2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

55 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Why are arguing about Card or Ewers.  We should be working on getting Arch reclassified and on campus ASAP.  That will solve all the QB issues.  Am I right?  Actually seeing Ewers struggles makes it even more clear why the Mannings are ok with Arch sitting his first year.  Just because these guys are super talented doesn’t mean they are ready to go day one.  

Not sure about that.   I think Arch is the type to live in the film room and he’s also surrounded by 100+ years of football knowledge.  

My guess is ewers practice habits suck bc he’s had too much practice time and not enough game time . Putting him in live fire situations will turn up the practice intensity. Talent comes is more important than practice intensity I think. Let the talent see first hand why practice matters by getting crushed by bama.

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Negged for being a fucking bitch. Shoot your tickets to me - I'll go to every game.

Neg all you want. But it’s been 12 years of this shit. Anyone who has stuck through all that and still keeps paying the price increases deserves to do whatever they want with their tickets for another 8 wins or less season

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Card plays scared. How do you ever overcome that? Feels like more Herman era bullshit. Card is a gym rat but a pussy. Ewers is a stud but doesn’t “practice/prepare the right way”. Just play the the son of a bitch that will win games. 

And I here I thought I was the one who just made up practice reports based on absolutely nothing.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

And I here I thought I was the one who just made up practice reports based on absolutely nothing.  

If it’s the guy you want he’s mobile, if it’s the guy you don’t he’s playing scared. The guy you don’t like is a statue while the other guy gets praised for at least standing tall in the pocket.   It’s all about how you apply your favorite clichés. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Card will be named starter and look like a Heisman candidate against ULM, then he'll shit all over himself against Bama, as they beat the ever living fuck out of us. 

The Ewers era will begin in the second half of the Bama game; we'll run the table and set ourselves up for a NC run in 23.

I love waking and baking. 

EEE10690-42C4-4870-BF3B-650E964718C5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Card will be named starter and look like a Heisman candidate against ULM, then he'll shit all over himself against Bama, as they beat the ever living fuck out of us. 

The Ewers era will begin in the second half of the Bama game; we'll run the table and set ourselves up for a NC run in 23.

I love waking and baking. 

greater good sacrifice GIF by SYFY

32 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

My guess is ewers practice habits suck bc he’s had too much practice time and not enough game time . Putting him in live fire situations will turn up the practice intensity. Talent comes is more important than practice intensity I think. Let the talent see first hand why practice matters by getting crushed by bama.

Alright now we are just pulling stuff out of our ass

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Not sure about that.   I think Arch is the type to live in the film room and he’s also surrounded by 100+ years of football knowledge.  

You make a good point but are you surprised Quinn possibly isn’t ready day after skipping his senior year and hasn’t played in over a year.   There’s no question he should be the starter but fans needs to understand he’s going to look pretty awful in spots early.  Just have to let him figure things out in front of 100k fans.   It’s going to be like riding the Texas Cyclone roller coaster with Ewers.  We are going to be beat to shit when it’s done. The limitless upside is there and that’s just not the case with Card.  

2 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I just hope our team isn't as confused about WTF's going on as this board is.  

All part of the scheme. Your opponent has no way to prepare for your play style and tendencies when you, yourself, have no fuckin clue what’s going on. Sark Tzu, bitches

11 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I just hope our team isn't as confused about WTF's going on as this board is.  

21 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Suchomel just said on the OB youtube show that multiple people have told him that veteran leaders on the team think Card has outplayed Ewers in camp and believe as things stand today that he should start.

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I hear being a shitty fan and wasting money on tickets despite not attending is all the rage among the glitterati. Which model Tesla are you rocking these days? 

ill give away my tickets with the stipulation that you wear a “Neg” and “Ztejas” on the front of your shirts 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, stork642 said:

You make a good point but are you surprised Quinn possibly isn’t ready day after skipping his senior year and hasn’t played in over a year.   There’s no question he should be the starter but fans needs to understand he’s going to look pretty awful in spots early.  Just have to let him figure things out in front of 100k fans.   It’s going to be like riding the Texas Cyclone roller coaster with Ewers.  We are going to be beat to shit when it’s done. The limitless upside is there and that’s just not the case with Card.  

I think Quinn will eventually be a starter and probably is at least 50/50 for the ulm game.  Am i surprised Quinn isn’t a bookworm?  Not really.  Absurd talent, who has played in the same system since he was 12 and probably didn’t even look at Card as competition. He’s also distracted by nil imo

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Veteran leaders from a team that lost to Kansas at home l. L O L!!! Let’s see if we can get Suchomel to interview that strong team that lost to Kansas and see how much they loved chuckles. Hahahahaha. This has been embarrassing. Texags level embarrassing. 

I would take our QB room over aggy QB room... I think.

8 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Veteran leaders from a team that lost to Kansas at home l. L O L!!! Let’s see if we can get Suchomel to interview that strong team that lost to Kansas and see how much they loved chuckles. Hahahahaha. This has been embarrassing. Texags level embarrassing. 

The leaders on this offense (Bijan, Roschon, Whittington) were hurt in the Kansas game. Hell, Roschon was supposed to miss the game but had to come off the bench to relieve Bijan when he went down when we realized oh crap we are about to lose to Kansas.

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The leaders on this offense (Bijan, Roschon, Whittington) were hurt in the Kansas game. Hell, Roschon was supposed to miss the game but had to come off the bench to relieve Bijan when he went down when we realized oh crap we are about to lose to Kansas.

Those guys are all bad asses, individually. Not a single one of them knows what winning consistently feels like or looks like. Their opinion on what a winning QB in practice looks like means very little. Kyler Murray and Trevor Lawrence by all accounts don’t love football and their body language suggests they aren’t trying real hard. That’s clearly not a big deal because all those fuckers do is play the game at a high level. All I’m saying is this reporting has been pure bullshit and it’s embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/4/2022 at 12:43 PM, Domedriver said:

First play from scrimmage has both QE and HC next to each other with RoJo and BIjan behind them.  Then Chinese fire drill of motion, HC gets the snap but laterals to QE who hits Worthy deep for a TD!  
HC and QE both gets the start and Surly goes into complete meltdown!

that is my prediction!

and we win!🤘🤘🤘

This is the solution!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

All I’m saying is this reporting has been pure bullshit and it’s embarrassing. 

This reporting is doing exactly what Ketch intended it to do.  Drive clicks and discussion and ultimately revenue.  That is all that fat POS cares about.  As proven time and time again.   Longhorn TMZ.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1