Post a pic/gif/tweet that makes you say "very cool"

nnm

On 9/26/2022 at 11:13 AM, MissingInAction said:

Bob Paine expected it. Wolves are a “keystone species” and they didn’t so much change Yellowstone as change it back.

There’s a great episode of Nature that covered Bob’s research on the subject back in the 60’s, starting simply with starfish in tide pools. And it turns out that not all keystone species are predators. Sometimes they’re grazers like in the case of wildebeest in Africa.

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/how-starfish-changed-modern-ecology-whyt6v/19928/

https://daily.jstor.org/how-the-keystone-species-concept-transformed-ecology/

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

They left off the purple ninja turtle.

Look, if Larry would have ever been able to take his damn hand out the chip bag, get his high AF ass off the couch, and maybe join the guys now and then, sure. 

But since he could muster the effort, all he can do is blame himself for the gang leaving him behind when they made it big.

6 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I intentionally post links to avoid autoplay of reddit links.  Which has been specifically requested.

What the hell kind of turn-of-the-century browser are people using to have problems with autoplay, especially autoplay with volume? That sounds like a 2008 user problem. Embed that shit, fuck them hoes.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 8:24 AM, RPM said:

Where's Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood?

MW is my hometown.  Haven't been back in years, but I hear that there is a ton of revitalization going on, including both the Baker and the Crazy Water hotels.  The hope is to revitalize the tourism industry similar to a modern Hot Springs AR.  If ever a town needed a economic boost, it's there.  Fingers crossed I can go back and stay at the Baker sometime in the next few years.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

Seen that before and definitely cool but is there a reason that the wolves were able to influence change when coyotes could not?

Wolves are much larger and stronger and hunt in packs. Coyotes are relatively small, and though they live in family groups, they tend to hunt solo or in pairs.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/21/2022 at 10:32 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

Sul Ross claimed to be the one who found Cynthia Ann Parker, but I read an account somewhere that another Ranger actually recognized her and took her into custody.  When this was communicated to Ross, he took her and started telling folks that he, not the other Ranger, was the one to recover her.  Charles Goodnight, who was a Rnger in that fight, saw that and never had a good thing to say about Ross afterwards.  I've also seen the rumor that Goodnight was the Ranger who recognized Parker and had Ross steal his thunder.  I wish I could remember where I saw that.

i read that too somewhere along the way.    big wonderful thing maybe?  

• 4 weeks later...