Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

10 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Anybody else take in last night’s stroll down memory lane? It was pretty good. I’d like to see them do a one night recap of some of the other reality shows like Survivor, The Challenge, or Big Brother.

We recorded it and flew through it at wife's behest. I wasn't watching yet when Sean Lowe's was on. Heard him on The Ticket yesterday afternoon. Didn't know he played for Bill Snyder at K-State and was on the sideline on the night they whipped OU's ass in Kansas City. I also probably covered one of his HS football games when he was at Arlington Lamar.

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Oh, and the most noteworthy part of last night is Peter is dating the attorney from Chicago who was on his show.

I still think Claire as Bachelorette is going to be boring as shit.

He went through all the bullshit chasing around little immature girls just to end up with the right one that was pretty obvious from the start.  I think there's an excellent chance that Claire's season is bad.  Our one hope is if the cast is a little older and there's not as many influencers, maybe we'll be fooled into thinking different = better.  Or if she goes total bachlorettezilla and creates some crazy ass drama.  

I was watching when Sean was on, but I didn't know about all the football stuff either.  I enjoyed seeing Catherine again in all her awesomeness.  I forgot how much I love her.  Easily my favorite person to ever pass through this ridiculous show.  I could go on for a while, but I think I'll stop now.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anybody watch the premiere of Claire's "season" last night? Looks like this one will be a little more interesting than some of the more recent iterations.

So does Claire run off with one of the dude's she met last night -- or does she continue a relationship that happened off the show and bail at some point? Based on previews, it appears she's on long enough to cause a little drama.

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Anybody watch the premiere of Claire's "season" last night? Looks like this one will be a little more interesting than some of the more recent iterations.

So does Claire run off with one of the dude's she met last night -- or does she continue a relationship that happened off the show and bail at some point? Based on previews, it appears she's on long enough to cause a little drama.

I thought I heard she ran off with the lead singer of Fine Young Cannibals after about two weeks.  From the previews, it looks like she packed a lot of drama into two weeks.  Though I bet 80% of the drama popped up after they all found out she was dumping them all.  I imagine once Taysha shows up, they'll suddenly be cool with it.   

48 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I thought I heard she ran off with the lead singer of Fine Young Cannibals after about two weeks.  From the previews, it looks like she packed a lot of drama into two weeks.  Though I bet 80% of the drama popped up after they all found out she was dumping them all.  I imagine once Taysha shows up, they'll suddenly be cool with it.   

Corby was talking about this on The Ticket yesterday and he made it sound like she's living with some dude in Austin now, somebody that was NOT from the show. I'd just assumed when all this broke a few months ago that she locked in on one dude from the show really early and had made her mind up. Yours and Corby's scenario makes more sense.

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

7 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I don't believe for a second Claire didn't know FYC guy prior to the show.  The acting was awful.  Like it was scripted or something.  

I'm a dumbass. You're talking about the dude she gave the first impression rose to -- yes, he's the spitting image of the FYC singer. I couldn't put my finger on it last night. (I also might need to sit the next few plays out.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Corby was talking about this on The Ticket yesterday and he made it sound like she's living with some dude in Austin now, somebody that was NOT from the show. I'd just assumed when all this broke a few months ago that she locked in on one dude from the show really early and had made her mind up. Yours and Corby's scenario makes more sense.

I don’t know who Corby is, but his story is a lot different and better than mine. I heard she ran off with Dale (FYC lead singer look alike) after 2 weeks and that’s all I knew. If she’s living with a completely non show related dude in Austin now, we’ll that’s actually par for the course. I imagine her and Dale broke up almost immediately.

31 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Any 39 year old woman that hot...that hasn't landed someone yet has to be a huge problem.  Run, Dale...run far.  She will drive you crazy..like no one else.

I'm thinking that's what happened.  Or all those guys talking shit about him in the preview of the season were on to something and she gave him the boot.  Either way, I can't imagine they are still together and I don't know if it's been 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months since they left the show.  

The story from several months ago was she had plenty of time to google all the guys before they were actually able to start taping, and yes, she was already extremely attracted to Dale, and he didn’t disappoint in person. So she essentially had her mind made up, and season in the shitter.

I look forward to Chris Harrison’s fuck up. I’ll spoiler it, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the competition.

Spoiler

After shooting had started, he left the Bachelorette bubble to take his son to college, maybe Tech. When he came back, Fleiss & Co. said, “Hey dumbass... what do you think you’re doing? Two weeks in isolation!” They brought in Dallas JoJo to host the show while he was sidelined. Why she was cleared, I don’t know. 

The story from several months ago was she had plenty of time to google all the guys before they were actually able to start taping, and yes, she was already extremely attracted to Dale, and he didn’t disappoint in person. So she essentially had her mind made up, and season in the shitter.
I look forward to Chris Harrison’s fuck up. I’ll spoiler it, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the competition.
Spoiler

After shooting had started, he left the Bachelorette bubble to take his son to college, maybe Tech. When he came back, Fleiss & Co. said, “Hey dumbass... what do you think you’re doing? Two weeks in isolation!” They brought in Dallas JoJo to host the show while he was sidelined. Why she was cleared, I don’t know. 

Jojo and Jordan live a few streets away from us.

/csb

Claire is fucking nuts. I can’t imagine why she’s still single at 39. Awkward moment at the party after the strip dodgeball game when nobody stepped forward to ask her to go talk one-on-one. She can’t let it go during her talk with Clark Kent and returns to chew the guys out. Then Yosef gets bent out of shape about the nude dodgeball and losing respect for her. I assume he’s the one that she gets into the screaming match with next week. Can we FF to Tayshia please?

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Claire is fucking nuts. I can’t imagine why she’s still single at 39. Awkward moment at the party after the strip dodgeball game when nobody stepped forward to ask her to go talk one-on-one. She can’t let it go during her talk with Clark Kent and returns to chew the guys out. Then Yosef gets bent out of shape about the nude dodgeball and losing respect for her. I assume he’s the one that she gets into the screaming match with next week. Can we FF to Tayshia please?

uh yeah that bitch cray. 

lost in the bullshit of "i'm mad because you guys didn't ask to talk with me quick enough" is her telling off (and kicking off) the guy who didn't know much about her except that she's hot, and that's just not ok with her.  he wants to get to know her better, nope, not fast enough, you're gone.

if you can't see how determined and resilient and smart and driven and creative i am after knowing me for a day and spending nine minutes with me then go get fucked.

• Like 3

i also think it's fascinating that once a season, there's some arbitrary contest like dodgeball, that allows half the group date to get an entire night with her/him, while the other half goes home.  and there's always someone from the loser team that wanders into the afterparty.  seeing the differing levels of outrage from the winners is always fun to watch.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

lost in the bullshit of "i'm mad because you guys didn't ask to talk with me quick enough" is her telling off (and kicking off) the guy who didn't know much about her except that she's hot, and that's just not ok with her.  he wants to get to know her better, nope, not fast enough, you're gone.

if you can't see how determined and resilient and smart and driven and creative i am after knowing me for a day and spending nine minutes with me then go get fucked.

This is one I'll give to her.  That might have been ok, except he opened up the conversation with ~"as soon as I heard it was you , I had to apply!"  

and then crickets, if you have any game make something up at least.

14 minutes ago, pied said:

This is one I'll give to her.  That might have been ok, except he opened up the conversation with ~"as soon as I heard it was you , I had to apply!"  

and then crickets, if you have any game make something up at least.

that's fair.  and i think in general the contestant has the right to eliminate people who she knows are not real contenders.  he should've had a better answer or been able to bullshit his way through it, and he beefed it.  but her attitude about it does go along with the way she sees herself.  "yeah, asshole, i know i'm fucking hot, what else" just kinda reminded me of who she is.

that said, typically the guys/girls don't know who it is when they're involved in the process (you don't usually get to ask who it is before you agree to participate).  i have a buddy who's friends with one of the producers and she spent years trying to get him on the show, and he obviously never knew who the bachelorette would be.  especially this year, with it being a recurring character from the bachelor universe, and not like last year's runner-up or something.

i wish they would go back to the old days where they literally didn't know who the person was until they walked out of the limo.  covid and clare's history made this year extra intolerable.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Yeah, she was like "what you didn't do all of this research about me and my time(s) on the show and all the times I've been disrespected by men and why I'm so awesome aside from being a pretty face" -- ugh. You're a 39-year-old blonde with (newish) big tits and you're not married or involved in a serious relationship. At some point, you've got to look in the mirror.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

that's fair.  and i think in general the contestant has the right to eliminate people who she knows are not real contenders.  he should've had a better answer or been able to bullshit his way through it, and he beefed it.  but her attitude about it does go along with the way she sees herself.  "yeah, asshole, i know i'm fucking hot, what else" just kinda reminded me of who she is.

that said, typically the guys/girls don't know who it is when they're involved in the process (you don't usually get to ask who it is before you agree to participate).  i have a buddy who's friends with one of the producers and she spent years trying to get him on the show, and he obviously never knew who the bachelorette would be.  especially this year, with it being a recurring character from the bachelor universe, and not like last year's runner-up or something.

i wish they would go back to the old days where they literally didn't know who the person was until they walked out of the limo.  covid and clare's history made this year extra intolerable.

Yeah, agree with her attitude, but that was a stupid thing to say if you don't have something to support it.  

1 hour ago, riloh05 said:

that self help date is for the birds...wtf. she is the type that will never be in love. she will be in love with her idea of what love is supposed to be.

Forgot about that.  I get it, if it's like a final four or so date.  Brutal if the first date that you know like nothing about them.

I remember Nwachukwu. Decent college receiver. And like most Bachelorette contestants who played football, spent his career on practice squads or being one of the final cuts. Those guys are often called a “former pro football star” in the shitty tabloid media (Hi, Colton!). Dale Moss is also a perfect example of this, as is the poor schmuck who had to suffer thru the confessional date.

I can only think of Clay Harbor as a guy who actually made the 53 and played in multiple regular seasons. I might be missing someone. Jesse Palmer doesn’t count, he was the lead.

10 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I remember Nwachukwu. Decent college receiver. And like most Bachelorette contestants who played football, spent his career on practice squads or being one of the final cuts. Those guys are often called a “former pro football star” in the shitty tabloid media (Hi, Colton!). Dale Moss is also a perfect example of this, as is the poor schmuck who had to suffer thru the confessional date.

I can only think of Clay Harbor as a guy who actually made the 53 and played in multiple regular seasons. I might be missing someone. Jesse Palmer doesn’t count, he was the lead.

i found this perfect article for all the people who at any point had wondered if one of these contestants was some sort of star (let alone just a regular rostered player):

https://screenrant.com/bachelorette-dale-moss-south-dakota-state-nfl-stats/

Bachelorette: What Were Dale Moss' NFL & College Football Stats

Dale Moss is a Hall of Fame wide receiver who had the most receptions in NFL hist...just kidding he was only an NFL practice squad player.

• Like 1

This is unwatchable. Not even sure Tayshia’s jugs can save the second act.

What are you taking about? This is the perfect Bachelorette season. A lead who thinks she’s a great catch and is acting like it. More mature contestants who aren’t going to put up with her shit. 3 weeks of drama and then we get the lead we should have had from the beginning. This is so far probably my favorite season.

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

What are you taking about? This is the perfect Bachelorette season. A lead who thinks she’s a great catch and is acting like it. More mature contestants who aren’t going to put up with her shit. 3 weeks of drama and then we get the lead we should have had from the beginning. This is so far probably my favorite season.

i'll reserve judgment, but it's definitely setting up nicely.  sucks for a couple of these guys who already got sent home.

the weird misunderstanding last night in the pool with the kiss was...hard to watch.  that guy should be able to come back.

Probably the bad acting that is getting to me. She has no interest in anyone else and it easily shows.

The guy last night was very forceful with Claire after she pulled away. Really uncomfortable situation.

That kiss was a weird situation, and the second time she's reacted when there was any sort of delay.  She's nuts, and even though he's a dolt, Yosef's point wasn't terrible.  There are lines, this is the Bachelorette, but I can see a group naked dodgeball being a question.

1 hour ago, pied said:

That kiss was a weird situation, and the second time she's reacted when there was any sort of delay.  She's nuts, and even though he's a dolt, Yosef's point wasn't terrible.  There are lines, this is the Bachelorette, but I can see a group naked dodgeball being a question.

if it was the bachelor, and he asked for it to be strip-whatever, the idea would've been so bad in advance that they never would've actually allowed it, even if the contestants were game.  yes, there's a double standard, and that's fine, it's a cheesy reality show that largely caters to female viewers.  but when the reverse is a hard no-go, then you know you're flirting with the line.