2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

IT injury notes (not good)

Hide contents

We’re not going into detail because we don’t know the real diagnoses but Sark isn’t addressing the media until Monday and this stuff will get out.

Roschon Johnson, Isaiah Neyor, Junior Angilau all left the field. Johnson was carted to the locker room, Neyor walked to the locker room, Angilau limped to the sideline.

Johnson’s is believed to be an ankle. We’re not speculating yet on the other two.

We have also heard Alfred Collins did not participate and it’s possible he’ll miss the first handful of games of the season. Sounds like he was injured earlier in the week.

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? We’ll get to the play on the field after we gather some more notes. It was definitely a first scrimmage judging by execution.

Angry Mark Cuban GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HornsofBevo said:

If this is the case and the two are close then Ewers should be named the starter on Monday so they can spend the next three weeks focusing on getting him ready for the season. Card has been a good solider but it’s time to move on and unite behind one QB. 

Sark is on record as saying he wants to build this thing from the ground up. That is long term. I think you saw that last year starting Card, he clearly, physically, had a higher upside than Thompson. We all know Ewers has a #1 pick NFL Draft arm but not sure about his head. We know what is in Cards' head. It resulted in shit running down his leg under pressure. Maybe he can get past that, I don't know. IMHO, the only reasons Ewers doesn't start is he doesn't know the playbook or he just repeatedly makes bad decisions resulting in turnovers. So far it seems to be the latter.

7 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

If this is the case and the two are close then Ewers should be named the starter on Monday so they can spend the next three weeks focusing on getting him ready for the season. Card has been a good solider but it’s time to move on and unite behind one QB. 

Maybe coaches want to start 0-2, get Card killed by Bama and then have Ewers come in rest of season with Murphy as QB2. 
Only logical reason to start Card. Unless Ewers has just been complete ass in film, on field, boned Sark’s wife etc

Sark isn’t helping anything with this QB drama. 

I'm less worried about RB. We're relatively deep there. I'm more concerned with Neyor. Hope he's alright. Expecting a big year from him. Sounds like it might be okay? Probably gonna rest him until the start of the season.

I don't think we can dismiss what we're hearing about the QB competition. It sounds like no QB pulled away. I wonder if this competition could stretch another week or (god help us) into the season. I just hope we have it sorted out by the Alabama game.

The defense winning the day doesn't concern me as much. We need them to be the stronger unit. A shut-down defense will give the offense extra opportunities. It's been a while since we had a ball-hawking defense flying around making plays.

Just now, lazygringo said:

It's stupid as fuck how we've been only wanting our offense to dominate. We rested Bijan and (I'm sure) Worthy so there's less reason to worry about that side of the ball.

Actually it’s stupid as fuck to think we have any shot at having a shut down defense this year.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Ketchup says that Neyor should be fine.. not sure if that's a good thing or not

Spoiler

2:10 p.m. update - Just talked to yet another source. Some quick-hitter notes …

--- QBs - both Card and Ewers flashed some good and some bad. Both threw INTs. Like multiple other sources earlier today, this person felt Card had the better day.

“If you were basing it just on this (scrimmage), you’d have to go with Card because he knows the system.”

--- Roschon Johnson is in a boot. Word from someone close to Roschon is that it’s a mild sprain and he’ll be fine.

--- I’m told Isaiah Neyor should be fine.

--- Junior Angilau’s injury happened when he was pancaked from behind by a defensive tackle. Unfortunate injury there.

--- Along with Bijan, I was told that RB Ky Woods actually had a solid day. He scored a TD.

--- Overshown flashed quite a bit. On the first play, he had a huge sack, showed great speed off the edge

--- As we’ve reported previously, this person said the offensive line struggled at times.

--- Maalik Murphy was on the sidelines but this person didn’t think he had a jersey on. Not sure what the deal was there but he apparently didn’t play at all.

--- Ovie Oghoufo was listed as having a good day.

--- Prince showed some flash and had a couple sacks. He ran with the 2s but someone said he needs to get better and more consistent with his effort.

--- Gary Patterson was behind the defense throughout the day taking notes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hide contents

--- QBs - both Card and Ewers flashed some good and some bad. Both threw INTs. Like multiple other sources earlier today, this person felt Card had the better day.

“If you were basing it just on this (scrimmage), you’d have to go with Card because he knows the system.”

--- Roschon Johnson is in a boot. Word from someone close to Roschon is that it’s a mild sprain and he’ll be fine.

--- Junior Angilau’s injury happened when he was pancaked from behind by a defensive tackle. Unfortunate injury there.

--- Along with Bijan, I was told that RB Ky Woods actually had a solid day. He scored a TD.

--- Overshown flashed quite a bit. On the first play, he had a huge sack, showed great speed off the edge

--- As we’ve reported previously, this person said the offensive line struggled at times.

--- Maalik Murphy was on the sidelines but this person didn’t think he had a jersey on. Not sure what the deal was there but he apparently didn’t play at all.

--- Prince showed some flash and had a couple sacks. He ran with the 2s but someone said he needs to get better and more consistent with his effort.

Excellent news if true (the injury part I mean). Seems odd Rojo would be carted off for a mild sprain though

Edited by Tex-19
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Hide contents

Who had Ky Woods on their scrimmage update bingo card? Better question, who the fuck is Ky Woods, did I miss something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My worries won’t start until next week this time and that’s only if we continue to hear that Ewers is still struggling to consistently get better. Obviously your going to have good and bad days, make mistakes, etc. But I’d like to hear some practice reports that indicate he was most certainly the better of the 2 that day(s).

Also, curiously noticed they said Blue got the majority of the work once RoJo got hurt. Keep low usage on Brooks for precautionary reasons you think? 

1 minute ago, Don Hornleone said:

Also, curiously noticed they said Blue got the majority of the work once RoJo got hurt. Keep low usage on Brooks for precautionary reasons you think? 

Maybe but we often forget that Blue was like the #1 RB recruit before his off-field stuff popped up. He might just be a beast on the field

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, lazygringo said:

Not sure why. We have the talent. We have 15 four-star DBs, some hungry DLs, and flashing LBs.

DB: I'm with you

DL: Hungry? At the buffet?

DE: Who?

LB: I'm not sure what exactly they're flashing. Unless our DL and safeties can mask them, I'm ready for more disapointment.

Just for discussions sake, and realizing it’s only 1st week in the books, who are some guys you were hoping to hear pop off/ stand out, but haven’t heard much from yet? Not including transfers or true freshman.

Mine is Ford, Sanders, and Crawford. Unless I missed it, haven’t seen much about these guys.

3 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Not sure why. We have the talent. We have 15 four-star DBs, some hungry DLs, and flashing LBs.

There aren't more than 3 shut down Ds in college football in any given season. Usually not even that many. We could have a pretty good defense but we aren't shutting down our schedule. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

Really? Hungry DL's, flashing LBs and 4 star DBs. Your description confirms they are unaccomplished and ain't done shit. I mean honestly there is not a player on defense who has ever performed consistently  on the college level. Have you watched Texas football for the past decade? User name checkouts

27 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

Are these 1 v 1’s btw? 

Since Bijan juked Mo Blackwell, I'm going to guess it was not.

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck. His leg has already been amputated.

Edited by TommyGufano

1 minute ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Really? Hungry DL's, flashing LBs and 4 star DBs. Your description confirms they are unaccomplished and ain't done shit. I mean honestly there is not a player on defense who has ever performed consistently  on the college level. Have you watched Texas football for the past decade? User name checkouts

It sounds like you're used to the NFL. Established players are kinda rare in CFB. Players are unknown commodities until they're not. All we have to go on is potential.

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Maybe but we often forget that Blue was like the #1 RB recruit before his off-field stuff popped up. He might just be a beast on the field

Rojo is the best pass blocking RB. That is where his lose will be felt the most 

35 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

Are these 1 v 1’s btw? 

Just based off Bijan running for a 50 yard TD by juking Blackwell, I am going to say 1s v 2s. Bijan certainly played early. Card started with ones, so that could also be a factor in the performances. Pure speculation though