a lot better than the mess last year. The transfer is tiny dynamite.

-Secondary looks really good but could be zero sum with the fact that they know a lot of the plays coming at them and Ewers does not give a fuck in practice about trying to thread the needle.

-If they play Bama tough and show sparks on offense, they could go on to be a team that gets substantially better as the season goes on. Traylor will have UTSA playing violently and that comes off of Bama, so Tech is the biggest game of the year. Win the first conference game to go 3-1, then beat a lost WVU team at home and figure out what OU is made of in Dallas. 

-This staff is using outlets to send signals to players on a daily basis.

Where do i send my $9.95 ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had the chance to talk to a buddy who has been to multiple practices and every person on this thread except the clown that thinks NFL scouts make a bunch of money would trust this buddy's unvarnished takes. And he's not prone, ever, to positive hyperbole with UT football.

-This is a 9-3/10-2 regular season team. If Sarkisian lets these guys fall apart to anything under 8-4, they should fire him before Thanksgiving. This team has more talent than anyone in the Big 12 this year. Give me TCU's WRs and someone else's kicker, and I'm not sure what other group is outpacing what Texas has. TCU vs Texas at WR might be a wash anyway.

-Bijan gets all of the hype, but he's better this year than anything we saw last year. It's hard to believe. He could be starting in the NFL this season. 

-You're going to be better at TE and it isn't even close. 1-4 at that spot are better than anything they've had out there since I can remember.

-Thompson is going to drop some passes, but he's also going to catch a few that are behind the defense. He could wind up with 6tds this year averaging 50 yards/td and also average 2 drops/game. 

-Cain is not going to be a star but he is going to give you consistent catches. Milton has great hands but the injuries have killed his athleticism. He's an asset though and Sarkisian will use him right.

-Ewers is going to be awesome. He's going to throw a bunch of what-the-fuck picks trying to figure out where he can whip it and where he can't, and he'll remember those for about as long as it takes for him to get to the sideline. In one side of the mullet and out the other in no time. 

-They didn't miss on one guy on the OL and they know it. There will be 3 freshmen OL starters super soon and another is probable this year. Robertson is physical and will be a good center if his shoulders hold up. Agbo and Neto are more physical than they feared. Williams needs a little work in pass pro but is the starter at RT soon. Banks is not a freshmen and Hutson is the guy they're really surprised by, because he's better than they assumed and is a starter already.

-The concerns about the DTs are overblown. They're swearing they're going to let them play upfield and if that is the case, the DTs are above average. Broughton can't stop the run and positivity around him feels like bullshit to press the other guys to up their game for snaps. 

-EDGE is the biggest problem on defense. There should be less concern about it. This was not explained in detail to me as to why I should be less concerned about the position.

-LB is much improved. No studs, but they'll be a hell of a lot better than the mess last year. The transfer is tiny dynamite.

-Secondary looks really good but could be zero sum with the fact that they know a lot of the plays coming at them and Ewers does not give a fuck in practice about trying to thread the needle.

-If they play Bama tough and show sparks on offense, they could go on to be a team that gets substantially better as the season goes on. Traylor will have UTSA playing violently and that comes off of Bama, so Tech is the biggest game of the year. Win the first conference game to go 3-1, then beat a lost WVU team at home and figure out what OU is made of in Dallas. 

This is the good Kool-Aid. "Tiny dynamite" makes me happy.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

al pacino drugs GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Edited by Ghost of Shag

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

We’re beating Bama. Fuck it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Cain can just be a consistent, dependable X WR with Worthy & Whittington on the field, that'll be a lot more than what UT got last year from Josh Moore & Marcus Washington.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Ctj has said multiple times that he wants Sark to be successful here he just doesn’t think it’s realistic.  How do you guys come up with some of the flippant diarrhea you post here?

I know you ain’t new here, bro 

• Hook 'Em 1