2023 EDGE Derion Gullette

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

LET'S FUCKING GO

Romance Taylor is his track coarch?????

AAHAHAHAAAAHHHH

Correction—was his track coach. Not that it matters. He moved.

Ramonce was a freak. I remember bumping into him right before he got on stage with Mike Jones at a frat party…which happened to be the same afternoon as the spring game. That’s when I knew he wouldn’t be coming back.

Still glad he put in a good word with Bledsoe and Gullette.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Ramonce.

One of these days it will stop annoying the everloving shit out of me that one of the biggest freaks to step foot on the 40 can’t even get his name spelled right. Today isn’t that day

I was at the 2004 home game vs. Aggy. There was a middle aged man in attendance with whom I assumed was his daughter. 

He kept calling him "Romance" and the young woman pointed to the old school scoreboard that read "Ramonce Taylor" after he touched the ball.

He responded..."No...his name is Romance. They must have made a mistake." 😡

Edited by horngrad03

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

This is no doubt the type of recruit that Patterson had for years and we passed on. Neg me if you like. But what a refreshening pick up. Hook 'Em Baby 

Patterson used to take top 150 recruits that we didn’t want? Name a few. Hell, name one. 

2 hours ago, SamMan said:

Correction—was his track coach. Not that it matters. He moved.

Ramonce was a freak. I remember bumping into him right before he got on stage with Mike Jones at a frat party…which happened to be the same afternoon as the spring game. That’s when I knew he wouldn’t be coming back.

Still glad he put in a good word with Bledsoe and Gullette.

So coaching at Marlin HS,  he must have graduated college.  

Did he graduate from UT?

50 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

I was at the 2004 home game vs. Aggy. There was a middle aged man in attendance with whom I assumed was his daughter. 

He kept calling him "Romance" and the young woman pointed to the old school scoreboard that read "Ramonce Taylor" after he touched the ball.

He responded..."No...his name is Romance. They must have made a mistake." 😡

I’m just thankful they had a picture and a pronunciation guide for Jevan Snead (RIP) back in the day. Otherwise, I would have been very surprised to learn both.

38 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Patterson used to take top 150 recruits that we didn’t want? Name a few. Hell, name one. 

I don’t recall what the story was with the Fields kid, but could he be the one that technically qualifies? Possibly more of a character judgement in that instance than an unrefined talent issue though. Btw, that Martin squad was pretty talented.

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

This is no doubt the type of recruit that Patterson had for years and we passed on. Neg me if you like. But what a refreshening pick up. Hook 'Em Baby 

we wouldn't be passing this type of recruit(top 100?) so Patterson could pick him up.  the issue is when we got this type of recruit we didn't develop them to play football at a high level. maybe the coaching this time won't F it all up.

Would Patterson coach up 3 stars that would beat our ass?  Yep.  Now we have that guy so hopefully it helps.

• Hook 'Em 1

Uhh, no. Did you not see his top schools? and none of this "noncommitable" aggy bullshit
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

So why are the Aggies so convinced he's a 'good flip candidate'

51 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He’s supposedly unofficially visited them like 10 times and went to their apartment complex party.  

And still has one official visit remaining, which they think he’ll use to go to one of their games this fall. 

12 hours ago, Laga4 said:

So coaching at Marlin HS,  he must have graduated college.  

Did he graduate from UT?

May still be working on his degree ??

Aug 2021

Taylor is currently an assistant football coach and head track coach at Marlin High School. His coaching career has been a 12-year (and counting) journey that’s seen him coach at a few different schools while also continuing to work towards his Texas degree. Four years ago, he started the Ramonce Taylor Youth Association and that organization now mentors young athletes in several sports both Belton County and now Marlin.

https://texas.rivals.com/news/the-3-2-1-catching-up-with-ramonce-taylor-aaron-bryant-update-1
--------------------------------------------

April 2022 article

Taylor is now coaching football and track at Marlin High, a school that produced Texas signee Jaray Bledsoe in the 2022 cycle, and features On3 Consensus four-star Derion Gullette in 2023.

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/ramonce-taylor-talks-texas-derion-gullette-jaray-bledsoe/ 

---------------------------------------------

May 2020 interview with Ramonce...

---------------------------------------------

Really good 2015 article

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/10-Since-10-Ramonce-Taylors-path-to-Austin-a-football-renewal-42369562/

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Four years ago, he started the Ramonce Taylor Youth Association and that organization now mentors young athletes in several sports both Belton County and now Marlin.

It’s Bell County, Suchomel. Belton is the county seat. Close to home, so I had to correct it. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Were any of those unofficials after we started clearly leading?

I don't think it matters. He sounds like a good kid from a good family. He sees the big picture with his desire for broadcasting being a major factor in his decision. Never say never, but I think Derion Gullette has made up his mind and has moved on to getting healthy and ready for spring camp in Austin. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

I don't think it matters. He sounds like a good kid from a good family. He sees the big picture with his desire for broadcasting being a major factor in his decision. Never say never, but I think Derion Gullette has made up his mind and has moved on to getting healthy and ready for spring camp in Austin. 

Wait! He’s a PWO?

🤯

• Haha 1