Anne Heche -- bad car accident

jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Batshit crazy is the medical term. She came out with the accusations on her parents about the same time as Rosanne and others came out with similar claims. Would not surprise me If she went to one of those therapists in the 90’a who were implanting fake memories in celebrities.

Um…what? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Always thought she was rather cute/attractive and know she’s had a bit of a rough life personally and professionally.  Don’t know too much of her work except for the movie with Ford noted upthread and her role in Best of Enemies I watched in recent year(s).  Get well soon. 

Anything above about a 7% TBSA burn will get you at least a night or two in the ICU. If it's true that the burns are bad and are on the majority of her body (which, judging from the pictures of her car...), she'd have been better off just letting the fire consume her then instead of infection months down the road.

• Hook 'Em 1

She randomly was on Sirius a few (shit, maybe several by now) years ago, hosting a weird call-in advice show, kinda sexual in nature, and she seemed really cool. She’s obviously been thru a lot, and unfortunately for her, it seems her troubled road has gotten even more so. Burn injuries have to be a form of hell on earth.

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Anything above about a 7% TBSA burn will get you at least a night or two in the ICU. If it's true that the burns are bad and are on the majority of her body (which, judging from the pictures of her car...), she'd have been better off just letting the fire consume her then instead of infection months down the road.

What a grim choice

She was always crazy - sad that it seems she hasn’t gotten better since receding from the public eye.

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Batshit crazy is the medical term. She came out with the accusations on her parents about the same time as Rosanne and others came out with similar claims. Would not surprise me If she went to one of those therapists in the 90’a who were implanting fake memories in celebrities.

Can you share with us from where the notion that therapists in the 90s were implanting fake memories into the heads of celebrities got implanted into your head?

She was always crazy - sad that it seems she hasn’t gotten better since receding from the public eye.

Can you share with us from where the notion that therapists in the 90s were implanting fake memories into the heads of celebrities got implanted into your head?

Forget it Jake. It’s Texzilla.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Her car before the fire in first picture. She had rammed into a parking garage at an apt complex and people tried to get her out of the car. And she sped away and crashed into a house and her car burst into flames. The ring camera in my other post shows how fast she was going and if you watch with sound you can hear the crash after her car speeds by. Very damn close to reminding me of the crash with Paul Walker of the Fast and Furious fame.

36170AE4-B956-4EFB-BEB3-1B1D3B846F5A.jpeg

6641554B-D341-479F-90E4-DF03E73F1F40.jpeg

C1E3AA6E-7517-42D1-800B-FB819B8EB1A7.jpeg

2983C7D9-F98B-4D62-926C-B397A01DE9F7.jpeg

Growing up I worked at our family tire store so there’s no telling how many vehicles I drove in and out of the service bays. #3 is pretty representative of the interior of the average chick’s vehicle 

• Haha 3

You can do the research. Hollywood has dealt with cults, psychos, prophets, therapists, etc that find celebrity victims. I recall this was a thing in the 90’s with a few of them. Did you not watch Mind Over Murder on HBO? 6 people convicted of a murder they didn’t commit, because 5 confessed because of memories stuck in their heads by a detective and a psychologist. One of them still thinks she was there even though it’s proven she wasn’t there.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

She looked pretty sexy as a redhead in Cedar Rapids. 

Ok movie, but John C. Reilly is hilarious in it. 

oh geez that was her wasn't it? I don't think I ever placed who played the female lead, only that it was someone familiar. Also I had to look that up because in my head David Koechner (who also needs to spend some time away from automobiles) played John C. Reilly's character. That was a good movie - not anything particularly incredible or groundbreaking or whatever, but just a solid all around comedy.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

The eyewitness CBS Los Angeles interviewed said they had to get a crane first to pull her car out of the house (it was in the woman’s house—and the owner of the house and her two dogs and turtle are safe—-by a good 30 feet) before they got Heche out. The witness said the fire pretty much started immediately. So…30 minutes. That’s why the pilot flying overhead was stunned (not just because it was a little creepy Heche sat up on the stretcher) that anyone was alive at all. 

• Like 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/actress-anne-heche-hospitalized-in-critical-condition-after-brutal-crash-in-la-reports-say?ref=home

source close to her saying a long road to recovery for her…(burn-wise)…so not knowing how much of her body was burned it’s pretty sad honestly.

she was good in Donnie Brasco. 1997-1998 were her peak years after she was on that soap opera in the late 1980’s-1991

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/actress-anne-heche-hospitalized-in-critical-condition-after-brutal-crash-in-la-reports-say?ref=home

source close to her saying a long road to recovery for her…(burn-wise)…so not knowing how much of her body was burned it’s pretty sad honestly.

she was good in Donnie Brasco. 1997-1998 were her peak years after she was on that soap opera in the late 1980’s-1991

I guess you’re right Donnie Brasco is her best movie. Geez. Famous for dating Ellen seems to be her best role. 

Glad she’s going to make it. And that’s about all I have to say about that 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Google “therapist putting false molestation memories”.  First page has 10 or so papers and reports.  Some from 90’s and some just on false memory issue from other times.  Not just with celebs but in general, but I think celeb cases where this was alleged or believed to have possibly happened got more notice.

Doesn’t mean all are false accusations, but there was a spate of kids or people finding “repressed memories” of abuse that was later found to be false but derived from therapy.

Sorry to sidetrack...

Y'all don't remember the Satanic Panic of the early 90s? Therapists were travelling the country with the crazy notion of unlocking blocked memories. I listened to a good podcast about it a month or so ago. My son interned at the SA DA office this summer and was around when the guy from San Antonio that accused his dad of satanic stuff recanted his testimony. He is in the intro of the podcast series. There are 8 episodes. Recommend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

That's it! I'm getting one of these babies! Ford made it, so you know it's safe!

spacer.png

Get you some Firestone 500s to go that, just to be sure.

FYI   reference to Firestone 500s, a tire recalled back in the 1970s due to poor design and manufacturing causing blowouts and shredding.

10 hours ago, ABSR said:

Google “therapist putting false molestation memories”.  First page has 10 or so papers and reports.  Some from 90’s and some just on false memory issue from other times.  Not just with celebs but in general, but I think celeb cases where this was alleged or believed to have possibly happened got more notice.

Doesn’t mean all are false accusations, but there was a spate of kids or people finding “repressed memories” of abuse that was later found to be false but derived from therapy.

Yeah, it was actually a thing for a while, now mostly discredited.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory_syndrome

I don't think we have enough information to state whether she was a victim of that, or of actual abuse.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Odd…

There are a couple of unsubstantiated rumors on Twitter that she may lose both hands and both feet. Obviously, I’m sympathetic to her situation. Clearly she suffers from some mental health issues and substance problems (which she’s talked about quite a bit.) so in that sense I hurt for her and have sympathy—particularly if what she’s said about her growing up is true. Even if it’s not…I feel for her because she is clearly unwell.

Having said that…my sympathies also lie with the people that she’s hurt along the way. That lady who either owned or was renting the house lost everything. Anne has two kids and a string of broken relationships…as much sympathy as I have for Anne…the people in her life are also hurt. This is a person who has means and ability to be on a regime, get therapy etc…at some point you are just an irresponsible asshole. You have to be accountable for the treatment you need that you don’t seek out or get or follow. There are no doubt so many people in the wake of people like Anne that are completely innocent. So while I feel for Anne absolutely also feel for the innocent people harmed because someone won’t take responsibility for themselves. Addicts and those who deal with mental health issues always get the entire spotlight and most of the sympathy…it should fall equally on the people in their path and in their lives who probably have done all they can to help and still suffer.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1. GoFundMe for the woman whose house was destroyed

2. Re: burns - several years back I was in a nasty accident where some of my injuries were treated like burns. All the skin on my left palm was scraped off, as was the skin on several knuckles and on a large portion of my forehead. When I first arrived in the ER (UTMB in Galveston) they gave me a bunch of morphine (among an assortment of other drugs) and I still wouldn't let them touch me on any of the injured areas. They decided I needed to go to the burn unit so they could clean and debride the wounds. Before they started any of that, though, they gave me what they called a "fentanyl popsicle" to help with the pain. All this to say that significant doses of morphine and fentanyl (and whatever else they gave me) did fuck-all for the pain and it took two of them to hold me down while the third did the cleaning because I couldn't stop myself from screaming and thrashing around. It was maybe 30-45 seconds per area. I was praying to just lose consciousness but it never happened. Anyway, given what happened to me over a relatively small area, I cannot imagine the pain for large areas of significant burns. I just can't. There aren't enough drugs in the world.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, austingirl said:

2. Re: burns - several years back I was in a nasty accident where some of my injuries were treated like burns. All the skin on my left palm was scraped off, as was the skin on several knuckles and on a large portion of my forehead. When I first arrived in the ER (UTMB in Galveston) they gave me a bunch of morphine (among an assortment of other drugs) and I still wouldn't let them touch me on any of the injured areas. They decided I needed to go to the burn unit so they could clean and debride the wounds. Before they started any of that, though, they gave me what they called a "fentanyl popsicle" to help with the pain. All this to say that significant doses of morphine and fentanyl (and whatever else they gave me) did fuck-all for the pain and it took two of them to hold me down while the third did the cleaning because I couldn't stop myself from screaming and thrashing around. It was maybe 30-45 seconds per area. I was praying to just lose consciousness but it never happened. Anyway, given what happened to me over a relatively small area, I cannot imagine the pain for large areas of significant burns. I just can't. There aren't enough drugs in the world.

Motorcycle wreck?

34 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Surly is a fickle crowd. In the thread addressing the lady that tore through LA and wrecked, most are calling for her death. Here we all hope for Anne’s recovery. 

I think because without having more information it’s just a case of someone who got drunk and killed people. A nurse who broke up with her boyfriend and ran a red light. If Anne had killed the woman in her house I’d say the sympathy would be a lot less. We know Anne has mental issues so a bit more sympathy. No idea about the nurse—but she killed a pregnant lady and a little Bitty so yeah sympathy is real low there. Anne was also allegedly drunk as a mofo…and driving recklessly so fuck her for that and burning a woman’s house down. 

We all have our good and bad days. I imagine those with mental health or substance abuse can have some really bad days. It can’t be easy if you also have to deal with paparazzi looking to catch you looking horrible or acting weird. That would seem to amplify your bad days.

The public seems to simultaneously support and gawk at famous people with mental health issues. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

Surly is a fickle crowd. In the thread addressing the lady that tore through LA and wrecked, most are calling for her death. Here we all hope for Anne’s recovery. 

If she’s as badly burned as rumored, she is going to pay a STEEEEP price irrespective of her motives or our feelings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

Surly is a place for assholes.

Anne Heche may wish death on herself once the pain meds wear off.  She's very lucky no one was killed.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Motorcycle wreck?

Golf cart, believe it or not. I was sitting on the back and the driver put it in reverse but the gas pedal briefly got stuck so instead of shifting back to drive once we got on the road, we went across the road into a mud and water-filled ditch. I fell facedown but put my hands in front to brace myself, hence the injury to my hand, and the cart kept rolling till it stopped with one of the wheels on my forehead. I had managed to turn my head to the side before it fully stopped rolling, which is why I did not drown in six inches of Crystal Beach ditch water.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I had a coworker who got bit by a brown recluse and she had to have most of the flesh on her leg debrided from mid thigh down. She described it thoroughly and it’s nightmare fuel.

My wife’s brother was accidentally set on fire by her father squiring lighter fluid on a slow fire when he was 5. 2nd and 3rd over his torso and up his neck, fortunately not much on his face. All in front of my then his family including his 10 yr old sister. They lived in the country in west Tennessee and drove him to the county hospital. They wanted to helivac him to a top class pediatric burn unit in Memphis but my fucktard father in law wanted him treated at the small town hospital so he didn’t have to travel. My wife was in the room while they debrided his burns and it rips my guts up when she talks about his screams and torment. It was a ptsd moment for both kids, it wrecked the family in guilt and anger. I fear burns like nothing else.

I feel for Anne Heche as she took her twisted messed up life and just destroyed it. Her family has to continue to deal with her shit, her addictions, her mental illness. Unrepentant addicts and uncooperative mental cases leave a trainwreck behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, austingirl said:

Golf cart, believe it or not. I was sitting on the back and the driver put it in reverse but the gas pedal briefly got stuck so instead of shifting back to drive once we got on the road, we went across the road into a mud and water-filled ditch. I fell facedown but put my hands in front to brace myself, hence the injury to my hand, and the cart kept rolling till it stopped with one of the wheels on my forehead. I had managed to turn my head to the side before it fully stopped rolling, which is why I did not drown in six inches of Crystal Beach ditch water.

3ad7bea0fc44fd4ed4d66f278e8a5e373229152b

This you?

• Haha 2