Anne Heche -- bad car accident

jimmyjazz

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

It's better to burn out than fade away. RIP. 

My buddy had a saying.  

It’s better to burn out than rust out.  

He was the dude that died in a plane crash years back. It was on the other site. The turbo prop plane with a longhorn on the vertical stabilizer.   RIP amigo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

A sad string of consecutive horrible decisions here: cocaine + fentanyl + getting behind the wheel of anything = your own personal death thread on Surly. The only good thing about it is that others weren’t seriously injured or killed. See, e.g., Henry Ruggs: NFL starter apparently set for life one day, soon-to-be bankrupt long term prison dweller womanslaughter convict the next. And the life of an innocent person gruesomely lost in the process. Too many bad, bad fucking decisions stacked on top of each other.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

A sad string of consecutive horrible decisions here: cocaine + fentanyl + getting behind the wheel of anything = your own personal death thread on Surly. The only good thing about it is that others weren’t seriously injured or killed. See, e.g., Henry Ruggs: NFL starter apparently set for life one day, soon-to-be bankrupt long term prison dweller womanslaughter convict the next. And the life of an innocent person gruesomely lost in the process. Too many bad, bad fucking decisions stacked on top of each other.

The fentanyl factor may not have been a "decision", but I get what you are saying.

man this thing actually bums me out a bit more realizing that was her in Cedar Rapids. I guess I don't really remember her much past that desert island movie with Harrison Ford, and so this felt like the tail end of a long spiral rather than... perhaps her whole life has been a struggle with her demons and keeping it in the lines, and she just finally lost the handle.

Obviously in the crash the victim is the woman whose home was destroyed. But, you know, like Norm has to say about Janice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Man, it's hard for me to imagine something that I give less of a shit about than knowing how Ellen DeGeneres acts behind the scene.

Easy for me. An aggy take on a Texas board.

but you aren’t wrong.

Edited by justhookit

On 8/13/2022 at 8:09 AM, Bama Llama said:

And the dog. Ruggs murdered the woman's dog too. At least Heche spared the turtle.

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah, the official time of death will be within the last couple hours. Lots of jumping the gun with that lately, Tony Dow, Tanya Roberts, though it seems like there was another one right before Wally. Based on the tweet above, it seems there will be some organ matching, so that’s good to hear. 

Under California law, the official time of death was when she was declared brain dead last week. Just been an organ husk since then.

Edited by Herpa Derpa

7 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah, the official time of death will be within the last couple hours. Lots of jumping the gun with that lately, Tony Dow, Tanya Roberts, though it seems like there was another one right before Wally. Based on the tweet above, it seems there will be some organ matching, so that’s good to hear. 

I didn’t realize Tanya Roberts was dead.

• 3 months later...

Apparently sober. 

There is no evidence Anne Heche was impaired by illicit substances when she crashed her car into a Los Angeles residence on Aug. 5 despite reports suggesting otherwise.

Yahoo Entertainment obtained Heche's final autopsy report that includes toxicology results. The actress's blood tested at the hospital showed the presence of benzoylecgonine, an inactive metabolite of cocaine. That indicates past use, the Los Angeles medical examiner confirms. Results also showed prior use of marijuana, but not at the time of injury. There was no alcohol detected in Heche's system either. Speculation the actress was inebriated at the time of the accident was fueled by an image that appeared to show a liquor bottle in the front seat of her vehicle.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department previously told to Yahoo Entertainment that Heche was under investigation for a felony DUI traffic collision before she was taken off life support. Blood draw results showed the presence of narcotics; however additional testing was required to rule out what was given to her medically. The final toxicology report states the fentanyl detected in Heche's urine was administered in the hospital.

The medical examiner determined Heche died of inhalation and thermal injuries. She was trapped in her Mini Cooper for around 30 minutes before she was rescued by first responders. The official report lists sternal fracture due to blunt trauma as another "significant condition."

Heche was hospitalized immediately following the fiery car crash. She went into a coma and was declared brain dead days later, but was kept on life support so her organs could be donated. Her date of death is listed as Aug. 11. She was 53.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/anne-heche-final-autopsy-report-no-evidence-illegal-drugs-in-system-at-time-of-crash-235623391.html