2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

With PK + GP, I low-key think the defense is going to be badass by the end of the season… After all, they had far less raw talent to mold at UW and TCU.

Last year, the defense typically looked stout in the 1st half. With better depth, strong effort level, and injury luck, the D is capable of performing at a high level.

Biggest risks are 1) Losing buy-in from the team post-Bama waxing and 2) Becton’s S&C philosophy failing us yet again.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

44 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This is true, but both QBs are throwing picks. One of the few good things Card did last year was protect the football. He has 1 interception in 86 attempts in his career. Lot of things could be going on. Defense could have made new installs. Sark could be testing the Qbs. The last report had Ewers throwing 3-4 interception, but 2 were on the WRs. As much fun as all these reports are, most are second hand information and lack the necessary detail to make an intelligent opinion 

You can‘t be intercepted if you don‘t throw the ball (and if you consistently throw the deep ball 10 yards away from both the receiver and defender)

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Fuck around and find out…

6F737B9C-E833-4E93-9893-009601374B4F.jpeg

547AD1E9-97AE-4BB8-ACAD-BBB9894ADD01.jpeg

98F54DDF-C015-46D1-B6F4-467C828E7AF0.jpeg

Wonder if the CBS analyst job has as much time off as the Bears job did. Would be cool for Herman to keep showing support 

Edited by OB3
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Lol at Sark losing the fan base. Maybe he has lost the message board portion of the fan base. In particular Surly, where some of the most whiniest bunch of cunts of dumbass fans exist, a group apparently led by the site owner. I don't understand how some of you can be so fucking negative all the fucking time for a team you supposedly root for. Has to be a beating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Left to right, who's who?

One of them is my son. Glad he learned something in college…lol. One is named after a computer, one sounds similar to a former Baylor QB, one is a savior, one was a Top Gun instructor, and the other we’re still looking for.

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

247 brought this up a few weeks ago and I pretty much dismissed it because they were the only one, but IT mentioned it recently as well so it piqued my interest.

They said they saw/heard that the DL is doing a lot more penetrating vs a lot of the two gaping stuff we tried to do last year. I know 247 mentioned that Bo Davis got offered to go to LSU (and Florida I think) this offseason and part of what got him to stay is Sark said he could coach/deploy the DL in whatever way that he wanted. 

Obviously we have a few guys who could probably do well with penetrating or two gapping, but we also have a quite a few who definitely do not fit two gapping (Broughton, Collins when he’s on the interior, Sweat).

Definitely will be something to watch closely this season.

I’ve been thinking about this as well. Did our dline ( which many thought would be a strength last year) just suck? Or was PK trying to fit a square peg in a round hole because it was his system? We probably came closer than anyone realized to losing Bo Davis because of this. 

22 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

One of them is my son. Glad he learned something in college…lol. One is named after a computer, one sounds similar to a former Baylor QB, one is a savior, one was a Top Gun instructor, and the other we’re still looking for.

So their names are: Commodore, Robert Griffin II (RG2), JC, and Tom Skerritt…..  got it 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

If I played on the team I would be intensely preparing for Bama. I would be convincing myself that of course we can win and I would be breathing fire and ready to run over my mom to beat Bama. That would be a dream game. You play football at Texas to play in games like this.

But I don't play on the team. I can only look at Bama and then look at us and conclude a good result would be a score better than what we did against Arkansas last year. Don't get destroyed and try to show some progress. Unless Bama overlooks us and shows up high on pot like Michigan against Appalachian State we aren't winning. And Bama will be show up fired up and ready to murder us, they aren't overlooking shit.

But I am not conceding anything because I am not in a position to concede something. I would actually have to play on the team to do that.

This kind of post is so cringy... It's some hasbeen or neverwas telling all of us what a billy-badass he'd be. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Zeus said:

Big 12 is the no D league, there's no big 12 team going top 15.

This is a very, very stupid post. We had like 5 defenses in the top 25 of DFEI. 

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

agree. He is an all or nothing guy. He is really athletic, always has been. He makes a play and penetrates or he gets washed out. There is very little middle ground. 

Except he basically never makes a play in a game, just gets blown up. 

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

kind of funny, all of them were brought in to 2 gap. Broughton and Collins were basically the perfect 4i recruit. Not sure why Broughton and Collins turned out so soft.

Broughton has always been soft. He’s a basketball player in a football player’s body. It was obvious in HS he was massively overrated and soft as fuck. Him being what he is isn’t a surprise to people who were paying attention. He plays high, has a weak lower half, so it’s no surprise he’s soft and can’t anchor. Collina is a disappointment, but it sounds like he just hasn’t put in the work. 

29 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Figured the long haired freaky type hippie dude was computer guy, but not sure.  Damned sure doesn't look like any aggy I ever met.  He looks...normal, and cool?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

This kind of post is so cringy... It's some hasbeen or neverwas telling all of us what a billy-badass he'd be. 

Truth

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

If I played on the team I would be intensely preparing for Bama. I would be convincing myself that of course we can win and I would be breathing fire and ready to run over my mom to beat Bama. That would be a dream game. You play football at Texas to play in games like this.

But I don't play on the team. I can only look at Bama and then look at us and conclude a good result would be a score better than what we did against Arkansas last year. Don't get destroyed and try to show some progress. Unless Bama overlooks us and shows up high on pot like Michigan against Appalachian State we aren't winning. And Bama will be show up fired up and ready to murder us, they aren't overlooking shit.

But I am not conceding anything because I am not in a position to concede something. I would actually have to play on the team to do that.

rob gronkowski GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ousux said:

Gerry is the president of the Ethan Burke fan club..

I hope I can consider joining after the season

I've been high on him for a while too. I thought he had much more potential than Vasek. Vasek is a bit better right now, but Burke can get better in a hurry with his tools.