When Something From Your Top 10…

JohnnyRage

This thread is for when something from your top 10 hits you. That’s a bold thing. This is not a top 10 list, this is not something you have to defend, just undeniable.

I was gonna post Lou Reed‘s ‘Walk On The Wild Side’ and it’s double bass, but then YouTube spun this from my teenage years.

For those that don’t know the story, Mo Tucker, the drummer, drops out of the song during all of the chaos because she can’t hear a damn thing, but they band keeps playing on. it metaphorically ends up sounding like a heart dying from an overdose, but then it kicks back in because we don’t have permission to die.

Post a top 10’er here when it hits you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

This thread is for when something from your top 10 hits you. That’s a bold thing. This is not a top 10 list, this is not something you have to defend, just undeniable.

I was gonna post Lou Reed‘s ‘Walk On The Wild Side’ and it’s double bass, but then YouTube spun this from my teenage years.

For those that don’t know the story, Mo Tucker, the drummer, drops out of the song during all of the chaos because she can’t hear a damn thing, but they band keeps playing on. it metaphorically ends up sounding like a heart dying from an overdose, but then it kicks back in because we don’t have permission to die.

johnny, i have great affection for you and you live a very rich and interesting life, but you're a bag man not an attorney. and i am completely fucking confused by your thread parameters.  i am not sure what you are asking for.

but for what it's worth...just in case i happen to get this right...these two are both all time favorite song for me and i happened to listen to each today and while doing so, i was transcended for a moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I understand what you're saying. I did this on my IG story the other day but the song was "run run run". VU and Nico is a top 10 record for me easily. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My two boys are always asking me my favorite song, or I’m saying dumb things like this one is definitely top 20. Like I could ever come up with that, or even a top 100.

But some songs make you sigh, and other songs make you close your eyes and nod to being alive.

I would probably post ‘Thunder Road’, but I’ll let you Jack wads have your moment.

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to post a top 10 list.

1.  Mountain top moments

2.  Beating OU in the Cotton Bowl during the fair

3.  Bizarre decisions that end up epic

4.  Driving around listening to music with my sons

5.  Big paydays

6.  Helping others

7.  Obeying the funk

8.  Icey Pops

9.  Air Conditioning

10.  Pho

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

This is fucking weird but I honestly did not know that Lou Reed died almost ten years ago. That sucks.

Yeah, I never dug Velvet Underground, kinda liked "Take a Walk on the Wild Side", and then flipped my lid over the entire "New York" album.  It's just phenomenal.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, I never dug Velvet Underground, kinda liked "Take a Walk on the Wild Side", and then flipped my lid over the entire "New York" album.  It's just phenomenal.

1966, think about that. And never appreciated. Lou Reed learned 'Loaded' was put out for release after breaking up while record shopping, or so the story goes. 

To distract from defending, I'll find a top ten.

Edited by JohnnyRage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...