2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

On 8/27/2022 at 3:52 PM, TankedBevo said:

I will say both picks weren't on him. The first the WR let it go right through both hands into the defenders and the second was a tipped ball by the WR. If they were better throws to begin with maybe they don't happen but it was clear his throws and decision making were progressively getting worse as the game went on. 

I heard this line in regards to golf but it works for football too...

"We're writing numbers not painting pictures"

2 second half INTs and an L is 2 second half INTs and an L no matter what the WRs did

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/1/2022 at 2:13 AM, MotownHorn said:

I heard this line in regards to golf but it works for football too...

"We're writing numbers not painting pictures"

2 second half INTs and an L is 2 second half INTs and an L no matter what the WRs did

While the bolded is true, you can't discount a misplay by the WR and blame the QB.  I'm not saying that was the case with Thompson, although at least the one I saw should have been caught.

You think WV fans are blaming JT Daniels for that pick 6 to lose last night?  I doubt it.

38 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

While the bolded is true, you can't discount a misplay by the WR and blame the QB.  I'm not saying that was the case with Thompson, although at least the one I saw should have been caught.

You think WV fans are blaming JT Daniels for that pick 6 to lose last night?  I doubt it.

Neither of them "should" have been caught. The second one was catchable but it required trying to catch a ball that was thrown too hard for the distance while in a contorted body position because it was also thrown behind him instead of leading him. That throw was too hard and 3 yards to the right on only a 12 yard toss. 

One of these (ints) is not like the other.

Get off the Casey bus and move on to a much better place. It’s like wanting to ride a bus in India with people hanging off the sides while you could be cruising in the air conditioned comfort of a brand new luxury coach. There might be a couple kinks to work out as it gets up to speed, but it’s all around better regardless of the situation.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Neither of them "should" have been caught. The second one was catchable but it required trying to catch a ball that was thrown too hard for the distance while in a contorted body position because it was also thrown behind him instead of leading him. That throw was too hard and 3 yards to the right on only a 12 yard toss. 

1st one should not have been picked, but that completely ignores the pass before was thrown directly to the defender and dropped. I am in full agreement on the second one. It is a bad throw. It is catchable, but it is a poor throw. I lot of his throws were high and behind the intended WRs in the 2nd half. If you are constantly asking WRs to make tough catches, it is probably you will get some unfortunate tips. 

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

While you're correct on the pass being bad, too hard etc, he most certainly should've caught it.  He's a fucking Division I football player.

I was always taught and believed that "If I can get my hands on it, I can/will/should catch it."  

Correct, the receiver should blame himself. So should the quarterback, competitors should look to what they could have done better. 

Which one of those two players does anyone really think did some self-reflection and self-blame after that play? Keep in mind the thing the receiver thinks he should have done was far more difficult than the thing the QB screwed up. When it comes to who is mostly at fault on that play it's not even close. The receiver had to make a very difficult catch. The quarterback had to make basically the easiest possible throw in football, a 5-7 yard in route. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Some of the UT fans on Twitter are delusional. This Ceddy dude & that Tarik dude  expectations are conference title games. Ceddy is ranting that Sark should be on the hot seat if UT goes 8-4. Gotta question how long these dudes been watching UT/CFB, because if you've watched UT football the last 12 seasons you know that UT teams depending heavily on 1st & 2nd team players ain't sniffing conference titles.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If you've watched UT football the last 12 seasons you know that UT teams depending heavily on 1st & 2nd team players ain't sniffing conference titles.

So you'll win more if you depend on your 3rd team players ???

giphy.gif 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Some of the UT fans on Twitter are delusional. This Ceddy dude & that Tarik dude  expectations are conference title games. Ceddy is ranting that Sark should be on the hot seat if UT goes 8-4. Gotta question how long these dudes been watching UT/CFB, because if you've watched UT football the last 12 seasons you know that UT teams depending heavily on 1st & 2nd team players ain't sniffing conference titles.

Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Who is Ceddy?

55 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So you'll win more if you depend on your 3rd team players ???

giphy.gif 

38 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Schitts Creek What GIF by CBC

LOL, That was a typo. I meant 1st & 2nd year players.

36 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Who is Ceddy?

Prominent UT fan on Twitter whose tweet I posted. He's often in those UT football discussion Twitter spaces.

7 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

6 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Huh? The mean win prediction is 8. The median is 8. The range is 7-9. How the hell does one interpret that as “one person thinks the team will be good and the other 4 do not”? They’re all essentially saying the exact same thing.

Context from his Twitter timeline: He thinks that UT has such a a talent advantage over the rest of the Big 12, if UT doesn't make the Big 12 title game this season that Sark should be on the hot seat. Which is why he's disappointed with the UT W-L record predictions of the IT staff. Even if UT goes 9-3 in the regular season that doesn't guarantee they'll make the Big 12 title game.

Edited by TheMailBox357

12 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I believe I've found where you erred.

11 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Prominent UT fan on Twitter whose tweet I posted. He's often in those UT football discussion Twitter spaces.

Not sure that word means what you think it means. Excluding the corporate/politician twats, twitter is a jackass circle jerk for nobodies with zero importance in life that find solace in spewing nonsense into the ether. The "UT football discussions" on Twat spaces are being done by obese basement dwellers with cheeto-dusted fingers (Hi, Ketch!) and absolutely zero knowledge or influence on the reality. Listening to toddlers argue about whether it is sprinkling or drizzling outside is a more constructive and meaningful endeavor.

An actual prominent UT fan gets things like the title of Minister of Culture from the institution itself. Don't give any legitimacy to the tailored jersey and jorts crowd. They're not the most passionate and/or knowledgable fans, they're just the toddlers of the crowd arguing over nonsense.

Local news was showing a few highlights from Texas practices, including several throws from Ewers. Holy crap his throws are light years better than what I’ve seen out of a Texas QB since Simms. The mechanics, the arm strength, the spiral, the speed of the ball. If he’s got the mental make-up, this could be a helluva ride with him at QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Local news was showing a few highlights from Texas practices, including several throws from Ewers. Holy crap his throws are light years better than what I’ve seen out of a Texas QB since Simms. The mechanics, the arm strength, the spiral, the speed of the ball. If he’s got the mental make-up, this could be a helluva ride with him at QB. 

His throwing motion looks like he's in the backyard playing catch with friends, but then the ball goes 50 yards to hit a wr right in the numbers right after he made his break

8 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Context from his Twitter timeline: He thinks that UT has such a a talent advantage over the rest of the Big 12, if UT doesn't make the Big 12 title game this season that Sark should be on the hot seat. Which is why he's disappointed with the UT W-L record predictions of the IT staff. Even if UT goes 9-3 in the regular season that doesn't guarantee they'll make the Big 12 title game.

He is a moron. Most people understand that young talent doesn’t guarantee high  production.

• Like 1