2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Malik improved so much through his senior season, that trajectory could bury Card on the depth chart.

I don’t think anyone believes he will be the back up. Nobody has even hinted at that, but it is always good to hear positives on younger players. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Hall has gone through a culture shock at Texas where like Alabama he thought he was going to walk in and take a leading role next to Worthy.  But the other transfer from Wyoming has clearly established himself as the other WR 1 and Hall has been reeling.  Sources tell me that Bijan reached out to him but Hall rejected him.   It was Banks and Williams who approached Hall and simply by working out together they formed a solid bond of dudes bent on establishing their spot not expecting it to be given.   The bond he built with these freshman is stronger than any he has had in football and now he feels like a part of a group within the team, but Hall has found a home and some brothers among the big men.   I'll be back next week with another bullshit made-up implausible, or semi-plausible story based on nothing at all. 

Send your $9.94 to Nivek@burntendslostcup.com.

You must have written the curriculum for 9.95 University.

22 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm wondering how the defensive backs hold up against the wide receivers because it seems like the wide receivers are going to be a major problem for everyone. 

If the defensive backs aren't getting torched in spring practices I'm going to take that as a positive. 

Huh

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I am 100% convinced the Friday media blackout was prompted by the Chip Brown Hall/Billingsley “insider information” piece, not the TV comparison between Card and Ewers delivery. I also suspect the support staff got a reminder that anyone found serving as Deep Throat (the Watergate kind) to a 9:95er is grounds for immediate shit listing and termination (if you’re not that important).

I’m certain the rest of the media are pissed in the reduction in access, especially the TV guys since they need video every day. In the Burron/Nahlin/Wells video chat, they referenced the Brown article as being unnecessary at this point (the info would be more meaningful if they were underperforming during the season), and this was taped before the news of the media opportunity being shitcanned. I suspect few people are happy with everyones buddy, FCB.

CB is such a moron.  He's been in this business 20+ years and doesn't have the judgement to realize how he is both jeopardizing his "inside source" AND the access of all the media members by publishing a meaningless report on a even more meaningless early camp practice.

If there had been a major piece of breaking news in there, that would be one thing, worth possibly burning your source. 

Jfc, what a brain-dead asshat.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

CB is such a moron.  He's been in this business 20+ years and doesn't have the judgement to realize how he is both jeopardizing his "inside source" AND the access of all the media members by publishing a meaningless report on a even more meaningless early camp practice.

If there had been a major piece of breaking news in there, that would be one thing, worth possibly burning your source. 

As Burton and Nahlin said this isn’t a story 2 days into camp.  I agree.  If these guys are not with it or loafing in September then it’s a story but FCB is a hack so I’m not surprised he ran with this one.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

It has nothing to do with judgement. He doesn't care. 

Just like Bonitto ordeal. That had nothing to do with judgement. Even a complete moron would know it's not wise to post a hit piece on a coach a day before national signing day. Chip Brown has no problem harming the program and he's been willing to do it for years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 6

51 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

CFB loves publishing hit pieces, especially when he's able to pay off gambling debts by publishing these stories. 

The University is more culpable for this at this point by allowing FCB access

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I don’t think anyone believes he will be the back up. Nobody has even hinted at that, but it is always good to hear positives on younger players. 

I wasnt talking about this season. Card will be gone next season regardless, but Malik passing him in the spring would bode well.

Edited by Vertigo

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

Hall has gone through a culture shock at Texas where like Alabama he thought he was going to walk in and take a leading role next to Worthy.  But the other transfer from Wyoming has clearly established himself as the other WR 1 and Hall has been reeling.  Sources tell me that Bijan reached out to him but Hall rejected him.   It was Banks and Williams who approached Hall and simply by working out together they formed a solid bond of dudes bent on establishing their spot not expecting it to be given.   The bond he built with these freshman is stronger than any he has had in football and now he feels like a part of a group within the team, but Hall has found a home and some brothers among the big men.   I'll be back next week with another bullshit made-up implausible, or semi-plausible story based on nothing at all. 

Send your $9.94 to Nivek@burntendslostcup.com.

1 cent cheaper. Excellent business model. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That had nothing to do with judgement. Even a complete moron would know it's not wise to post a hit piece on a coach a day before national signing day. Chip Brown has no problem harming the program and he's been willing to do it for years. 

Just like Jeff Ketchum. He is perfectly fine with costing the program If it advances his agenda.

And I’ll call him Jeff because I don’t care how that fat shitbag actually spells his first name. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

On 8/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, ztejas said:

We don't need a fucking nice-footwork, game-manager QB out there. We need a guy that shows up riding a Harley with some skank from the night before hanging off the back and asks the offense "how many points you fuckers wanna hang on these pussies today?"

This program needs that dirtbag motherfucker hell bent on throwing bombs and squeezing passes into impossible windows and not giving a shit what happens. Those are the guys that cover up mistakes and let meh football teams punch above their weight class. Those guys can singlehandedly change the culture and bring out the nasty in everyone else. More than any coach could ever hope to. I know this because we've seen it. At Texas.

I refuse to believe Sark is going to put mr. yes sir no ma'am show up to practice on time keep his nose in the playbook out there for the first snap of the season. If he does then we may as well shut the program down. We have absolutely nothing to lose. Put it all on black and spin that shit and see what happens. If he's a disaster then whatever - just try it again with the next kid. 

Agreed. 

On 8/5/2022 at 12:52 PM, TornACL said:

I don't care how good Card looks in practice or how much anyone tries to tell me how much he's learned/grown/etc. 

Last year's refusal to pull the trigger on throws that were right there for the taking was enough for me. Next.

I refuse to believe that this is a competition, and I am convinced that the $9.95ers drum up a QB competition solely for the clicks.

Agreed.

Every year around this time we always see the same reports from $9.95ers. And, every year people pick a side and pick it apart ad nauseam. It’s like walking into a room full of children when they’ve been given a couple new toys to play with and the arguments start over which ball is better. 

“The blue is better because it bounces the highest and furthest!”

”No, the green ball is better because it’s easiest to throw and flies straight!”

All I really know, is this is Sub Selling Time and these $9.95ers know how to get a debate started. Rinse, repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like Card. Seems like a good dude. 

The problem I see is whenever you see a guy who later becomes a big time QB (or any position) as a freshman they will make mistakes, get beaten on, and lose games. But you never see them look scared to make a play. Never see them so frightened they look like they've shit their pants. Unfortunately Card looked exactly like that on the Arkansas field. 

Colt, VY, hell even Applewhite, Simms, and Ehlinger I don't ever remember seeing that. Even Gilbert, as bad as he was in 2010, wasn't doing that. I don't see how Card has what it takes mentally to be a great QB at this level. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The problem I see is whenever you see a guy who later becomes a big time QB (or any position) as a freshman they will make mistakes, get beaten on, and lose games. But you never see them look scared to make a play. Never see them so frightened they look like they've shit their pants. Unfortunately Card looked exactly like that on the Arkansas field. 

Colt, VY, hell even Applewhite, Simms, and Ehlinger I don't ever remember seeing that. Even Gilbert, as bad as he was in 2010, wasn't doing that. I don't see how Card has what it takes mentally to be a great QB at this level. 

This! 

Shane showed up and was ready to ball. He struggled down the stretch after some injuries but he was never scared. 

Sam had some WTF moments as a freshman that concerned me, but at least he made most of those while trying to make a play. You would rather your young QB try to make plays and make mistake than for them to be scared out their mind and freeze. There were plays to be made in that Arkansas game. Some big shots that could/would have turned the tide in that game. Even in the Kansas game Card was just going through the motions. 

The type of QB training he has had is good for pros who have shown the dog and talent to make it to the next level. They have the basics down and those stupid ass drills are trainings for when things break down. Card hasn’t learned how to handle a pocket or to relax and move on to the second read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Malik probably does. 

I had a brief interaction with Malik and LTG earlier this spring. I was in town for my oldest Daughter’s (DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT) sorority  “Dad’s Weekend” - anyway we ran into him and LTG at Kerbey Ln.  As we were waiting (for freaking ever) for a table, I asked them how things were going; are they having fun, getting acclimated, etc etc. Typical “Dad questions”. Then I asked them jokingly “OK, how many games are we gonna win?”   Malik looked me dead in the eyes and said, “All of ‘em!”  

38 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I didn’t “like” your comment as it relates to Card. I hate reading that and never want to just “write off” a kid.

I simply agree with your thoughts and think you’re on point.  I wish I wasn’t “scared to death” to see him back there, but…ugh.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Sam had some WTF moments as a freshman that concerned me

Sam Ehlinger's improvement from his freshman to sophomore year is one of the most dramatic year-over-year progressions I can recall. He was truly atrocious as a freshman.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I had a brief interaction with Malik and LTG earlier this spring. I was in town for my oldest Daughter’s (DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT) sorority  “Dad’s Weekend” - anyway we ran into him and LTG at Kerbey Ln.  As we were waiting (for freaking ever) for a table, I asked them how things were going; are they having fun, getting acclimated, etc etc. Typical “Dad questions”. Then I asked them jokingly “OK, how many games are we gonna win?”   Malik looked me dead in the eyes and said, “All of ‘em!”  

I didn’t “like” your comment as it relates to Card. I hate reading that and never want to just “write off” a kid.

I simply agree with your thoughts and think you’re on point.  I wish I wasn’t “scared to death” to see him back there, but…ugh.

If he can be the exception and put it together that would be fantastic. It's possible. I just can't remember a guy, at any level, that played QB that scared who later went on to be great. 

To be fair to Hudson, every Longhorn on the roster shit their pants against Arkansas… He was thrown to the wolves and got absolutely zero help from his OL, WR or the run game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2