How many wins will Texas have this season?

perfectchaos007

How many wins will Texas have this season (2022)?   

274 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will Texas have this season (2022)?

• 4 or less wins (somehow regressed from last year)
    • 5 wins (same as last year)
    • 6 wins (bowl eligible)
    • 7 wins (7 win Steve lives up to his namesake)
    • 8 wins (About where Vegas puts us)
    • 9 wins (A little better than what was projected by oddsmakers)
    • 10 wins (Would be our 2nd 10 win season since 2009)
    • 11 wins (Best season since 2009)
    • 12+ wins (Team becomes immortalized for unironically bringing Texas "back")

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 11:56 PM

With pre-season camp now underway and the orange kool-aid flowin', its time to predict how many wins this 2nd year Sarkisian team finishes with. Yes, all post season wins would count to the total as well. I'm setting the poll to close on September 3rd. Nothing more than bragging rights for those who predict correctly. 

Edited by perfectchaos007

11 wins. The team will play better this year and a lot of teams in the Big 12 will take a step back. Last year's team competed in almost every game and on talent alone should have won 9-10 games. Their mental makeup and poor attitude towards the end of the season is what caused them to finish 5-7.  I believe a lot of that mentality has been shipped out the door. Qb, WR, TE, and O-Line should all be better and the defense should get to at least average with the players they brought in.

Edited by HornsofBevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HornsofBevo said:

11 wins. The team will play better this year and a lot of teams in the Big 12 will take a step back. Last year's team competed in almost every game and on talent alone should have won 9-10 games. Their mental makeup and poor attitude towards the end of the season is what caused them to finish 5-7.  I believe a lot of that mentality has been shipped out the door. Qb, WR, TE, and O-Line should all be better and the defense should get to at least average with the players they brought in.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8.  And almost every prediction will be based on reading clickbait bullshit about how great we are at QB with one guy who has never taken a meaningful snap and the other who couldn’t hold the job last year.  They might both be great but there is zero body of evidence for that so far.  Those same soothsayers will have paid little to zero attention to any other team in the conference and will just assume we have better talent because we’re Texas.  Our team was not good last year and it wasn’t just mental.  Others teams were better and more talented.   Those weren’t flukes.  Roster turnover should help but it’s a double edged sword. The guys good enough to hold their jobs this year are the same guys that lost 6 in a row.  The new faces that that are here are totally inexperienced.  I think we will be improved significantly but not what some are expecting.  This place sounds like the aggy roller coaster on its way uphill lately.  

Every time someone mentions how we were in most of those games we lost last year I want to scream, “You know who else was in those games?  The same teams you are discounting this year.”   How do you give us credit for being in a bunch of close losses and completely dismiss the teams that closed those games out as winners? 

We’re on the right track and I’m optimistic for the future but I don’t think it’s a single year swing of 6 extra wins. 

• Hook 'Em 3

ULM - W

Bama - L

UTSA - W

Tech - W

WVU - W

OU - Toss Up. Need to see how they replaced everyone worth a shit and their coach

ISU - W

OSU - L

KSU - W

TCU - W

KU - W

Baylor - Toss Up. If they replaced the drafted talent they lost with quality then L. If not then W. 

10-2 if Baylor and OU are wins

8-4 if Not

9-3 if one of them is. 

1 hour ago, petscii said:

Which week does the Fire Sark thread start?

It starts now with Banks, Campbell, Alfred Collins, and Sweat all 3rd string on opening depth chart from 9.95ers

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Looking back on it, I think (relative to peers) the 2021 Longhorns were the least talented since 1992 (Mackovic’s first year). The NFL wanted none of our draftable players. Phil Steele rates draftable players for the upcoming season, and the only ones of note are Robinson and Johnson (#1 and 25 at RB). Yes, Coburn, Overshown and Jamison are all listed, and he has also named scores of other players around the country that project higher. 
It doesn’t make sense, because we had several years of highly rated recruiting classes; you’d think some would have to pan out. It’s as if Herman’s recruiting system was able to zero in on and attract the less motivated 4 star players. 
5-7 sucked last year and losing to Kansas sucked. We can rightfully bitch about the defensive schemes. I still think a roster overhaul is the main need. We are fortunate that roster overhauls can happen faster in 2022 than 1992. 
I voted 8 wins, because I am an optimist. 

Edited by statsman

10 wins. Every year we see teams make dramatic turn around and there is no reason we can’t be that team. Consistent average QB play would have gotten us to 8 wins last year. PK had a terrible year no doubt but he has a record from Washington that says he can put together a salty defense. While we are a few players away from that we do have enough talent to dramatically improve in his second year. Also, these players need some damn continuity for once.

26 minutes ago, statsman said:

Looking back on it, I think (relative to peers) the 2021 Longhorns were the least talented since 1992 (Mackovic’s first year). The NFL wanted none of our draftable players. Phil Steele rates draftable players for the upcoming season, and the only ones of note are Robinson and Johnson (#1 and 25 at RB). Yes, Coburn, Overshown and Jamison are all listed, and he has also named scores of other players around the country that project higher. 
It doesn’t make sense, because we had several years of highly rated recruiting classes; you’d think some would have to pan out. It’s as if Herman’s recruiting system was able to zero in on and attract the less motivated 4 star players. 
5-7 sucked last year and losing to Kansas sucked. We can rightfully bitch about the defensive schemes. I still think a roster overhaul is the main need. We are fortunate that roster overhauls can happen faster in 2022 than 1992. 
I voted 8 wins, because I am an optimist. 

Herman attracted the less motivated 4star guys because they all got the wrong idea why they were coming here. That could have been corrected, but he kept kissing the players.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HornsofBevo said:

image.thumb.png.7f7f06b8a6be4de42ee561a02e9e3681.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 +/- 2

Floor is 8-4, ceiling is 12-0 (no CCG, bowl or playoff counted).

WouldaCouldaShoulda been 8-4 last year... there were at least three very winnable games in those 7 Ls. You know it, and I know it. If the coaches don't shit the bed, we'll be at least 8-4.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

With pre-season camp now underway and the orange kool-aid flowin', its time to predict how many wins this 2nd year Sarkisian team finishes with. Yes, all post season wins would count to the total as well. I'm setting the poll to close on September 3rd. Nothing more than bragging rights for those who predict correctly. 

Y’all need to read the damn explanation.  Son of a fucking bitch. The man with the pool specifically said us winning the CCG and both playoff games counts. That’s +3 for yalls dumb ass predictions. Factor it in people. Reading is fundamental. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Until I see anything different, I think one win better than last season is pretty optimistic, so 6.

I'm willing to go 7-5.  I've drank the cool aid waaaaay too much over the last decade.  Fool me 11 times shame on....fucking everyone.   I think our offense will be good but our defense has little talent and will get torched on the regular. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1

Y’all saying 6 wins will be good I really don’t think have paid any attention to the talent infusion, much of which is tested and proven at the college level, that we’ve had in the last 9 months. 
we lost nobody. We gained 3 guys that we know are good at college football and likely 5 or 6 others that will be. We have a coupe special players coming in. 
Our WR room, for example, went from the worst that room has been this century to the best in the conference and top 5 in the country. 
we literally lost every 50/50 game out there last year which is just buzzards luck. Our record could not have been worse than 5-7. If we’d have done nothing more than play the season 100 times again without changing anything we’d have probably gone 7-5 as often as any other result. 
mine as joking about 14 wins but seriously- if this team doesn’t win 9 it’s a fucking abject disaster and we should be back channeling new head coaches. Or- we had some ugly injury luck. That is always a context that needs to be paid attention to. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Y’all saying 6 wins will be good I really don’t think have paid any attention to the talent infusion, much of which is tested and proven at the college level, that we’ve had in the last 9 months. 
we lost nobody. We gained 3 guys that we know are good at college football and likely 5 or 6 others that will be. We have a coupe special players coming in. 
Our WR room, for example, went from the worst that room has been this century to the best in the conference and top 5 in the country. 
we literally lost every 50/50 game out there last year which is just buzzards luck. Our record could not have been worse than 5-7. If we’d have done nothing more than play the season 100 times again without changing anything we’d have probably gone 7-5 as often as any other result. 
mine as joking about 14 wins but seriously- if this team doesn’t win 9 it’s a fucking abject disaster and we should be back channeling new head coaches. Or- we had some ugly injury luck. That is always a context that needs to be paid attention to. 

Lol Sark has won 9 games only once in his 8 year coaching career and it took him 13 games to do it

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

8 wins, same as the ags.  I'd say then we'd meet them in a bowl game but they'll duck us as long as they can.

Last year, they claimed COVID to back out of their bowl. This year, they'll use monkeypox as the excuse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

You guys predicting 9 wins are crazy. That defense isn't stopping anybody. 

I picked 8 wins, I'm hoping for fewer 4th quarter collapses in games where we're leading by double digits at the end of the 3rd.  

It's entirely possible I'll be disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Lol Sark has won 9 games only once in his 8 year coaching career and it took him 13 games to do it

Cool. I will pay you $1,000 for 6 wins or less but you owe me $1,000 for 9 wins or more. If it goes 7-8 it’s no bet or, conversely, we donate $100 to Burn Endz. Sound good?  Or do you have a micro peen? 

• Haha 2

I say 7. It puts us squarely in purgatory.

I have yet to see any recruiting for the past decade actually pay off, so I don't give shit about it. 

We've won 5 games almost as many times as we've won 8+ since 2010. Our program is Purdue, Wake Forest, Cal, South Carolina, Nebraska, just with a bigger name until proven otherwise.

image.png.e69c2a5303a48e07842b58d890e97e0b.png

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

Not losing to Kansas. ISU lost a lot of talent and we get them here. WV was not good last year and lucked into some wins and are rebuilding again. We ran off the defensive walk ons and guys who don’t like to tackle, cover, or generally play football (hopefully).
That’s +3.
This isn’t a championship roster yet, but 8 wins should be possible in year two.

• Like 2

Cool. I will pay you $1,000 for 6 wins or less but you owe me $1,000 for 9 wins or more. If it goes 7-8 it’s no bet or, conversely, we donate $100 to Burn Endz. Sound good?  Or do you have a micro peen? 

lol I’ve seen you trying to bet on the last two threads I’ve clicked on. Respect for feeling yourself.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I have yet to see any recruiting for the past decade actually pay off, so I don't give shit about it. 
We've won 5 games almost as many times as we've won 8+ since 2010. Our program is Purdue, Wake Forest, Cal, South Carolina, Nebraska, just with a bigger name until proven otherwise.

That’s ridiculous and insulting. Cal swept Texas.

All depends on Ewers and PK. If Ewers figures it out, the O will be beastly. There's enough talent on D to be at least respectable, PK and co just need to coach it.

If both of the above get moderately accomplished, 9 wins. If not, 6 or 7. Who tf knows

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

ryan reynolds lol GIF by Lionsgate

vomit GIF