Anne Heche -- bad car accident

jimmyjazz

Based on what Anne’s relatives/sources close to her have said…she’s not in a medically induced coma. She fell into a coma shortly after being put in the ambulance and her sons are waiting for her to come out of the coma. More details from neighbors who tried to free her from her vehicle.

“Local residents have been sharing their accounts of what happened, and one has recalled Anne told passers-by she “wasn’t doing real well” following the collision.

Lynne Bernstein, who lives in nearby Venice with wife Natalie, told how he and neighbours Dave and Gabriel were able to talk to the Volcano star after she drove “almost all the way through” a house and her car “almost immediately” caught fire.

Dave was able to get into the back of the car to speak with the driver.

Lynne said: “She responded that she wasn’t doing real well.

“He actually talked to her briefly. Yeah, he asked her to raise her hand or something … if she was OK and she said she couldn’t.”

The group tried their best to free Anne from her vehicle and Lynne thinks if they had been able to do so before the fire brigade arrives “maybe she wouldn’t be suffering the way she is now.”

Noting that Gabriel tried to put out the fire while Dave tried to get Anne out, Lynne said: “We were having a hard time seeing and breathing.

“(Dave was) overcome by the smoke. So, he went to the back of the house to see if there was an alternative route, maybe we could get to her from the front of the vehicle. But the smoke, even on the backyard was pretty darn intense.”

• Like 1

After reading about her condition on here yesterday, I decided to google it today. Confirms what Nicole44 says. She naturally went into a coma, is in severely critical condition with lung damage requiring a ventilator.

I also stumbled on an ET account of probably the last person she met with. She went into a salon to buy a red wig. The proprietor said she was very nice and polite and showed no signes of impairment. She even took a selfie with the man:

image.png.7480fb985a1149526136887303fbf31e.png

Something poignant in this. 

It's fine to make jokes funny and otherwise. I won't hold back a black barb of wit if it's funny. Still, I don't want to become hardened to this moment occurring just moments before she found herself in that horrible situation.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I got stuck watching an episode of Sally Jesse Raphael--doctor's office waiting room or some such.  Definitely not something I watched from home on purpose.

She had a psychiatrist on, and he was addressing what had become a sensation in recent years prior to that:  All the "repressed memories" that people were "uncovering" in therapy.  And naturally, all those suppressed memories were of horrible abuse in one way or the other.  He was arguing that severely traumatic experiences are actually seared into the conscious memory as well the unconscious, and that the therapists uncovering these repressed memories were guilty of doing unfathomable damage.

She got really taken back, defensive even, and she insisted to him that she'd had a string of therapists on her show who had assured her of the valid scientific basis behind repressed traumatic memories.  His response was golden.

"They're bullshit.  There's really no such thing, generally speaking."

She just would not have it.  I think the intervening years have validated his position and made her look like a bigger idiot than she already did.  It's beyond fascinating, the way we insist on clinging to a belief because of our emotional attachment to it, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will dissuade us.

People mock religion and religious beliefs (understandably so, in a great many cases) but they're just one example of the way people in general rationalize away anything that opposes their belief system.  In that respect, everybody's religious to some degree.

Off topic, but was this recently or back in the 80s?

If this was recent, I didn't even know Sally Jesse Raphael was even still alive, yet alone still have a show on the air...

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Stella Link said:

Off topic, but was this recently or back in the 80s?

If this was recent, I didn't even know Sally Jesse Raphael was even still alive, yet alone still have a show on the air...

Definitely way back.  Not sure how many years ago.

I had no idea if she was still alive, either.  Looks like she's still kicking at 87.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

After reading about her condition on here yesterday, I decided to google it today. Confirms what Nicole44 says. She naturally went into a coma, is in severely critical condition with lung damage requiring a ventilator.

I also stumbled on an ET account of probably the last person she met with. She went into a salon to buy a red wig. The proprietor said she was very nice and polite and showed no signes of impairment. She even took a selfie with the man:

image.png.7480fb985a1149526136887303fbf31e.png

I won't hold back a black barb

iswydt

• Haha 1

Looks like the gofundme page for Lynne Mishele who lost her home (two dogs and a tortoise) has raised $126,620 (so far.)

Lynne Mishele’s  company helps “organize” other people’s houses. You can’t make that up.

It’s called Creative Organization. Her home was dispatched somewhat creatively so I’m sure she can relate. It hits close to home as we’d say. 

In other non-surprising related news…Rosie O’Donnell is an unhinged cunt. And it also appears Anne has been transferred to a burn unit I think if rumors on Twitter are true.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

What does she need a go fund me for? I'm assuming she has insurance and likely will be getting a chunk from Heche's insurer. Probably not hurting for money if you own  your own home in what looks to be a decent L.A. neighborhood. 

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

What does she need a go fund me for? I'm assuming she has insurance and likely will be getting a chunk from Heche's insurer. Probably not hurting for money if you own  your own home in what looks to be a decent L.A. neighborhood. 

Not sure if accurate but I think she was renting the house but lost all her possessions. And a place to stay. I’m not sure who started the gofundme…

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Not sure if accurate but I think she was renting the house but lost all her possessions. And a place to stay. I’m not sure who started the gofundme…

Maybe she should have sprung for the $30 a month the renter's insurance would cost?

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Are you really surprised?  There was an entire Netflix series a few years back based on someone who did this and it was huge for a hot minute.

Nah…I think I know the lady you are speaking about. I don’t like clutter. I’m a tidy person BUT I collect things that mean something to me and keep things that have been passed down from family. That lady that got so famous said to only keep two or three things. Ummm no. Fuck that.

31 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Her home was dispatched somewhat creatively so I’m sure she can relate. It hits close to home as we’d say. 

Not bad, Nicole.  I chuckled.

Although I deleted it from the quote above, why'd you mention Rosie O'Donnell?

It's not that I don't agree with you, I'm just curious why you brought that up?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Not bad, Nicole.  I chuckled.

Although I deleted it from the quote above, why'd you mention Rosie O'Donnell?

It's not that I don't agree with you, I'm just curious why you brought that up?

Rosie is a hypocritical egotistical cunt and a bigot. She openly dragged Heche for her mental breakdown in 2001. Anne had psychotic break and also afterwards talked about being molested in her life by her father (whether true or not Rosie is big on believing people for claiming as much just not Anne.) Rosie made fun of her. Rosie now says she feels bad and said, “I hope she’s ok…” dumbassery. Rosie doesn’t need to be making fun of anyone’s mental breakdowns. Ever.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

So she'll return the go fund me money when it does?

I wouldn’t. The gofundme is to help the woman right now and not set up under false pretenses. It could be a year or more before she sees anything from insurance. Use that money to get a new place and furniture etc…computers. It’s incredible how some gofundme things blow up like that but it’s been making the rounds on Twitter and has national exposure because of Anne. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I wouldn’t. The gofundme is to help the woman right now and not set up under false pretenses. It could be a year or more before she sees anything from insurance. Use that money to get a new place and furniture etc…computers. It’s incredible how some gofundme things blow up like that but it’s been making the rounds on Twitter and has national exposure because of Anne. 

meh...she's made more money than she lost, I'd bet. Donate the rest to a children's burn center or something. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Deej said:

No idea if she has insurance, and she may not if she's renting.  But I doubt Heche's insurer would cover this.  Insurance almost always excludes intentional acts.  Heche may have enough money to cover it, but it could be a long time until she has access to it.  Heche certainly isn't able to write any checks right now, so probably waiting for a lawsuit or for Heche to die and her Estate to pay out.

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

giphy.gif

The word you mean is regress. Like a regressive mindset that fights every inch of progress.

Congress is the act or action of coming together/meeting. You know, like a congregation. 

Or, you know, the old play on the words pro and con.  That CONgress is the antithesis of PROgress.  But fight on Merriam

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Yikes

It's one thing for law enforcement sources to be indicating that the driver in a bizarre crash was under the influence of narcotics, but when fentanyl itself is throwing you under the by alleging that you're high on cocaine, you truly are out of friends.

• Haha 4

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Cocaine and fentanyl is an interesting combo 

New take on a classic speedball.

I don't have any experience with fentanyl, beyond what I've been given when dealing with a kidney stone.  But I can vouch that cocaine + methadone is a potent combo.  You go from 180mph to narcolepsy with no warning.  I don't recommend it.  

18 hours ago, lemonlime said:

No idea if she has insurance, and she may not if she's renting.  But I doubt Heche's insurer would cover this.  Insurance almost always excludes intentional acts.  Heche may have enough money to cover it, but it could be a long time until she has access to it.  Heche certainly isn't able to write any checks right now, so probably waiting for a lawsuit or for Heche to die and her Estate to pay out.

Did I miss something that said Anne Heche deliberately targeted this house and tried to drive her car through it? Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol would not be considered an "intentional act."

22 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Rosie is a hypocritical egotistical cunt and a bigot. She openly dragged Heche for her mental breakdown in 2001. Anne had psychotic break and also afterwards talked about being molested in her life by her father (whether true or not Rosie is big on believing people for claiming as much just not Anne.) Rosie made fun of her. Rosie now says she feels bad and said, “I hope she’s ok…” dumbassery. Rosie doesn’t need to be making fun of anyone’s mental breakdowns. Ever.

Well in that case...  off with her head.

I thought Rosie was great in A League of Their Own, but that's the only nice thing I can say about her.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Not really, but wtf is with possibly in that? Kind of a big thing to just put out there as a possibility 

TMZ is reporting it showed up on the blood tests, but law enforcement hasn't determined if it was from prior recreational use or from treatment at the hospital.

• Hook 'Em 3

Probably treatment at hospital. With the fentanyl. Cocaine could be that day or recent.

seeing on Twitter and elsewhere the terms “dire” and “grave” about Anne are now trending. Too early to say RIP but damn. I really did love Six Days and Seven Nights. The pulmonary stuff plus the severe burns…it’s amazing she was even alive to be put in the ambulance. 

@trauma babe could probably speak to this much better. It was worrisome regardless (after being in that car while the house and car were burning for roughly 30 minutes) but her falling into a coma on her own made me think there was probably not a high chance of survival even with being a human rotisserie in that car. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Did I miss something that said Anne Heche deliberately targeted this house and tried to drive her car through it? Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol would not be considered an "intentional act."

I thought she tried to kill herself and aimed for the building.  But maybe I just made that assumption after watching the video of her speeding down the street at a suicidal rate of speed.

38 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Probably treatment at hospital. With the fentanyl. Cocaine could be that day or recent.

seeing on Twitter and elsewhere the terms “dire” and “grave” about Anne are now trending. Too early to say RIP but damn. I really did love Six Days and Seven Nights. The pulmonary stuff plus the severe burns…it’s amazing she was even alive to be put in the ambulance. 

@trauma babe could probably speak to this much better. It was worrisome regardless (after being in that car while the house and car were burning for roughly 30 minutes) but her falling into a coma on her own made me think there was probably not a high chance of survival even with being a human rotisserie in that car. 

Yeah, every time this gets bumped I assume it's because she's passed away. I don't think there's any chance she's going to make it. Once you start hearing about internal burns on lungs and such, that's usually it. Honestly, I can't believe she's still alive at this point.

• Like 1

I can confidently say that she's on enough fentanyl right now to kill multiple people on this board. Burn pts develop opioid tolerance incredibly quickly, despite the narcs not doing a ton for their pain. She's also likely on massive doses of propofol (the drug that killed Michael Jackson), Precedex, and/or depending on her respiratory status, she may be chemically paralyzed and "therapeutically sedated" (essentially meaning no stimulus makes it through the drugs to her nervous system...a gross simplification).

She has a very slim chance at living, but I can't imagine she'll ever be in front of a camera again, unless it's for a PSA. 

Edited by trauma babe
Clarity and specificity
  • Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

uI can confidently say that she's on enough fentanyl right now to kill multiple people on this board. Burn pts develop opioid tolerance incredibly quickly, despite the narcs not doing a ton for their pain. She's also likely on massive doses of propofol (the drug that killed Michael Jackson), Precedex, and/or depending on her respiratory status, she may be chemically paralyzed and "therapeutically sedated" (meaning no stimulus makes it through the drugs to her nervous system).

She has a very slim chance at living, but I can't imagine she'll ever be in front of a camera again, unless it's for a PSA. 

csb...  I was in a propofol induced coma for nearly two weeks due to sepsis with kidney failure and coming out of that was something else.  I went in for a colonoscopy a few years ago and they hooked me up to that stuff and I kind of freaked out about it, due to the memory of all that torture.  But it ended up being no big deal, of course.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

csb...  I was in a propofol induced coma for nearly two weeks due to sepsis with kidney failure and coming out of that was something else.  I went in for a colonoscopy a few years ago and they hooked me up to that stuff and I kind of freaked out about it, due to the memory of all that torture.  But it ended up being no big deal, of course.

Yeah propofol can be gnarly. Hopefully you didn't hallucinate anything too terrible!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Your attempt to suggest that OnlyFans is somehow limited from supplying a wider fetish range is noted. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Holy Shit Gus! Glad you are still with us. That is frightening.  

2a9bd3a2a73e68d527ea377b56269271.jpg