Bachelor/Bachelorette/Paradise Catch-All

C-Man

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We watched it tonight. Could be good. I like Katie. Jesus, the “cat dude” was cringey.

See that Chris Harrison is officially gone from the franchise for good. Got a huge payout to not discuss it. Did he make a mistake? Yes. Was it big enough to cost him this gig? I don’t think so.

33 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I always have fun looking at everybody's job titles when they get introduced. Like, what the fuck is a "Surgical Skin Vendor" or a "Zipper Sales Manager". Does "Nutrition Entrepreneur" mean he sells Herbalife?

Actually, I think it was "surgical skin salesman" which sounds even creepier.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah. Harrison won in this deal. His career won’t suffer, and Bachelor ratings will suffer. Not because Harrison was a big draw. But because they’ll have backlash. 

What career?  Besides the Bachelor, his resume is bleak. I think he’s done on any TV that matters. Maybe he can expand on his romance novel authorship. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is watching. They had a phony, scripted send off to one contestant last night who had the temerity to admit that, yeah, becoming The Bachelor in a future season had crossed his mind. Which every fucking contestant must think about, truth be told. That guy is plowing way hotter than Katie in real life, so no big loss for him.

And the bearded Canadian fuck from Clare Make-That-Taysia’s season is back, and there’s scuttlebutt they had been DMing, perhaps had even met in person before this season started taping, so it’s all bullshit. And the spoiler for the season says :

Spoiler

Bearded Canadian fuck Blake is the “winner.”  Whoop de do.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, Vito Andolini said:

Not sure if anyone is watching. They had a phony, scripted send off to one contestant last night who had the temerity to admit that, yeah, becoming The Bachelor in a future season had crossed his mind. Which every fucking contestant must think about, truth be told. That guy is plowing way hotter than Katie in real life, so no big loss for him.

And the bearded Canadian fuck from Clare Make-That-Taysia’s season is back, and there’s scuttlebutt they had been DMing, perhaps had even met in person before this season started taping, so it’s all bullshit. And the spoiler for the season says :

Reveal hidden contents

Bearded Canadian fuck Blake is the “winner.”  Whoop de do.

Blake is a tool. He was 100% in on Claire, then immediately flipped to Taysha and now he's all-in on Katie. Awesome.

I couldn't help but think Bachelor producers have to have wet themselves thinking of having the widow with a kid be a bachelor at some point.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

should i be watching this or just wait for bip?  the pool of contestants should be massive and they need to take advantage. 

From a shitshow perspective, this season isn't very entertaining.  But I personally find Katie to be the most likable Bachelorette in a long time (ever?) and most of the early frontrunners seem like decent dudes.  They showed a preview for the second half of the season though, and it seems like (or the editors made it seem like) the drama gets taken up a notch, so I guess we'll see.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

On 7/7/2021 at 9:14 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

From a shitshow perspective, this season isn't very entertaining.  But I personally find Katie to be the most likable Bachelorette in a long time (ever?) and most of the early frontrunners seem like decent dudes.  They showed a preview for the second half of the season though, and it seems like (or the editors made it seem like) the drama gets taken up a notch, so I guess we'll see.

Yeah, pretty accurate synopsis imo.  

The hosts seem odd, like they want them to copy Harrisons stuff but seem like they're hardly there for a lot of the time.  

2 hours ago, pied said:

Yeah, pretty accurate synopsis imo.  

The hosts seem odd, like they want them to copy Harrisons stuff but seem like they're hardly there for a lot of the time.  

Hell, Harrison was hardly around, only popping in to introduce the Rose Ceremony or make an announcement to the groups and then of course the live "After the Rose" ceremonies or "Men/Women Tell All" shit-fests.

Wife and I watched this week’s episode last night. Anybody else catch this? When Connor got sent home and went back to get his bag — odd as they’ve always had a producer snag it — and half the dudes were full-on bawling that he was leaving. Bizarre.

At any rate, seems Katie has kept around a pretty normal group of guys. Blake is a tool but he’s doing well playing the game (Say Anything boom box scene and all). Sounds like he tells her he doesn’t love her next week, though. But ABC has been really, really bad about previewing dramatic moments that never occur or are barely shown this season (this is par for the course but it seems especially egregious this season).

The no jacking off contest is one of the dumbest things this show or any other has ever done, and it’s been universally panned by every media website I’ve seen. I didn’t know the guy’s name was Connor, I just know him as the cat guy from Ep. 1. And yes, it was silly how emotional most of the guys got. And the Canadian “firefighter trainee” is still there, despite having about six sentences uttered all season. 

I think it’s a loser of a season, Katie has been pretty meh, and I believe it was a done deal before taping even began. 

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

The no jacking off contest is one of the dumbest things this show or any other has ever done, and it’s been universally panned by every media website I’ve seen. I didn’t know the guy’s name was Connor, I just know him as the cat guy from Ep. 1. And yes, it was silly how emotional most of the guys got. And the Canadian “firefighter trainee” is still there, despite having about six sentences uttered all season. 

I think it’s a loser of a season, Katie has been pretty meh, and I believe it was a done deal before taping even began. 

And yet Blake scored points with Katie by telling her how much he apparently beats off. It's not really "self-love" if one of the other guys in the house do it for you, right? Asking for a friend. (Might explain the tears last night.)

Edited by C-Man
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The rate guys are taking themselves out this season, Katie might wind up on Paradise in two weeks.

Greg was clearly her choice but he blew himself up. Maybe she’s lucky that he showed his true colors and went mental. How do either Justin or Blake feel watching that back — if one of them “won” at the end? Katie should just quit and go track down Michael. That would be ABC’s wet dream.

• Hook 'Em 1

Greg Grippo now has another “G” word associated with him, “gaslighting.” It was bizarre how he flipped the script on her so rapidly. He either had plans to bail all along, is a narcissist and/or has a touch of borderline personality disorder (BPD can trigger that complete shift from totally in love to “fuck you, I’m done” in an instant). Anyway, he’s fucked in the public perception now. She’s left with the Canadian famewhore and Justin Who? Was he really on the show? Spoilers say: 

Spoiler

She’s with Blake, but yeah, it would seem he’s not the first choice based on interaction with Grippo, but there are also claims she and Blake communicated quite a bit before the show started, perhaps even meeting in person, so it’s all sketchy. In truth, only Thomas was there for the right reasons, to work on his “brand.”

Is there a potential Bachelor lead from this group? I think Grippo is done. I don’t see Michael A as a leading man who thirty 20-30 somethings will want to fight over. Maybe someone will distinguish themselves in Paradise.

2 hours ago, pied06 said:

yeah, went from man listen to what she's saying dude, to maybe you should tell him a little more, to man these are some pretty serious red flags up in here if he's freaking out this much.

When they showed that bizarre flashback montage after Greg bailed he was so normal and relaxed when he was one of 15 or more. He just lost it, which is odd because he was a slam-dunk to be one of the final two if not the outright choice. (Katie did fuck up perhaps in not giving him a better idea of the score out of respect for the other guys still there but c'mon Greg, read the room.)

Justin is such a non-factor and calling Blake a fame-whore is a perfect description. I enjoyed his sister pointing out that he was all-in on Claire and then immediately flipped that to Taysha and now has it for Katie. Either Greg comes to Jesus -- not likely -- or she should seriously try and hook back up with Michael after the show is over. I cannot see Katie-Blake being a long-term thing. I did notice there are no shots of Katie waiting at a ring ceremony so maybe it doesn't get to that point.

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Wtf did the one co host chick do to her face? She was cute now she looks like a damn real doll. Horrible

Plastic surgery is not always your friend. She’s been fighting Internet critics for a couple years about her appearance.

I’m about half an hour behind, but just wanted to say her aunt is one of the worst assholes I’ve ever seen on the show. I think Blake is a famewhore fucknut, but he didn’t deserve to get grilled like that from that nobody. She went in looking for a fight, and turned every response into a snark. I’m all for female empowerment and not needing a man to complete you, but they preemptively hate you. Fuck her. 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:25 PM, Lat22 said:

Watching the finale. First episode I’ve seen this season. How many of y’all roll up your pant legs to show off your ankles? Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

Yeah, the wife and I noticed that all season. They all did it.

On 8/10/2021 at 10:27 AM, pied06 said:

I kinda get it, but would prefer my new fiance to be more like ~"you really sucked and think you were acting, by whatever because I really loved him."  To be THAT mad this much later would give me pause.

meh season all around.  

What's the saying -- methinks thou doth protest too much? It sounded more like Katie was trying to convince herself that she was Blake was "her guy" rather than Michael and Greg, who would've been her likely top two. No way she and Blake get married.

Spade was equal parts creepy, not very funny and hilarious. Loved when Demi called him “Joe Dirt” when she walked up at the end. Also, when the blonde champagne chick said something about having her holes filled. The wife and I were saying “Who’s that?” all night.

Seems like they aren't labeling/captioning the contestants as much in previous seasons. Bachelor used to go overboard in reiterating everyone's name over and over and now they barely name them. They either expect the fans to have good memories or they don't care anymore.

skipped katie’s season but back for bip, obviously. thought it was a good start, and the scenes make the season look fucking bananas. 

lulz at all the chicks like “the guys think they have all the power but let’s play it cool” followed by 9 of them throwing themselves at dudes and everybody making out like 8th grade in your friend’s basement. 

Edited by henrygandorf

I was surprised to see the crazy goddess chick going home so soon.  I thought they would have milked that.  She had the only nice set of tits on the show so they better fix that soon. Also a bit surprised to see Demi back looking for dick after her lesbian antics in the last BIP.  Who holds the record for most BIP season appearances?  She's got at least 3 I can remember.

2 hours ago, Hozz said:

I was surprised to see the crazy goddess chick going home so soon.  I thought they would have milked that.  She had the only nice set of tits on the show so they better fix that soon. Also a bit surprised to see Demi back looking for dick after her lesbian antics in the last BIP.  Who holds the record for most BIP season appearances?  She's got at least 3 I can remember.

They probably figure they have enough drama starters there that we really don't need a Victoria.  Literally, the only thing she brings to the show is the lulz because  she lacks any self-awareness at all.  They gave her a terrible edit, and I bet it was on purpose.  She looked pathetic, being the ugliest girl there and thinking she could draw guys to her with her stupid 5 second rule.  Goddess, that only works for you when they are shit faced drunk in a dark bar.  I'm thinking they brought her on for her swan song appearance just so they could make her look shitty one more time.  I swear she slammed the car door on her own ass when she was leaving.  

I hate to admit it, but Tahjuan going after her just for talking to Tre seemed just as pathetic.  I don't like taking Victoria's side, but I think I have to on this one.