How many wins will Texas have this season?

perfectchaos007

How many wins will Texas have this season (2022)?   

274 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will Texas have this season (2022)?

• 4 or less wins (somehow regressed from last year)
    • 5 wins (same as last year)
    • 6 wins (bowl eligible)
    • 7 wins (7 win Steve lives up to his namesake)
    • 8 wins (About where Vegas puts us)
    • 9 wins (A little better than what was projected by oddsmakers)
    • 10 wins (Would be our 2nd 10 win season since 2009)
    • 11 wins (Best season since 2009)
    • 12+ wins (Team becomes immortalized for unironically bringing Texas "back")

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/22 at 11:56 PM

I don't normally respond to your posts like this, but this one is especially bad. It's so bad 6th street repped you. Think about that and then feel bad. 

@Tech - So let me get this straight. You think Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, and Garrett Gilbert can bumblefuck their way out of Lubbock with wins, but somehow this team with the most explosive offensive skill talent in decades is going to somehow shit the bed against a first year head coach inheriting a terrible roster? K

OU - We were smoking their asses last year and the guy who came in off the bench and put on a superman cape to bring them back isn't on the roster anymore, nor are their best coaches, nor are many of their best players. Literally every position is downgraded from last season. It's a rivalry game so anything can happen, but we should go in knowing we are going to win. 

@OSU & @KSU - OSU will be a legitimate test, but our losses to them over the years has largely been due to us beating ourselves. I feel it is a winnable game, but if we do lose then it is what it is. KSU is the most puzzling fools gold of the offseason. They were the team that stopped our 6 game slide last year at our lowest possible morale moment and we beat them without a QB. We have run over, around, and past them since Kleimann has been there. So now they want to roll out Adrian Martinez and people think they are going to be 5 wins better this season in conference? A guy who has never thrown for more than 2800 yards, has not topped 2000 yards twice, and has thrown for close to 10 interceptions per season? That sounds delightful. 

@Kansas - This one is going to be a hate fucking. Their fan in the stands will seek shelter at Phogg Allen by the end of the third quarter. 

Sure we could lose 2 of these games, but we shouldn't. I will be disappointed if we aren't 4-1 against these teams. 

That last sentence is really what it comes down to. Look at Sark’s track record, and even the track record of the guys on the roster here before him. Where do you get the impression they’re not going to lose games they shouldn’t?

I hope your confidence is proven right but I don’t see it.
UTSA went 12-2 last year.  They are definitely one of the possible losses.  But to get to 9 (assuming you don't count bowls) just takes winning the 8 we should be favored in plus one of Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. or Baylor.  Its definitely possible.  But I do think 7 is the most likely number.  More likely we lose one of the 8 as favorites than win 1 of the 4 as dogs.

That is what UTSA was supposed to be.  But they improved quicker than expected.  Its not a sure thing.
Although I expect our losses to be Alabama, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Baylor and one of TCU, ISU or KSU.

Last year’s garbage Texas team controlled the game against a ULL team with like 20 returning starters, coming off back to back 10 win seasons, and that proceeded to go 13-0 after that point.

There talent gap between the P5 and G5, outside of a select few G5 programs of which UTSA is not one (and most of which are moving up to the Big 12) is enormous. Texas is not losing to UTSA and I doubt the outcome is ever seriously in doubt.

On 8/5/2022 at 3:12 PM, Rimbo said:

But you know I'm right.

And when we're 1-2, y'all will be running around like Chicken Littles with their heads cut off, screaming to burn it all down. Even though this is entirely expected, given that we'll be starting a bunch of guys who were at prom six months ago.

I was at prom six months ago.

Stranger Stalking GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Stop. UTSA and fucking UL are bought wins. Don't be stupid and act like Texas is in the business of paying for losses. 

Maybe a team and (fans) that just lost at home to fucking Kansas should avoid taking anything for granted. While your statement is generally true, Texas has repeatedly show the ability to step on its own dick so forgive me if I refuse to chalk anything up to a win until 00:00.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Maybe a team and (fans) that just lost at home to fucking Kansas should avoid taking anything for granted. While your statement is generally true, Texas has repeatedly show the ability to step on its own dick so forgive me if I refuse to chalk anything up to a win until 00:00.

Uh losing to Kansas isn't even in the same solar system as losing to UTSA. Stop being such whiney cunts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

Uh losing to Kansas isn't even in the same solar system as losing to UTSA. Stop being such whiney cunts. 

You don't seem to realize how bad KU was last year.  They beat us and also South Dakota by 3.  They were 108 in the Massey composite, with only Duke, Vandy and Arizona in the P5 below them--and they lost 52-33 to Duke.  UTSA was 34.

I’m in for 10. 9-3 to end the regular season (7-2 conf). Win CC/lose bowl, or lose CC and win bowl. 

I tend to believe that our offense will click more and more as the season progresses. Only have one true road game (@ TTech) during the first 7 games of the year. It’s probably as favorable a situation as one can ask for given the circumstances. 

I see our team ceiling this year as “good”, with the defensive side of the ball denying any chance of “great/elite”. However, besides Bama, none of our opponents have a ceiling higher than “good” either. 

At the end of the day, the outcome of the season hinges upon how quickly Quinn is able to learn the offense and identify coverages.  Simple as that

On 8/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

I say 7. It puts us squarely in purgatory.

I have yet to see any recruiting for the past decade actually pay off, so I don't give shit about it. 

We've won 5 games almost as many times as we've won 8+ since 2010. Our program is Purdue, Wake Forest, Cal, South Carolina, Nebraska, just with a bigger name until proven otherwise.

image.png.e69c2a5303a48e07842b58d890e97e0b.png

God that's infuriating. Only 1 season with less than 4 losses and it was the covid season... 

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2022 at 4:46 PM, Rimbo said:

What I see in this poll: Disappointment.

Anyone picking more than 7 wins is being ludicrously unrealistic.

The two positions that need the most experience to develop, QB and OL, have upgraded the talent level... With freshmen. That means we've got a couple of years before they're any good.

Those of y'all who negged me ... you may now apologize.

Told you it'd be a rough season, but no... you were all like "YEAH WE GONNA HAVE 10 WINZ" you dumb fucks.

Edited by Rimbo

On 8/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, Vertigo said:

@Tech - So let me get this straight. You think Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, and Garrett Gilbert can bumblefuck their way out of Lubbock with wins, but somehow this team with the most explosive offensive skill talent in decades is going to somehow shit the bed against a first year head coach inheriting a terrible roster? K

ApprehensiveCompetentConure-max-1mb.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

I don't normally respond to your posts like this, but this one is especially bad. It's so bad 6th street repped you. Think about that and then feel bad. 

OU - We were smoking their asses last year and the guy who came in off the bench and put on a superman cape to bring them back isn't on the roster anymore, nor are their best coaches, nor are many of their best players. Literally every position is downgraded from last season. It's a rivalry game so anything can happen, but we should go in knowing we are going to win. 

@OSU & @KSU - OSU will be a legitimate test, but our losses to them over the years has largely been due to us beating ourselves. I feel it is a winnable game, but if we do lose then it is what it is. KSU is the most puzzling fools gold of the offseason. They were the team that stopped our 6 game slide last year at our lowest possible morale moment and we beat them without a QB. We have run over, around, and past them since Kleimann has been there. So now they want to roll out Adrian Martinez and people think they are going to be 5 wins better this season in conference? A guy who has never thrown for more than 2800 yards, has not topped 2000 yards twice, and has thrown for close to 10 interceptions per season? That sounds delightful. 

@Kansas - This one is going to be a hate fucking. Their fan in the stands will seek shelter at Phogg Allen by the end of the third quarter. 

Sure we could lose 2 of these games, but we shouldn't. I will be disappointed if we aren't 4-1 against these teams. 

Lol

On 8/8/2022 at 4:41 PM, bullet said:

I think it will start with the 2nd loss.  And there will be 5 losses.  Sark hasn't proven yet he knows how to win.  And we are playing 4 teams who are definitely better than us.

Well I was accurate on this one so far.  The fire Sark thread has popped up.

Maybe things will come together and I will be wrong on the 2nd sentence, but I'm not optimistic.

3 hours ago, sportsbay said:

Correct, and no I never negged you.  Sark did lose to a high school coach with shitty talent.  Check that one off the bucket list.

Ewers is gone after next year, then this shit show starts all over.  This is the main reason is sink $0 into supporting this team.  They are not dependable and probably never will be.  Do yourself a favor and divorce yourself from Texas Football.  I hear the Volleyball team is decent.

I did.  Several years ago.  

Losing to Tech just puts more pressure on the remainder of the season.  Now if we lose to WV, we go to Dallas as 2 TD underdogs to OU with a 2-4 record and the national narrative starting to be about who replaces Sark, and the recruiting wheels start to shake mightily.  Coming out of OU 2-5 probably means Sark is done.

That said, nothing regarding expectations has changed since preseason.  Oddsmakers pegged us for 8 wins, which means 5 losses, and one of those would have had to come to a team we were favored against.  Losing a road game to a team likely to go bowling doesn’t have to be a coffin nail.

If by some unexpected turn of events we beat WV and OU, we will be back ranked and firmly back in the mix for the Big 12.

I still expect us to win 7-8 games, with 9 wins being more likely than 6 wins.

4 minutes ago, TriStone said:

In fairness, if Ewers doesn't get hurt we're 3-1 at worst and 4-0 at best.

Possibly. He'd convert some of those things Hud missed. He might turn the ball over as much or more.

Ewers doesn't improve our defensive play, any, and their inability to get off the field was the #1 reason we lost today.

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Losing to Tech just puts more pressure on the remainder of the season.  Now if we lose to WV, we go to Dallas as 2 TD underdogs to OU with a 2-4 record and the national narrative starting to be about who replaces Sark, and the recruiting wheels start to shake mightily.  Coming out of OU 2-5 probably means Sark is done.

That said, nothing regarding expectations has changed since preseason.  Oddsmakers pegged us for 8 wins, which means 5 losses, and one of those would have had to come to a team we were favored against.  Losing a road game to a team likely to go bowling doesn’t have to be a coffin nail.

If by some unexpected turn of events we beat WV and OU, we will be back ranked and firmly back in the mix for the Big 12.

Discussed in another thread but barring some sort of scandal sark will be here at least four years.  

my prediction is 7 wins

• 3 months later...

Team finished 8-5, same record as the 2019 team. Congrats to those who chose "8", but it looks like the majority of y'all overestimated this Texas team for the 12th time in 13 seasons. We'll try again next year, and congrats to those below who get off season bragging rights

lilMAC25

SpongeBob

CowtownHorn

Teebox

TX Wing Fan

PDX_Horn

hornian

Your Mom

Wizlon

mvlonghorns

Bevojosh

LTtxfan

statsman

T-shirt Sip

4th&Five

GreenspointTexas

speed817

Sandman

Tylerocks

T’Boo Ted Marshall

utee94

DFW Horn

Dick Tremayne

LebongJames

Big Jake

Native Horn

buildertex

WithoutAClue

thrillhammer

Pdawg88

cochamps

Tex-19

burdine

pearlandhorn

TexasPride10

Dnaguy

Wayne

alincoln

boilerhorn

Nope

Droopy

PantsTent

LonghornSean

BigOrange1

Valmy77

Deej

FWD

MuellerHorn

Royal Horn

SKA the boss

USNALonghorn

LurkingHorn

TheAuditor

SimonBolivar

Teamdirtyleg

Sock Monkey

Scraps

Hookem2147

0xdeadbeef

Pig Bellmont

TexasFan21

talbott08

Left Coast

jwtexan

Welch

Enchubben

Grasshopper

Fluffypancakes

GTX Horn

Levi

bolverk

The Dark Knight

Schulz2.0

deac_tracy

bad_teammate

Chief Ouray

Dark Horse

Clubber Lang

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 7

On 8/4/2022 at 1:59 AM, Hermanator said:

ULM - W

Bama - L

UTSA - W

Tech - W

WVU - W

OU - Toss Up. Need to see how they replaced everyone worth a shit and their coach

ISU - W

OSU - L

KSU - W

TCU - W

KU - W

Baylor - Toss Up. If they replaced the drafted talent they lost with quality then L. If not then W. 

10-2 if Baylor and OU are wins

8-4 if Not

9-3 if one of them is. 

Pretty damn close. Of course never saw TCU coming. Called 2 of the other losses and just missed the tech debacle. Thankfully OU and Baylor sucked

On 9/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, Snake Diggity said:

LoL nothing surprising happened after the Tech loss.  Really sucks to kick the shit out of OU and it doesn’t really matter.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:39 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Team finished 8-5, same record as the 2019 team. Congrats to those who chose "8", but it looks like the majority of y'all overestimated this Texas team for the 12th time in 13 seasons. We'll try again next year, and congrats to those below who get off season bragging rights

DFW Horn

Dammit, I was hoping we'd do better than 8 wins.

But, I'll get a head start and pick 9 wins for 2023 anyway. We should be better, but Sark will fuck up at least 1 or 2 games. Plus, no Bijan will obviously hurt. 

8 wins and after last year I was glad to get them.

Though that Oklahoma State game is going to bother me for a long time. And I knew they were going to blow their season that day, the whole week leading up to it I could feel the choke coming. Gundy on the road? No chance. I don't care if Oklahoma State is the worst team in the league, Texas is going to lose that game. Oklahoma State is just where we come up small. And if Texas won that game the whole season would have been a success, Texas would have played for the Big 12 title and who knows what might have happened? Just pathetic. And the weird thing is this tendency is a carry over from Herman.

I don't know which team in the SEC Texas will decide to just not show up against year after year. At least it will be a change of pace. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

8 wins and after last year I was glad to get them.

Though that Oklahoma State game is going to bother me for a long time. And I knew they were going to blow their season that day, the whole week leading up to it I could feel the choke coming. Gundy on the road? No chance. I don't care if Oklahoma State is the worst team in the league, Texas is going to lose that game. Oklahoma State is just where we come up small. And if Texas won that game the whole season would have been a success, Texas would have played for the Big 12 title and who knows what might have happened? Just pathetic. And the weird thing is this tendency is a carry over from Herman.

I don't know which team in the SEC Texas will decide to just not show up against year after year. At least it will be a change of pace. 

We got a sneak peak of that team last year. It’s Arkansas 

• Rage+1 1

• 2 months later...