2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

Ky's a good kid.  Played for Clear Springs and a solid back according to a couple coaches i know.  Talked to him for a good half hour about UT when I ran into him at a graduation party.  Not going to lie, when he told me he was going to UT as a running back i had to run to the bathroom to google who the fuck he was...  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'd like to think that Gary Patterson's mere presence has completely overhauled our defense into a well oiled machine in a very short time, but I also like to think that unicorns are real.

National Unicorn Day GIF by Storyful

The fact that our duct tape and Krazy glue defensive lineups won a scrimmage tells me that he's potentially making an impact already. Or PK is getting his system running a bit better in year 2. Or both. Or the O just had a shitty day. I just find it hard to believe the O Line has somehow gotten worse since last season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Honestly to me these reports sound in line with a pretty bad team coming of a 5-7 season with a staff who is fairly unproven to be able to improve talent.  

If Ewers hasn’t capitulated past of Card by now i think Card starts. 

WTF? The majority of this staff has a well documented history of being able to improve talent. Not on this campus but at previous stops. No need for gaslighting. Most of us aren't completely ignorant.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

with a staff who is fairly unproven to be able to improve talent

You're right. No one on this staff has a track record of developing talent. Not PK, not Sark, not Bo Davis. Marion is a bum too. Fat Pat certainly never got anyone playing above their ability. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're right. No one on this staff has a track record of developing talent. Not PK, not Sark, not Bo Davis. Marion is a bum too. Fat Pat certainly never got anyone playing above their ability. 

Idk dude. They didn’t take our poop roster from runny to solid in their first year, they clearly can’t develop. 

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It’s actually kind of funny that we are at the point now where certain people can’t even believe any positive information coming out of a practice or scrimmage.

Vernon Broughton didn't get the memo that his career was over because he didn't make a big impact as a RS freshman. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I would rather our practice reports read like Oklahoma’s!!! This is what zero sum is supposed to look like!!!

Spoiler

[SPOILER]*** Was told David Ugwoegbu was a problem today and a source said, “He was active and looked so much more fluid and athletic. He weighs a lot less than last year and it’s so noticeable. Especially in his play.”

*** WR Marvin Mims was “made some nice plays, but so did [Jacob] Hester and [Jayden] Gibson. Those three along with with Stoops, Wease and Farooq have been impressive all camp. WR unit looks explosive and more ready than previous years.”

*** Again, “DL looked really good and aggressive. They play with a nastiness that wasn’t prevalent in the past.”

*** Offense and DG looked good, but this defense could be a problem if they continue to grow and understand the additions scheme wise being thrown at them each week, from another source.

*** Spoke to a source and asked about specific players on defense and got Ugwoegbu (noted above) and Downs as standouts. Source said, “Downs is in the best place he has ever been in mentally and physically. That’s translated into his game on the field. That motor for his is different.”

*** Another positive note on Andrew Raym. A source said, “You can see the added strength.” Another source on the OL said, “Strength and ability to block a blitz will be the key Raym and OL. That will come as they grasp the playbook from Lebby more and more.

Another one said, “You can see the potential is there with the offense. Things are going to click and the OU defense may be one of the better ones they see, but that’s going to be known more come September.”

*** Defense is asserting their will at times. But no one thinks it’s offensive issues as they made some plays (more on that in a bit).

*** Source said players love what the staff and the program. One source saw it firsthand for the first time today and said, “after two hours they were smiling walking off the field. Even after a hard, hot, intense and physical scrimmage. That’s a big difference and first sign you know how much they love what this new staff is doing for them.”

*** Eric Gray and Gavin Sawchuk two names I have been told at running back that stood out today.

Source on Sawchuk saw him for first time today and added, “He made some big plays. Impressive back. Patient. Waits for blocks and then explodes. He has some speed too.”

Gray made some plays in passing game and run game. “Really good in space.”

Andrew Raym was starting at C and looked good, I’m told.

Defensive front is “good” and has some deity, from another first timer.

Offense and defense went red zone and goal line to end the scrimmage. Offense looked good in that and won some, but so did the defense. [/SPOILER]

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, lazygringo said:

It sounds like you're used to the NFL. Established players are kinda rare in CFB. Players are unknown commodities until they're not. All we have to go on is potential.

Cant stand the NFL, will not watch it.

"Established players are kinda rare." It is not rare for a player to perform well for say.. consecutive seasons.  That's what makes a good player good.

"All we have to go on is potential." I get your point. But isn't that also the problem. Potential means you havent done it yet and if that's all we are going on then having a shutdown defense is rather unlikely. Hope I'm wrong and you're right but "shutdown defense" are some strong words. I'd be satisfied with an improved, or competent defense. 

Edited by CptnJiggleBits

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Sure you can. 

You can tip the scales, which I am sure Sark would/will do. (There was a coach who admitted doing this in an interview). People talk about freshman starting at the bottom, Hall suspension, but you you want to say practice matters for everyone but Ewers. 

5 minutes ago, CptnJiggleBits said:

Cant stand the NFL, will not watch it.

"Established players are kinda rare." It is not rare for a player to perform well for say.. consecutive seasons.  That's what makes a good player good.

"All we have to go on is potential." I get your point. But isn't that also the problem. Potential means you havent done it yet and if that's all we are going on then having a shutdown defense is rather unlikely. Hope I'm wrong and you're right but "shutdown defense" are some strong words. I'd be satisfied with an improved, or competent defense. 

You sound like a Cowboys fan 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I would rather our practice reports read like Oklahoma’s!!! This is what zero sum is supposed to look like!!!

Reveal hidden contents

[SPOILER]*** Was told David Ugwoegbu was a problem today and a source said, “He was active and looked so much more fluid and athletic. He weighs a lot less than last year and it’s so noticeable. Especially in his play.”

*** WR Marvin Mims was “made some nice plays, but so did [Jacob] Hester and [Jayden] Gibson. Those three along with with Stoops, Wease and Farooq have been impressive all camp. WR unit looks explosive and more ready than previous years.”

*** Again, “DL looked really good and aggressive. They play with a nastiness that wasn’t prevalent in the past.”

*** Offense and DG looked good, but this defense could be a problem if they continue to grow and understand the additions scheme wise being thrown at them each week, from another source.

*** Spoke to a source and asked about specific players on defense and got Ugwoegbu (noted above) and Downs as standouts. Source said, “Downs is in the best place he has ever been in mentally and physically. That’s translated into his game on the field. That motor for his is different.”

*** Another positive note on Andrew Raym. A source said, “You can see the added strength.” Another source on the OL said, “Strength and ability to block a blitz will be the key Raym and OL. That will come as they grasp the playbook from Lebby more and more.

Another one said, “You can see the potential is there with the offense. Things are going to click and the OU defense may be one of the better ones they see, but that’s going to be known more come September.”

*** Defense is asserting their will at times. But no one thinks it’s offensive issues as they made some plays (more on that in a bit).

*** Source said players love what the staff and the program. One source saw it firsthand for the first time today and said, “after two hours they were smiling walking off the field. Even after a hard, hot, intense and physical scrimmage. That’s a big difference and first sign you know how much they love what this new staff is doing for them.”

*** Eric Gray and Gavin Sawchuk two names I have been told at running back that stood out today.

Source on Sawchuk saw him for first time today and added, “He made some big plays. Impressive back. Patient. Waits for blocks and then explodes. He has some speed too.”

Offense and defense went red zone and goal line to end the scrimmage. Offense looked good in that and won some, but so did the defense. [/SPOILER]

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hide contents

Yes, we need more reports where the offense and defense is awesome.. totally believable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

You can tip the scales, which I am sure Sark would/will do. (There was a coach who admitted doing this in an interview). People talk about freshman starting at the bottom, Hall suspension, but you you want to say practice matters for everyone but Ewers. 

Ewers is the only QB on the roster who has the potential to not suck when the lights come on this season.  That’s what most of us would like, a chance to not suck.  Card has always practiced well.  The previous staff compared him to Aaron fucking Rodgers after watching him practice.  When the mean people on the other team are trying to take take his fucking head off he fucking crumbles.  I don’t think another year in the system is going to change that.

6 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Have things calmed down a bit since the initial injury reports or are we still in panic mode?

Hearing Neyor is in bad shape and saying his last goodbyes to family before running that fly route into the great beyond. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Ewers is the only QB on the roster who has the potential to not suck when the lights come on this season.  That’s what most of us would like, a chance to not suck.  Card has always practiced well.  The previous staff compared him to Aaron fucking Rodgers after watching him practice.  When the mean people on the other team are trying to take take his fucking head off he fucking crumbles.  I don’t think another year in the system is going to change that.

I am not hoping Card is the guy. Card being awesome in practice is sort of an urban legend.  No idea how true that is. He beat out Casey who was like 8th in the Big 12 in QBR and by reports was not always on time to meetings. I am saying if Ewers gets completely out-played in practice it’s really hard to ignore that and sends a really shitty message. 

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That QB with 3 college snaps under his belt is our only chance to succeed at the position!!! Everyone else sucks! Trust me bro!

Card sucking is known.  I watched him suck with my own 2 eyes.  He sucked so badly that our coach chose to play a limp-armed qb with a broken thumb on his throwing hand over Card.  Yet he didn’t suck in practice as evidenced by him winning the starting job last year.  Getting scared when the lights come on would appear to be his problem.

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Card sucking is known.  I watched him suck with my own 2 eyes.  He sucked so badly that our coach chose to play a limp-armed qb with a broken thumb on his throwing hand over Card.  Yet he didn’t suck in practice as evidenced by him winning the starting job last year.  Getting scared when the lights come on would appear to be his problem.

Okay, but that doesn’t mean the other guy is our only chance of not sucking. What if he sucks too???

The backups with little to no playing time continues to be the most popular player in this fan base. Because if they have barely played then they haven’t messed up and still have potential!

I will wear my panty grippers and consume vast quantities of tequila every game until we wins!  Is it drama?  Is it trauma?  Hard to know until the whistle blows and the cannons fire!  Been that ways since i was a youngun, aint changing now.  As my Corch Johnny Brown in 7th grade Flag Football used to beat into us was the refrain, as he chopped down a hand into is palm, I wanna Win!  I wanna Win!  You boys needs to believe I wanna win!  And I am going to run you till you puke until you win!

I wanna Win🤘  

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You aren’t saying anything I haven’t said about Card’s composure. I just disagree with saying “it doesn’t matter how Ewers plays in practice, he is the starter”. That kind of shit had been plaguing Texas for a long time. It’s the kind of logic that will have Coburn starting. 

• Hook 'Em 2