How many wins will Texas have this season?

perfectchaos007

How many wins will Texas have this season (2022)?   

274 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will Texas have this season (2022)?

• 4 or less wins (somehow regressed from last year)
    • 5 wins (same as last year)
    • 6 wins (bowl eligible)
    • 7 wins (7 win Steve lives up to his namesake)
    • 8 wins (About where Vegas puts us)
    • 9 wins (A little better than what was projected by oddsmakers)
    • 10 wins (Would be our 2nd 10 win season since 2009)
    • 11 wins (Best season since 2009)
    • 12+ wins (Team becomes immortalized for unironically bringing Texas "back")

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/22 at 11:56 PM

1 hour ago, TriStone said:

Do yourself a favor and put that idiot on ignore.

@immamac should add a feature that tells you how many people have you on ignore. No need to say who it is, just a total. Fuck rep, that will really give everybody some insight into what people think of their takes haha. 

Edited by WinningIsHard
English is hard
  • Hook 'Em 2

Win  - Louisiana–Monroe    
Loss - Alabama
Win  - UTSA    
Win  - at Texas Tech    
Win  - West Virginia    
Win  - Oklahoma*
Win  - Iowa State    
Loss - at Oklahoma State    
Loss - at Kansas State    
Win  - TCU    
Win  - at Kansas    
Win  - Baylor

* OU Sucks Ass

41 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Win  - Louisiana–Monroe    
Loss - Alabama
Win  - UTSA    
Win  - at Texas Tech    
Win  - West Virginia    
Win  - Oklahoma*
Win  - Iowa State    
Loss - at Oklahoma State    
Loss - at Kansas State    
Win  - TCU    
Win  - at Kansas    
Win  - Baylor

* OU Sucks Ass

You serious, Clark? You really think we can beat Kansas this fall?

46 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I may be one of the few people here more confident in us beating UTSA than Kansas. 

I hear you, but I'd go the other way. I think avenging the loss last season carries enough weight that we won't look past them. UTSA, on the other hand, has a good enough coach that we have to pay attention there. So, yeah, I'm more concerned about UTSA than KU. 

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

lol I’ve seen you trying to bet on the last two threads I’ve clicked on. Respect for feeling yourself.

I like betting with CTJ- it’s fun. 
I like testing people that say stupid shit to see if they actually believe it or are just giant flaming vaginas on the internet. I got my answer on that one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

What I see in this poll: Disappointment.

Anyone picking more than 7 wins is being ludicrously unrealistic.

The two positions that need the most experience to develop, QB and OL, have upgraded the talent level... With freshmen. That means we've got a couple of years before they're any good.

Get real. We're going to be 1-2 to start the season. Possibly even 0-3. We should improve as the season progresses, and a relatively weak conference will allow us to get a winning record.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

Somewhat optimistically going with 7 wins. Our front seven is going to be dismal, a combination of green freshmen and JAG upperclassmen at LB and edge. No trusted option at LT to protect Ewers either. Teams will be able to take the air out of the ball, run at will against our front 7, convert 3rd and longs without worrying about pressure off the edge and keep our offense off the field.

But we have talented, experienced WRs and a QB who can get them the ball, plus what should be a strong secondary. And Bijan is capable of some pretty amazing things. I think it all evens out to 7-8 wins depending on how the chips fall. Honestly, I'll take that if we can just beat blOU. We cannot lose five straight to those fucks again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

The two positions that need the most experience to develop, QB and OL, have upgraded the talent level... With freshmen. That means we've got a couple of years before they're any good.

Get real. We're going to be 1-2 to start the season. Possibly even 0-3. We should improve as the season progresses, and a relatively weak conference will allow us to get a winning record.

Eh I mean after the last decade or so I think I am beyond disappointment.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well this is certainly a take

OK, 0-3 is probably ridiculous. But y'all have wayyyyyyyyyy underestimated the time it takes for the impact players we've recruited to, well, you know... have an impact.

We are moving in the right direction. But

• The fuckery Sark inherited doesn't get un-fucked in one season.
  • Our defensive coaching staff is fine on an individual level, but suspect as a group.
  • Our OL, QB have been vastly upgraded in talent, but they're freshmen. They're teenagers.

And, we are yet again only in the second year of a completely brand-fucking-new system on both sides of the ball.

Look, I want to win. I want us to be the gods of all football. NIL is going to get us there, because we have guys like CTJ, Rob, immamac and (pardon me while I vomit in my mouth partially just saying this) SydneyCarton particpating in organizing the most badass NIL system in the nation. Our coaching staff, believe it or not, does not suck

But this is not (yet) our year.

Now if we are still winning only 7 games a year in, say, 2024? Then I'll be on the "Sark gotta go" bandwagon. With ferocity.

OK, 0-3 is probably ridiculous. But y'all have wayyyyyyyyyy underestimated the time it takes for the impact players we've recruited to, well, you know... have an impact.
We are moving in the right direction. But
  • The fuckery Sark inherited doesn't get un-fucked in one season.
  • Our defensive coaching staff is fine on an individual level, but suspect as a group.
  • Our OL, QB have been vastly upgraded in talent, but they're freshmen. They're teenagers.
And, we are yet again only in the second year of a completely brand-fucking-new system on both sides of the ball.
Look, I want to win. I want us to be the gods of all football. NIL is going to get us there, because we have guys like CTJ, Rob, immamac and (pardon me while I vomit in my mouth partially just saying this) SydneyCarton particpating in organizing the most badass NIL system in the nation. Our coaching staff, believe it or not, does not suck
But this is not (yet) our year.
Now if we are still winning only 7 games a year in, say, 2024? Then I'll be on the "Sark gotta go" bandwagon. With ferocity.

Oh, I’m with you on the 7 wins thing. I don’t see a way this team wins more than 8. 6 is way more likely than 9 to me.

But Texas ain’t losing to no damn ULM or UTSA.

Im voting 9 wins just because I think Patterson will either help out with the Defense or end up taking it over because PK becomes a total bust.

At the very least, having Patterson on the staff with his old boss as AD has to make PK and maybe even Sark sweat a little and get motivated to put out a better product..

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think 7 regular season wins should realistically be the floor for this team. We have addressed the majority of our roster issues in the off season, even though we are still super young at some positions (mainly OL, but also QB, EDGE) and will see some growing pains there. I do think that the defense will take a step forward this year (and to be fair it really can't get much worse, but not playing BJ Foster probably gives us the 2 extra wins already). Being in the same system for the second year should definitely help and a lot of times we had players in position last year but they just couldn't finish the play... I think Cook at safety will help us a lot in terms of tackling over the course of this season. 

However, I'd like to get hurt, so I'm going with 9 wins and will probably be disappointed (depending on the context) if we end up with less than 8

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

If it starts to look like we only win 7 games this year, this place is going to come unglued. At least that will be entertaining.

Have I acquired some kind of time machine? Is it 2010? Surely winning 7 games would be a decent season these days.

16 hours ago, Rimbo said:

You are absurd. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/4/2022 at 1:59 AM, Hermanator said:

ULM - W

Bama - L

UTSA - W

Tech - W

WVU - W

OU - Toss Up. Need to see how they replaced everyone worth a shit and their coach

ISU - W

OSU - L

KSU - W

TCU - W

KU - W

Baylor - Toss Up. If they replaced the drafted talent they lost with quality then L. If not then W. 

10-2 if Baylor and OU are wins

8-4 if Not

9-3 if one of them is. 

It starts now with Banks, Campbell, Alfred Collins, and Sweat all 3rd string on opening depth chart from 9.95ers

I'm mostly with this analysis.  I think ou/baylor is 1-1 and OSU is kryptonite.  That said I think bama is a W.  they lost the NC last year and lost a bunch of talent.  Saban doesn't typically do the whole bravado thing and he's certainly doing that this year.  I think he's burnt out and realizes he doesn't have that good of a team so he's trying to do what he can to keep recruiting up and keep the media under the tent with him.  Sark also tends to peak early in a season so I see him smashing teeth for the first few games, which includes a W over bama.

That said I think the grind of conference play causes some whiffs down the stretch.  I'm thinking OSU is an L, one of baylor/ou is an L, and then we drop one or two surprise conference games toward the end of the season to crush our collective spirits.

So 8-4, maybe 9-3 heading in to bowl season.

Edited by ermahgerdhorn
Y U QUOTE TWICE