Victor Wembanyama- basketball's NEXT next unicorn?

shadow_operative

Like an even taller Durant. Comparable skillsets for their ages, imo, although I don't recall KD having quite that "low" of a handle.

Just taller.

Wemby must live in the gym to develop that much skill instead of taking the easy route and playing to his height. Sky's the limit if he stays healthy.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Like an even taller Durant. Comparable skillsets for their ages, imo, although I don't recall KD having quite that "low" of a handle.

Eh. He doesn't have Durant's ball skills or release but he doesn't have to. I think he's a smarter defender. 

I just wonder how long his frame will last. I think Mark Eaton is the only guy that big to play over 800 games and he didn't do much but sit his ass in the paint. Chet has already missed a full season. Porzingis has never been able to consistently stay on the floor. 

Gobert has had a relatively good track record health-wise - I think you hope that Wemby has whatever genes Rudy has. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2022 at 8:12 AM, Message Board User said:

This guy is just next level.  Never seen anybody like him.  Just absolutely game-breaking.

I wonder if Victor and 18 year old Lebron were in the same draft who would go first.

Greg Oden

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Madonna at least had the good sense to mature her act. This clout chasing has-been still dressing and acting like a tween stalking a boy at the mall.

Now we have video that shows every word out of her mouth about the incident was a lie. And to seek battery charges with LVPD? Get fucked. Charge that bitch with a false complaint. She should slink back to her swamphole where her professional dental work will always keep her the most attractive to the locals.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It does make me feel old, though, to see Britney Spears too old and busted to even make it past an NBA player’s bodyguards.  

I've never felt more vindicated for preferring Christina Aguilera.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

wemby isn't going to blow everyone's tits off from the jump like lebron or luka; he's going to have his ups and downs. but he absolutely will be doing things that sever never seen on a regular basis. he's going to have nights where he struggles, and then the next night he'll go for 18 pts, 16 reb, 7 blk, 3 stl, 75% from the field. and that's as a rookie. you check back in two years, three years, five-six years? he might be the best player in the world. he's the definition of a can't -miss *prospect*. it'll take time, but he will be transcendent.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2023 at 12:33 PM, Pam Cummings said:

I've never been a fan of throwing the ball into the hoop counting as a dunk, tbh. It's impressive, but it's not the same to me. A rightful poster involves hanging on the rim, along with the sound of a true flush.

they need to come up with an official term for it. "throw down"; "superman"; "the dwight"; "chocolate thunder".  maybe one day "vanilla thunder." #letwhitekidsdream

Edited by shadow_operative

Dunking during the pregame layup lines was not allowed when I was in high school.  You could do it until the refs came out onto the court, but it was a technical if you dunked after they entered the building.  We all thought it was a stupid rule, and as rebellious teenagers, we did our best to mock the rule, and for those that were able, thrunking became a thing.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Dunking during the pregame layup lines was not allowed when I was in high school.  You could do it until the refs came out onto the court, but it was a technical if you dunked after they entered the building.  We all thought it was a stupid rule, and as rebellious teenagers, we did our best to mock the rule, and for those that were able, thrunking became a thing.

I always thought that was a weird rule as well...

On 7/10/2023 at 4:46 AM, conVINCEd said:

On 7/10/2023 at 6:58 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I always thought that was a weird rule as well...

Literally a rule created to make them feel better about being unable to dunk.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...