Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

it was olivia (i mentioned her in my cut and paste) - she was the chick from austin who was obnoxious and thought she was the front runner from the second the show started.  i'm pretty sure that was ben's season.  that was around the beginning of me paying any type of attention.
point is, it happens every season.  it's always the first 2-1.  
ok, i just googled olivia to make sure, because the name didn't sound right.  then i found this from an article from january:
4tOlhfDj_normal.jpg Olivia Caridi   @OliviaCaridi    

All the people wanting Krystal to go home...she ain’t going anywhere until she’s on the 2-on-1. #TheBachelor

7:47 PM - Jan 29, 2018

Yeah, I remember her. She got fucking wasted the first night and kept grabbing Ben IIRC. She was golden after first conversation but kept going back and seemed nuts. Reminded me of Mikey calling the chick from the bar in Swingers.

The Proposal already facing a crisis, forced to pull Ep 2 due to a creep who allegedly assists in a sick bait and switch rape scheme.

https://people.com/tv/the-proposal-contestant-accused-of-facilitating-sexual-assault/

ABC’s latest show The Proposal is canceling its second-ever episode after serious allegations were leveled against one of its participants.

Show contestant Michael J. Friday was accused by a Milwaukee, Wisconsin woman named Erica Denae Meshke of facilitating her sexual assault in early November.

Meshke wrote about her alleged experience in a public Facebook post on Thursday. Initially, she did not name Friday but shared a photo of male contestants from the show and writing one of them “was directly responsible for my date rape.”

This thread is gay.

Having said that, csb: I known a woman for a long time that was in the final 2 many years ago.  I know her quite well.  She's batshit crazy.  It amazes me that she was recognized everywhere for a few years, and still gets "aren't you..." on occasion.  I've witnessed it.  

Another csb:  My nieces now husband entered some stupid contest, and won.  He got to propose in a commercial for a jewelry chain and the commercial ran during the bachelor.  Her very nice ring was part of the prize.

Anyway, I was doing an overnight commercial remodel project on the night the commercial was to air.  I went to a nearby sports bar and asked them to change the TV from a hockey game to the bachelor.  Bartender gave me major shit. 

Edited by Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

The Proposal already facing a crisis, forced to pull Ep 2 due to a creep who allegedly assists in a sick bait and switch rape scheme.

https://people.com/tv/the-proposal-contestant-accused-of-facilitating-sexual-assault/

i don't want to derail this thread, especially because it's not a thread about the proposal, but (assuming the above story is true), this man needs to be in federal prison.  i'm not gonna shame the woman for not coming forward, as i know that's unfortunately something that happens, but essentially "coming forward" on facebook is just as bad.  go to the fucking cops, and put an end to this con artist and the older men (rapists) he fucking runs his scams with.

am i taking crazy pills?  what is the upside to ranting on your facebook page but not getting the authorities involved.  jesus.

This thread is gay.

Having said that, csb: I known a woman for a long time that was in the final 2 many years ago.  I know her quite well.  She's batshit crazy.  It amazes me that she was recognized everywhere for a few years, and still gets "aren't you..." on occasion.  I've witnessed it.  
Another csb:  My nieces now husband entered some stupid contest, and won.  He got to propose in a commercial for a jewelry chain and the commercial ran during the bachelor.  Her very nice ring was part of the prize.
Anyway, I was doing an overnight commercial remodel project on the night the commercial was to air.  I went to a nearby sports bar and asked them to change the TV from a hockey game to the bachelor.  Bartender gave me major shit. 

Just tell us who it is. We’re in the trust tree here.

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Wayne Newton looks like Mason Verger

I had to stop looking at the TV.  I just concentrated on my phone and kind of listened.  And then once the guys all started singing, I had to stop listening.  

The guy with the busted face seemed to go in to that date willing to jump on a grenade.  He didn't seem to care if he survived it, he just wanted to make sure Jordan didn't survive it either.  Probably a good decision since he had absolutely no shot with her.  Neither did Jordan though.  Another awkward kiss.  That guy has a bit of trouble reading the room.  But he sure lights up when you get him talking about himself and modeling.   

you could see the entire time that she was going to send them both home.  this is probably my ~5th 1-1 date with a villain, and i've never heard the main bachelorette say, "i need to decide if i want to move forward with one of these, both, or neither."  "neither" is typically not on the table, but clearly that's where it was heading.

i know it's a tv show, but i don't really understand how people can't just say what they would say in real life.  it's not that hard, if you're david.  you just say, "you know what, the guys, we all talk a lot, and jordan just puts his foot in his mouth, says obnoxious, inappropriate things, and i don't even think he realizes how he sounds, but honestly, since i fell out of the bed, i feel like i'm been missing out on time with just you and me, so let's talk about us, i don't want to talk about jordan, let's pretend he's not even here."  at that point, she would invariably say, "wait, what does he say?"  and then he could repeat some great jordan-isms, but make it like he says them to everyone, not just him.  he definitely jumped on the grenade, but it wasn't completely necessary.

meanwhile, after david's suitcase got taken, the group was like, "shit, it sucks now jordan gets to spend the whole day with becca."  um, are they serious?  everyone watching knew that would be certain death for jordan.  those guys should've encouraged it.  it backfired on him in the worst possible way.  who asks "what are your weekends like," and then when he gets to answer the question himself, talks all about his modeling?  does he think that's a turn-on?  i don't really know any models, but i know a lot of actors, and when they're flirting with other actors, it's the last thing they want to hear about.

as for chris, wow.  not only did he act like a total fucking needy, self-entitled douchebag, but he did a horrid job of explaining himself to becca afterwards.  those dudes gossip worse than the chicks.  you have to watch what you say around them.

can't wait for next week (rolleyes) in richmond, virginia.  are they on a shoestring budget this season?  yikes.  six weeks til bip.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

you could see the entire time that she was going to send them both home.  this is probably my ~5th 1-1 date with a villain, and i've never heard the main bachelorette say, "i need to decide if i want to move forward with one of these, both, or neither."  "neither" is typically not on the table, but clearly that's where it was heading.

i know it's a tv show, but i don't really understand how people can't just say what they would say in real life.  it's not that hard, if you're david.  you just say, "you know what, the guys, we all talk a lot, and jordan just puts his foot in his mouth, says obnoxious, inappropriate things, and i don't even think he realizes how he sounds, but honestly, since i fell out of the bed, i feel like i'm been missing out on time with just you and me, so let's talk about us, i don't want to talk about jordan, let's pretend he's not even here."  at that point, she would invariably say, "wait, what does he say?"  and then he could repeat some great jordan-isms, but make it like he says them to everyone, not just him.  he definitely jumped on the grenade, but it wasn't completely necessary.

meanwhile, after david's suitcase got taken, the group was like, "shit, it sucks now jordan gets to spend the whole day with becca."  um, are they serious?  everyone watching knew that would be certain death for jordan.  those guys should've encouraged it.  it backfired on him in the worst possible way.  who asks "what are your weekends like," and then when he gets to answer the question himself, talks all about his modeling?  does he think that's a turn-on?  i don't really know any models, but i know a lot of actors, and when they're flirting with other actors, it's the last thing they want to hear about.

as for chris, wow.  not only did he act like a total fucking needy, self-entitled douchebag, but he did a horrid job of explaining himself to becca afterwards.  those dudes gossip worse than the chicks.  you have to watch what you say around them.

can't wait for next week (rolleyes) in richmond, virginia.  are they on a shoestring budget this season?  yikes.  six weeks til bip.

I had a feeling David was going to lose the 1-on-1 -- and was glad it happened. (Wife accurately said both were going home.) Colton nailed it when he said David had the wrong attitude. Anyway, David is a fucking tool with terrible bullshit and Jordan wasn't a threat to anybody (the "What's your weekend like?" question was cringe-worthy). When he told her the real-life male model world was just like Zoolander, I knew his minutes were numbered. Jordan actually came off looking WAY better IMO than David. Would love to see them both in Paradise. Oooh baby!

Chris basically did what Jean did last week. Dude cracked under the pressure. Let. The. Game. Come. To. You.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

oh, and how about when david said, "i can tell when someone's being disingenuous, and jordan corrected him and said, "it's disingenuine".  yeah jordan, that's not a word.

Yup. That immediately caught my attention too.

i have a recurring character in stuff i write that mixes metaphors, so it's kinda like that.  but i like to think it's funny when i do it.  i know it's intentional.

to correct someone's actual word with a made-up word is just terrible.  i can't imagine what he's like in real life.

if i wrote you a 10,000 word essay on "what my weekends are like" at no point would "skin-care" be part of it.  she wanted to know what you do when you're not doing your job.  apparently that time does not exist.

20 hours ago, C-Man said:

I had a feeling David was going to lose the 1-on-1 -- and was glad it happened. (Wife accurately said both were going home.) Colton nailed it when he said David had the wrong attitude. Anyway, David is a fucking tool with terrible bullshit and Jordan wasn't a threat to anybody (the "What's your weekend like?" question was cringe-worthy). When he told her the real-life male model world was just like Zoolander, I knew his minutes were numbered. Jordan actually came off looking WAY better IMO than David. Would love to see them both in Paradise. Oooh baby!

Chris basically did what Jean did last week. Dude cracked under the pressure. Let. The. Game. Come. To. You.

Yup. That immediately caught my attention too.

The cast is out and you will be pleased.  

When they said "Richmond Virginia" my wife and I both burst out laughing.

As henrygandorf said, I guess they are trying to save money. I bet we'll see the "promotional consideration" for Richmond Tourist Visitor Board/Convention next week. I can't think of any other reason they would go there. Probably a nice place to live.

1 hour ago, zman13 said:

When they said "Richmond Virginia" my wife and I both burst out laughing.

As henrygandorf said, I guess they are trying to save money. I bet we'll see the "promotional consideration" for Richmond Tourist Visitor Board/Convention next week. I can't think of any other reason they would go there. Probably a nice place to live.

Forgot to touch on that above. Yeah, that seemed weird. Let's go to Vegas -- about 5 hours from where the show is based -- and now fucking Richmond?!?! Think they spent the last half of each of the Arie's and Rachel's seasons in Europe.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Forgot to touch on that above. Yeah, that seemed weird. Let's go to Vegas -- about 5 hours from where the show is based -- and now fucking Richmond?!?! Think they spent the last half of each of the Arie's and Rachel's seasons in Europe.

Richmond is cool as shit.  Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello, is really cool.  Their state capital building is really nice.   UVA is a beautiful campus that's well worth touring.  So if you are in the area, you should definitely check it out.  Now, for the Bachelorette, I haven't the slightest idea what the hell they are thinking.  I don't see any romantic candle lit dinners on the grounds of Monticello happening.   I just want this shit show to be over so we can get on to BIP and hear Yuki say a bunch of nonsensical hilarious shit.  I hope her English has improved just enough to make her more awesome.  

dear chris,

when you find yourself in the hole, please stop digging.

i'm not sure we've ever seen this kind of self-sabotaging, plane crashing into the side of the mountain style implosion in the history of recorded media.

and who would've thought the debate would turn into something resembling, well, an actual political debate?  what a shit-circus.

at first i just thought he looked like eddie from friends (when adam goldberg played chandler's new roommate) but he actually started acting like that character.

not sure i feel safe with him in paradise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you think i'm kidding - go ahead and google "chris bachelorette eddie friends".

enjoy.

I've been trying to think of who he reminded me of and that has to be it.  I was thinking he looked like the mob boss' sniveling little punk ass son who has been moved up the organization due to nepotism and all the capos have no respect for him.  

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

dear chris,

when you find yourself in the hole, please stop digging.

i'm not sure we've ever seen this kind of self-sabotaging, plane crashing into the side of the mountain style implosion in the history of recorded media.

and who would've thought the debate would turn into something resembling, well, an actual political debate?  what a shit-circus.

at first i just thought he looked like eddie from friends (when adam goldberg played chandler's new roommate) but he actually started acting like that character.

not sure i feel safe with him in paradise.

That was next-level bad. Dude. Let the game come to you. You'll notice they didn't even have an exit interview with Lincoln. My guess that got shit-canned the minute his criminal past came to light last month.

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This season is so boring, not a single comment about Monday’s show. Very telling. Paradise can’t get here soon enough.

Yeah...was going to post yesterday about the show being boring but it was so boring I couldn't muster enough energy to post about it being boring.

They are down to the same generic guys. 

Yeah, she’s boring, the guys are boring. 

Shoulda went with the Arkansas brunette with the hillbilly family, and moved them into the mansion with the guys. That would have been good TV. But then Arie dumped Becca, and she became the choice. 

And this episode had more angst about someone being a virgin than American Pie.

i was gonna post then forgot.  i don't know what the editors show and cut, but man did it look like becca teased the shit out of wills.  i know we're supposed to root for her because arie, etc, but i'm off the bandwagon.  wills wasn't gonna win it all, but jason isn't either.  you really shouldn't send leo home, then continually make out with wills, if you're gonna choose jason.  

if i had a scorecard from the beginning, i would've predicted garrett, colton, blake, and someone else.  maybe joe, who seemed normal but somehow didn't make it to week 2.  i bet he slays in paradise. 

this season = boring and predictable.  i want chris to get his own spinoff trainwreck show.  that i'd watch.

so quite predictably, the virgin goes home.  he seems like a nice guy, but you can tell he's got the emotional maturity of a 16 year old boy.  also the tia thing is weird.  i understand since the invention of texting, that "one date" doesn't necessarily mean "one date", and there's a chance they've been carrying on for weeks or months, but enough already.  it almost seemed like they inserted that to justify ditching a good person who's involved in kid charities.

i didn't pay too much attention to the other dates, but garrett once seemed like a front runner, and now appears to be in 3rd place.  i think it's blake's to lose.

also, as an odd bit of trivia.  after all the hometowns, they went back to la and were at the same hotel that we used for our wedding weekend and all the chicks were sitting in the same exact suite (there's only 1) that the wife and her girls got ready in.  then, as an added coincidence, the venue they went to for the rose ceremony, was our actual wedding venue (although they added the horrid long blue carpet on the stairs for some reason).  it was almost as if our shitass wedding planner was a consultant on last night's episode.

it's been in a ton of tv shows, movies, and music videos - http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/las-park-plaza-hotel-the-backdrop-to-your-favorite-movies-5261506

all in all, the best 3 minutes of last night's show were the teasers for bip.  i'm fucking ready.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

all in all, the best 3 minutes of last night's show were the teasers for bip.  i'm fucking ready.

Yeah, this. I still think Garrett wins this thing but who knows? They seem like pretty regular guys, that's probably a good thing if you're trying to actually pick a husband. It just doesn't make for very riveting TV.

i didn't watch last night with the exception of confirming the clip of her in bed saying, "oh my god i just did to someone else what arie did to me" was utter bullshit drama queen nonsense concocted for trailer purposes (or because she clearly cannot let that thing go).

i typically tune out the last 2-3 episodes, and this year will be no different.

still think it's blake's to lose.

i didn't watch last night with the exception of confirming the clip of her in bed saying, "oh my god i just did to someone else what arie did to me" was utter bullshit drama queen nonsense concocted for trailer purposes (or because she clearly cannot let that thing go).

I assume you'll make an exception for next week.  

24 minutes ago, zman13 said:

Seeing Garrett and Becca in that tent, which is supposed to be romantic, all I could think about was "it's gotta be f'in hot in that tent"

I'm not sure how I'd handle watching another guy (or two) basically plow my fiance on TV.

those shows are ok, but typically there's about 5-6 minutes of quality wrapped in a two hour package.  i don't really need to see jason spill his heart out all over the carpet.  if they just made it about the guy vs guy drama, it would be better.  but they think america wants to hear from the broken-hearted.  and maybe they're right.

there was def too much arie'ing to be expecting an engagement ring. these dudes get lulled into some shit. also, i dont think this girl(forget her name thats how memorable she is) is a catch at all, very basic. basically hooked up an avg chick with dudes out of her league. hopefully when these dudes snap outta this bachelor trance they can get on to something better than this very uninteresting chick. sorry these 2 miss out on bip.

They need to broaden the universe they pick candidates from. Don't pick the next Bachelor out of this crew of dorks.

Get some fresh blood in. Let BIP or that winter Olympic shit they did be where they put retreads into.

People are going on the show just to be the next Bachelor(ette) vs to win the thing.

26 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'm not sure how I'd handle watching another guy (or two) basically plow my fiance on TV.

that's the problem with this show.  by the time this episode is shown, becca and guy have been engaged for a few months.  Said guy has to watch the episode where she clearly banged the other dude and came out limping with a crooked smile.  That would be brutal.  I can only imagine how much shit talk I'd get from my buddies.