Tom Herman joins CBS sports network as analyst

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Herman: “Can’t tell you how excited I am to be joining the CBS team.  I think I’m going to add a lot to your SEC broadcast.  No offense to Gary Danielson, but I think your audience is ready for my MENSA level analysis.”

CBS: “Yeah, that’s great, Tom.  So, listen, you’re calling Arkansas Pine Bluff vs. Sam Houston State on Tuesday night.  We’ve got your itinerary with the reservation at Hampton Inn and your bus fare right here for you.  Remember we will reimburse up to $30 per night in expenses, so keep track of those incidentals!  Love having you here in the CBS family, keep your dick in your pants, kthxbye.”

He would probably love to call a Sam Houston State game. He could talk for hours about how great of a teammate and athlete BJ Foster is. 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

He speaks in a borderline monotone. That’ll go over great in broadcasting.

I was wondering the same thing. Do these TV companies have any kind of evaluation process for coaches or do they hire based on name recognition and assume they can train them up on the job?

Tom wasn’t and isn’t a terrible coach.  He’s had better success as head coach with his success at UH and winning a sugar bowl at Texas along with winning bowl games every year than most Power 5 coaches.  Is he an elite coach, definitely not but he’ll forsure land a gig when his buyout runs out.  The problem with Herman is that he is a narcissist asshole that nobody likes.  His locker room almost revolted on him.  Dude embarrassed the university multiple times with his stupid amateurish behavior.  He wants to be like Urban Meyer and hung out with the likes of Zach Smith.  I’d rather lose 5 games and be a laughing stock than suffer through his mediocre 7-8 win seasons and watching him act like a child asshole representing our university.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Tom wasn’t and isn’t a terrible coach.  He’s had better success as head coach with his success at UH and winning a sugar bowl at Texas along with winning bowl games every year than most Power 5 coaches.  Is he an elite coach, definitely not but he’ll forsure land a gig when his buyout runs out.  The problem with Herman is that he is a narcissist asshole that nobody likes.  His locker room almost revolted on him.  Dude embarrassed the university multiple times with his stupid amateurish behavior.  He wants to be like Urban Meyer and hung out with the likes of Zach Smith.  I’d rather lose 5 games and be a laughing stock than suffer through his mediocre 7-8 win seasons and watching him act like a child asshole representing our university.

That and based on the rumors, on this board, he might have major off the field problems. 

People are talking about the buyout but if any of the rumors were true he may have a difficult time passing a background check. Who was it that said Herman had to be followed home by someone at Texas because they thought he was eventually going to get pulled over for a DUI? 

He's definitely good enough to get another job but are teams willing to hire an asshole alcoholic? 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That and based on the rumors, on this board, he might have major off the field problems. 

People are talking about the buyout but if any of the rumors were true he may have a difficult time passing a background check. Who was it that said Herman had to be followed home by someone at Texas because they thought he was eventually going to get pulled over for a DUI? 

He's definitely good enough to get another job but are teams willing to hire an asshole alcoholic? 

“active alcoholic”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Well, we just hired a recovering alcoholic in Sark. It’s all about getting admitted to the Nick Saban institute of coaching rehabilitation special analyst program at Alabama.